November 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Hair - Dove - Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner 2 in 1

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I hate to write anything bad about Dove because I do adore their skincare and body line...but i have nothing good to say about this 2 in 1 or the other shampoos....totally dried my hair and for a 2 and 1 i could not even get a comb thru it.....i do love the foam conditioner, however, that stuff really rocks...and the new packaging for the Dove poos and conditioners is really crappy too...i hate that slanted, curved bottle.......

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by gaelcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Guess I'm in the minority but I love this! Especially for a cheap Dove product. My hair is very fine and on the oily side. I normally stay away from 2 in 1's because they generally make my hair completely flat. So I was very surprised by this. Nice fluffy, extra soft hair. I use it every other day, alternating with Nexxus Diametress. In this product's defense, I don't think it is meant for dry hair. They make a moisturizing version for that. Hasn't damaged my hair one bit. In fact, my husband said it felt like silk.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2005 2:25:00 AM More reviews by beautiful_disaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually like this product. It's not my favorite but I bought it because I read somewhere that Dove shampoo was good for dry hair. I've been using this for about a month now and my hair's a lot better! It doesn't give any volume whatsoever but I don't think it's possible for anything to give my hair volume. It's not a bad product and if it came down to it, I'd buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2005 1:18:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I have a medium amount of short, fine hair. This stuff turned it into an oil slick. Made me look like I'd poured crisco on my head. Trashed it after one use.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by peachoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This one went straight into the trash after a few days. Turned my hair into a stringy, greasy mop of slime. What's IN this stuff, motor oil?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2004 8:29:00 AM More reviews by shrixer78

This is the only 2-in-1 I will use on my super fine hair. I try not to use any 2-in-1 very often as I think you tend to lose moisture, but in a pinch...this is the best for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2004 11:16:00 AM More reviews by anneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised at this product! It completely dried out my hair. I've used the Dove shampoo and conditioner for color-treated hair and had no problems. I have very fine hair--I would even consider it a bit oily--and this product did nothing to give it volume. It merely sapped all the moisture out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2004 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mkplvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again i'm impressed with this line, i will say this my husband uses this one but i do not because after about a week my color began to fade a bit, so if you color your hair blondies(highlighted) it won't matter but(brunettes,redheads) use the one for color treated hair, or you'll end up at your salon quicker than you expected.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2004 3:32:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaMC

This made my hair very tangled and dry feeling. I have short hair and this had no positive effects at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2004 8:17:00 AM More reviews by iconoclast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's okay. Lathers well, smells nice, hair feels clean, but I still have to use a detangler spray afterwards. Same as most other 2-in-1's.