April 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Swiss Chocolate

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is a pretty bronzy shimmer shadow. The pigmentation is nice and the texture is buttery. When i apply this i do fin a lot of fallout even with a primer. I just don't find myself reaching for this. I don't regret it because it was like only three bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by SC2493

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this e/s after reading it was a dupe for Urban Decay's Buck e/s. Sadly, they are not very similar at all. Swiss Chocolate contains gold shimmer while Buck does not. It is very shimmery...too shimmery for my liking, but still usable.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by purpleredswirls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Swiss Chocolate is a warm light/medium brown with gold sparkle/glitter in it. That isn't as obvious from looking at the pan but once you swatch it you can see it and you can see it on your eye lid.

It isn't a chunky glitter but it's not a nice all over shimmer/satin finish.

It is not very pigmented but it is easy to work with.

I suggest even using the sponge applicator, the pointed end, to pack on the shadow. Sweeping it with a brush doesn't work as well to getting the glitter to get on your lid. For a quick warm look I wear this alone over my lids [with a primer].

A drugstore dupe is Maybelline Cinnamon Spice Single. It is almost the same size and is easier to apply and more pigmented. It even has the gold sparkle to it but isn't as large or sparse.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by goldenrosegold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this shadow practically everyday this summer even for weddings and special occasions. This is natural but pigmented so it is visible from my tan warm skin. it has some gold shimmer. It looks even better when applied wet, it becomes more intense and the gold shimmer can be seen complementing the shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

This is my HG eye shadow. I wear this almost every day, and I never get tired of it. It has such a beautiful gold shimmer that doesn't really transfer to my lid very well, but that's okay because I am not a 'glitter wearing' type of person. But to me, it was the perfect balance of color and shine. This has awesome staying power! I can put it on in the morning and will last through the evening. It also lasts through a p90x work out (which is a big plus for me). This could be worn day or night and it matches almost everything. I will wear this forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you like warm browns you very well may fall in love with Cover Girl Swiss Chocolate. As far as the finish goes....In the compact I do see flecks of gold, however, once on my eyes I do not see those flecks of gold, all I see is a pretty warm "teddy bear" brown with a satin finish. I use this on the lid and up into the crease and then a highlighter on my brow bone. This shade brings out green eyes and makes the whites of the eyes look really white. When I need to get my face done quickly this is what I reach for and it never lets me down. I find it to be pigmented, long lasting and it doesn't crease or fade throughout the day. For around 3 dollars you just can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by MapleBlossom2

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! Bought it on a whim at Wal-Mart for $3.65. I have been looking for a medium brown, and this looked a little sparkly in the store, but it is a lovely neutral caramel brown with only slight shimmer (I use over Too Faced Shadow Insurance so maybe that kills the glitter). I put Bobbi Brown Chocolate Shimmerwash in the outer corner and to line, and it all blends beautifully. The quality of this eyeshadow is not great--it's a little sheer and powdery--but the primer fixes that. I only wear neutral eyeshadows (NYX Iced Mocha, NARS Ashes to Ashes, NYX Taupe, Bobbi Brown Fawn, etc.) and this one is in my comfort zone. It is light but not too light. Me: NC30-ish, dark brown hair and eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by sassenachtiff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference: combo skin, NC30, Asian with yellow/golden undertones.

This eyeshadow is more glittery than I expected. Based on the reviews here, I didn't think the glitter would show on me, but it definitely did. I applied the eyeshadow in layers and always tapped my brush to get rid of excess. However, there was a bit of fallout around my eye area anyway. I like the color, but wish that the texture was smoother. It's not extremely chalky, but definitely not buttery, either. Considering I only paid a couple of dollars for this, I'm not too heartbroken...I'll just make sure to be more careful next time due to the fallout issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Right now my favorite everyday neutral.
update 1/31/12 --> after being my go to everyday neutral, I finally got sick of it and threw it out. I think the color oxidized because the color changed and it started to look horrible. I have enough other neutrals that I don't plan to repurchase. It was good while it lasted.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Swiss Chocolate is one of my all-time favorite eye shadows. I very rarely repurchase an eye shadow - usually, when I get to the bottom of the pan, I'm over the color, but this is one I can't live without. It's a rich, slightly shimmery brown that doesn't change color throughout the day. When I use it with my new fave, Palladio Herbal Eye Shadow Primer, it lasts all day long.