September 21, 2014 | 1004 users online

Lip Treatments - Prada - Shielding Balm Spf 15/Lip/Tint 7

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by eden822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

i purchased a box of these lip balms on ebay for $10 plus shipping, but i wouldn't purchase them at the full price because it is just completely exorbitant for lip gloss to cost that much $$. the color is very understated and natural and the texture is not too sticky or thick. the size of the tubes are perfect to put in small clutch purses or to just leave one in your desk at work, one in the bathroom, one in a briefcase, pocket etc and only a small amount of product is needed in order to be effective. overall i didn't feel that this lip gloss is all that special, the only unusual thing about it is that small tubes which are convenient when you're on the go, but the product itself is just like any other lip gloss out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 9:38:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

The only one of Prada's tinted lip balms I will buy. All the other colors are dull or scary. This one leave just a nice hint of pink behind with moisture, but not shiny. A bigger tube and cheaper price would be nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 7:45:00 AM More reviews by JanM

OOOOOhhhhhh I am very excited about this product which I purchased because of good reviews on here. Lips are my thang, if I'm going to splurge/cheer myself up it is a lipbalm/gloss/product, and this is the newest and dare I say it the best! The 8 tubes are very wee, almost like dolly tubes, but as others have said you do not need much , this has a thick texture which quickly melds so that it is spread easily over your lips, and it sticks to your lips making them feel protected. There is a little scent which disappears quickly and no taste (both a bonus in my case). The colour is a warm pink when it comes out, but which gives the barest of colour, more a moist glow to the lips, nothing garish. I got these for £12.50 on ebay, but at £35 full retail price, I would pay that for a product that works, lasts, and gives a hint of colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by missamerica32

This is my fave Prada Shielding Balm & I've tried ALL of the tints! This is a lightly pigmented pink shade that is super natural, but just offers a tiny hint of pink. I LOVE it so much!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2006 8:18:00 PM More reviews by gottfrie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome awesome awesome. I'm a lipgloss addict but always in need of lip balm. I have really dry and sensitive lips. I don't like using products with petroleum. I read the reviews on Prada tints and had to try it.
I got a box this week and I am more pleased than I had even expected.
I don't think the product is terribly overpriced for a good lip treatment. I had been paying $14 for a .12oz Lip care stick from Dr. Hauschka. This is .40oz and you can buy it for $25-$30 per box on Ebay.

EDIT:
A while after using this I went from 5 to 3 lippies. It's just not as good as my other lip treatments (Nuxe, Dr. H, and Fresh Shea Butter). And it offers absolutely no color or shine. Therefore because of the price and annoying tubes that DO get lost, I took away 2 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the feel of this and the non-shine, super-subtle sheen it leaves on my lips. As for the color, it's rather odd because it comes out of the tube a very opaque, bubblegum pink. However, on my lips, which have virtually NO pigment at all (can you say, "cadaver-woman?") the color doesn't show up. It's just a nice, moist look. I have to really pile it on in order to see the pinkness, which is really, really pretty, and still subtle. So . . . I'm a little bummed that I have to use so much to get a tad of pink going, but it's still worth it to me because I love the soft feel & the low/no shine. I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

