October 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Garden Carrot Complexion Soap [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by starlee2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was extremely wary of using a soap on my face, but I'm very glad I made this purchase. I honestly think it's the best thing to cleanse my face with! I have very sun-damaged, acne-prone, oily skin, and my skin has shown a very positive response to this soap. I've never used such a gentle and effective facial cleanser that made my face squeaky clean without making it dry!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I approached this product with pretty realistic expectations. I was looking for something that would cleanse well but not irritate, that was natural and chemical free, and in that manner it performs wonderfully. I also like that it has a healthy amount of betacarotene, which can't hurt. But, if you're looking for visible anti-aging effects from this, you will be disappointed. I happen to be of the opinion that cleansers don't do much to add to an anti-aging routine (other than keeping your face clean and not irritated), and this soap is no exception. It's a good cleanser that lasts for a long time at a reasonable price with some added antioxidants.

UPDATE 9/24/11: I stopped using this on my face when I started Retin A and finished up the bar on my body. I now have a good thing going with my cetaphil antibacterial bar and cerave's foaming cleanser. I still think this is a decent facial cleanser, but not what I need right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by musey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had much better luck with my sensitive, combo-dry-oily blackhead-prone rosacea (it's a mouthful) skin since switching to this soap. I used to be a wild lettuce devotee until a bad bout of dry skin, then switched to milk cleansers, and by the time my skin had healed lettuce was discontinued! SO happy to find an alternative, and... blasphemy... I think I like this one better.

Since I travel a lot I love having solid options, and this fits the bill perfectly. Plus, it lasts for-E-VER so I don't have to worry about restocking while away.

I also love the minimalist, earth-friendly packaging.

I can see how the earthy scent might bother some, so sniff it at the store before purchasing. I happen to love earthy non-perfumey scents, so I love it.

Overall a major winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Cecilology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although this really isn't made for acne, it clears up and brightens my skin like you wouldn't believe, I look dewey. Plus is smells kind of sweet and warm, paired with my orange ginger bodywash it's wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by OSakuraO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love how this soap smells! When I first got it, I would see that after i'd use it, any pimples i'd have would be bigger in the morning instead of shrinking by morning like with other facial cleaners. So, I stopped using this product for a long time. About a week ago, I started to use this again. This time, I realized that it really cleared up my skin. It evened out my skin tone and I think it gets rid of blemishes. It gives my skin a really dewy look. I don't think a cleanser this good could've caused the previous problem, so it was probably caused by another facial product I was probably using. Anyway, this product is great! & You don't need to use a lot, because it foams a lot so it lasts a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I've been using this soap for about 2 months and I love it. The bar lasts soooo long. Gets all makeup off, doesn't dry out my skin, and it smells great. Oh, the first day it might dry out your skin, but after a few washes your skin gets used to it and it leaves it more balanced, just stick to it. Light and fresh. It's so concentrated. Lathers like crazy. I barely touch it and it lathers a lot. Keeps my skin clear and smooth. After a few days of using it, my DH came up to me and said "You didn't get all your makeup off you still have foundation on." Hell, yes. Will buy again as soon as I run out. Which wont be for awhile, has about 2 more months left.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

I am not a soap person, every time i used complexion bar, my face will feel so dry. but i do think it's a good soap, just that i don't want my face to be dry, so my wrinkle shows.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MmmMmmGood

First tried this as part of the sample pack, and wow! I didn't expect much from this, as I have always been wary of bar cleansers. But WOW, this is great! It cleared up the acne on my skin and made the overall look and tone more even. I actually like the smell, too, in a kind of fresh-hippie way. (Don't worry about it, it washes off/my moisturizer covers it up.)

Though it's not meant for acne (for "mature and sun-damaged skin) it is working really well for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by xzkiskazx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ofcourse facial products will react differently for people, but this soap is amazing! I thought it would dry out my skin but no, it left it smooth and when my boyfriend saw me after the first time i used it he was like, is it me? or did you put a lot of foundation.
My skin tone is even and ofcourse since the company makes natural products it will have funny smells, but that gets automatically canceled out compared to the results.
like they say, beauty is pain but the only pain you have to get here is the smell (which doesn't bother me that much) and a sting in the eye if you're not careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Elyse09

This is a nice cleanser. It leaves my face feeling fresh and clean, and actually does help to even out my skin tone. I predict it would do an even better job it I used it in conjunction with the carrot moisturizer. However, thought it is nice, I won't buy it again because it did nothing to help my acne (which is not the cleansers fault because it isn't supposed to help with acne anyway). Pros: Leaves face feeling fresh and clean, and helps to even out skin tone. Cons: It stings like crazy if you get it in your eyes, and I wish Burt's Bees would sell it with some sort of waterproof soap dish for easy storage. I would buy this again because I need something that will help my acne, but I would recommend it to someone who doesn't have acne problems, especially someone with sun damaged skin.