July 31, 2014 | 2050 users online

Palettes - Chantecaille - Painting in Venice

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2003 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Cora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just gorgeous. I like it even better than Promenade in Prague. Here are the colors. For blush, Joy (medium luscious rosey pink, goes on a very natural flush). For eyeshadows, Agate (light to medium brown/grey with a slight cool tone), Freesia (light slightly shimmery lavender), Pyrite (light to medium lovely shimmery caramelly gold), Lemongrass (light shimmery leaf green), Peony (soft blush pink, actually, you could use this as a blush), Patchouli (dark muted brown touched with grey) and Perle (a pearly light light pink that goes on a neutral pearled tone). I don't usually like vibrant color, but these have so many subtle undertones that they can all work in a variety of ways. For instance, taking my inspiration from a movie poster, I used Freesia to line the bottom inner rim of the eye to add a freshness. And while there is a lot of color, a first application goes on sheer and you can build it if you like. The shimmer is subtle. Chantecaille's colors are great for brown eyed girls. I would definitely buy this again. For $125, you get seven shadows, a blush, a nice compact, and a eye shadow brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2003 7:51:00 PM More reviews by joopah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this over Ebay after lemming it so much, and was so afraid that I would be disappointed (since it costs a bomb). At first glance, there was nothing extraordinary, but as I look further I see the subtle shimmer, the hues within hues of the colors. Texture is extraordinarily soft and the color is amazing. What really thrills me is the aesthetics of this palette. The combination of the colors set in a silver case has (to me) has a dreamy quality to it. I spend a lot of time just looking at the palette and turning it this way and that to see the shadows catch the light at different angles. Quality, as other reviewers have stated, is a given.

There are palettes, and then there is Chantecaille.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2003 7:55:00 AM More reviews by pamelap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I spied this palette, I knew I just had to have it! I really did not think I would or could wear the colors, however I was mistaken. The colors are extremely wearable. Like most of chantecaille's products they are sheer, but buildable and oh so smooth. The pyrite is just about the classiest gold I have ever encountered. The agate is a color I would have never chosen, but has become an essential. The peony is a pretty, pretty pink. With the patchouli you can create a subtle, yet sexy smokey eye. The perle makes for a great highlighter or allover wash. The lemongrass looks so good layered over the pyrite on the lid (try agate in the crease with this combo). The freesia is pretty on the lid and makes green eyes pop. Finally joy is just about the prettiest blush I have ever tried. All in all this was a great investment. For anyone who has never purchased a chantecaille palette, do so without reservations because the products inside are the best and the mirror is fabulous, because you can see your entire face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2003 2:06:00 PM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette in a moment of madness. All the other Chantecaille palettes had looked a bit bland to me and too much like colors that I already have. But this one is unusual -- grays, browns, plums, green, gold -- a gorgeous array of colors for spring and summer. So I took the plunge and paid the ridiculous price. The quality of these shadows is top notch though -- pigmented, silky smooth, finely milled, NO creasing. There are endless color combos to be had. (SWhitney gave great descriptions so I won't!) The palette itself is beautiful and I LOVE the idea that I can pop the colors in and out of this, so I can customize it. Since I travel quite a bit, that design idea is particularly genius. Yes, it costs a bundle, but I will get tons of use out of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2003 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SWhitney

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So beautiful! My first Chantecaille palette. Contains a nice mixture of cool and warm tones: Agate (cool gray brown) Freesia
(soft pinky lavendar), Pyrite (gold shimmer), Lemongrass (sheer lime), Peony (soft pink - I've been using it as a blush)
Patchouli (dark matte gray brown) and Perle (opalescent). Also Joy blush, a vibrant rosy red. The texture of these are so light
and smooth, and the color payoff incredible! Definitely a palette to keep. I think this is a good one for "first timers" to Chantecaille palettes.