• Longtime members know about my lip product addiction, so it should come as no surprise that I officially have a new fave tinted lip balm!! For those keeping score, my previous 'main squeeze' were the Smashbox Tinted Lip Treatments which I reviewed here a while back. • First off, the most striking difference between the Prada lip balm & all others out there, besides the formulation, which I will describe in a bit, is that it’s uniquely packaged: instead of the single, regular-sized tube or pot of lip balm we’re used to, when you buy yourself the Prada lip balm, it will come in a box w/ eight individually packaged & sealed "monodoses," or tiny, flat plastic squeeze tubes w/ tiny twist off caps. • I actually quite like this concept b/c when I find a lip balm to love, I normally like to have several tubes of it so I can keep one in my desk, car, purse, bedside table, kitchen, bathroom, &/or strategically hidden at various homes or places that I frequent so there is never a possibility that I will be caught w/o any lip balm!• The tiny little monodose tubes are perfect for me to place in the aforementioned strategic places to ensure that I always have one nearby. If you’re the type of girl who goes to a lot of formal events where you carry a tiny little handbag that's barely large enough to contain your car keys & a credit card, or are working your tightest, painted-on jeans at the hottest nightclub, this little monodose will still fit in your purse or pocket! • Alrighty then, now let's move on to the actual product formulation which makes the Prada lip balms so unique (IMHO): when you twist off the tiny little cap of your monodose, you will immediately notice that in order to dispense any product, you will need to squeeze the tube fairly hard. This is b/c the balm is a VERY thick, stiff, heavy cream that is almost paste-like & not pliant in its consistency -- but don't let this description frighten you b/c you only need a tiny bit in order to cover both lips. • Okay, so once you've squeezed out the product & you apply it to your lips you will notice that it feels very thick/heavy & doesn't seem like you will be able to easily spread it evenly over both lips. This sensation passes quickly b/c the natural body heat of your lips will soon cause the balm to feel velvety &/or buttery as it seems to sink right in to your lips, leaving them feeling soft & smooth. It stays on quite a long time, even through smoking, eating & drinking. • It’s super emollient while at the same time not at all greasy or sticky. Even once it wears off, it doesn't leave your lips feeling immediately parched & dry. There is no real discernable scent or taste to the Prada, just a very slight impression of lemons that is not at all unpleasant. • Okay, the other thing about the Prada lip balm is that it comes in several different shades, click here to see/read more about them: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/. These tints are soft, muted, of-course-I'm-not-wearing-anything-on-my-lips,they're-naturally-this-gorgeous colors! For those who dislike shiny or glossy looking lip balms & prefer a more natural or low-key look, the these Prada balms will be ideal for you b/c they produce a more subdued, "satiny" finish to the lips so it isn't as obvious that you’re wearing anything on your lips at all. I've tried them all & I prefer #6 & #7. • I think we all know that most men HATE to kiss a woman w/ "goo" all over her mouth. My boyfriend certainly fits into this category b/c he actually refuses to kiss me if I'm wearing anything on my lips. This is a serious problem for us, b/c I refuse to be WITHOUT some sort of lip product on my mouth at all times b/c I'm paranoid about the possibility of my lips beginning to feel dry or parched! Happily, now that I've discovered the Prada lip balms, we're both satisfied: my lips don't feel all gunky &/or taste bad when he kisses me & my lips don't feel parched & dry when I kiss him! In fact, if I hadn't told him that I was wearing lip balm, he never would have known I'd had anything on my lips. A true relationship saver, wouldn't you say?! • I guess the final 'bonus ball' for the Prada lip balm is that it even contains an SPF15 to protect lips from UV damage which is important b/c the lips are one of the only places on the body that do not create their own melanin (natural pigment/protection from the sun). • All-in-all, I would have to say that the Prada lip balms -- whether you opt for the clear or a tinted version -- is ideal for the person who likes to keep her lips moisturized but doesn't necessarily want to wear any telltale shiny or glossy product on her mouth b/c these Prada lip balms will leave you w/ a more satiny or matte finish. • P.S. Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or has anyone else noticed that your lips APPEAR to be slightly fuller-looking when wearing this lip balm? I don’t think the Prada includes any topical lip plumping ingredients, therefore I believe this is just merely an optical illusion – but what a WONDERFUL illusion to have!! Yet another reason to make sure that I always have a tube of it handy....Even though I'm a lip product whore, I've actually managed to stay "faithful" to my Prada lip balms for over 3 months now & use them on a near-daily basis in lieu of lipstick – that’s the highest praise from me!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 9:31:00 PM More reviews by djgirl1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really do love this balm. The price is the big setback. Is it worth it? I say try a tube out from ebay or something, then spring for it if you have the $. I could probably buy this, but then again, I have a hard time spending that kind of cash on these tiny little tubes. I found that they lasted through many many applications. Probably over 2 weeks for me, and wearing this all day most days. Not a bad price when you look at it that way. I sure wish I had found this at Marshalls for that price!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2006 10:45:00 AM More reviews by MissMoose2002

HG lip balm! I have tried so many lip balms, oils, and ointments with little success. I constantly have dry crack lips that bleed every week. I tried this to see if it worked. Within 2 hrs there was not a single crack on my lips. The balm made them smooth and gave them a nice healthy pink tone. My only gripes are the price, too expensive for lip balm. The packaging is both good and bad, the tubes are tiny and do not seem to carry very much product. However, since there is more than 1 tube, I can slip 1 each in my purse, pocket, desk, and bathroom. Since this really works for me I think I would consider buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Prada lipbalms have a unique packaging feature. These are mini squeeze tubes that are packaged individually and are sold in boxes of 8. Each mini squeeze tube will give you at least a dozen applications. The box retails for a whopping $38. Each tube weighs approximately .05 oz. There are seven shades of this and a clear tube as well. Neiman Marcus.com lists these as:
" Tint 01, dewy pale beige.
• Tint 02, velvety nude rose.
• Tint 03, lustrous soft peach.
• Tint 04, buffed clear berry.
• Tint 05, creamy chocolate.
• Tint 06, soft red.
• Tint 07, pale pink.

FOR: Dry, chapped, uncomfortable lips.

FUNDAMENTALS:
• Protects against chapping, cracking, sun, and pollution.
• Leaves lips looking plump with a new longwearing buffed finish.
• Sun protectors UVA and UVB filter out environmental damage.
• Antioxidant vitamin E and panthenol provide high-tech protection, helping to heal lips and restore a balanced moisture level for softness and conditioning.
• The sheer, moisturizing balm is rich with shea butter, which provides innovative treatment benefits and enhances the natural tone of lips.

TEXTURE: Moisturizing balm.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE: Apply to lips for instant plumping, protection, and low-gleam finish. Reapply as desired.

ASSURANCE: Dermatologist tested.

AMOUNT: 8 mono doses—individually sealed packages that keep out light, air, and bacteria. Hygienic and fresh. Each mono dose is 0.05 ounce. "

I find #7 to be exactly as described, a pale pink. It looks more pigmented than it applies but i still get a touch of pink to my pigmented brown lips. You cant really tell I am wearing any color but my lips are definately slightly pink. THe formula is very thick and not wet or drippy. I find it moisturizing, although I need to apply enough. It does help chapped lips but the cost is just insane. I recently found these at Marshalls for $7.99 a box, and that price is quite fair. I wouldnt say this is the best product I have ever used, but its not awful either. Not worth the full price.