MAC Spirit

4.2

on 8/12/2015 1:53:00 AM

This was one of my first lipsticks to my MAC collection and I love it so much! It's my go-to during the Fall and Winter seasons. I am NC25-30 and it suites my fair skin. It has a beautiful taupe undertone and is so comfortable on the lips. It is also long-wearing.

on 7/31/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this. MAC has so many shades that accomplish the Kylie Jenner lip look and this is one. It's got the brown, but is pinky and muted. It's so hard to choose which one is my favorite.

on 4/12/2015 5:01:00 PM

Spirit is my go to lipstick. If you are medium skinned with yellow undertones, I would definitely recommend this lipstick. It is described as a "muted pinky beige brown" which is what it is, although there is not much pink - it is more brown. To me, it is like the Kylie Jenner brown lip colour. When I first bought it I didn't really like it but have found myself reaching for it all the time. It is one of those stunning, effortless colours which can be worn daily or on a night out. I love how sophisticated this looks. Don't be put of by the brown - it is more of a muted beigey brown, honestly it is gorgeous. It's a satin finish so it is a semi- matte finish. A lot of people say that this particular finish is drying. I do not find this to be the case. It is comfortable, long wearing and fades nicely without gunking up in the corners of the mouth or leaving that dreaded white cast line. MAC lipsticks are not cheap but for the quality, the unique colour, the edible vanillary scent, the comfort and the long lastingness of this lipstick, I'm not complaining. I would definitely repurchase. Seriously guys, check spirit out. At first, even I was hesitant about this but decided to take the plunge and I'm so glad I did.

Trying this for the second time first time didn't like it but I do now its a smoother creamier version of velvet teddy with a touch of mauve pink I think this will be my signature lipstick I was looking for something not too bright not too nude for everyday wear and ive tried cherish, half n half, peach stock, mocha and modesty I think cherish is beautiful but can be duped with wnw bare it all so no point in paying 16.00 for it, half n half is lovely but amplified cremes dont last they rub down too quick with regular usage, peach stock is nice but requires a lip liner which runs into spending too much money, mocha is nice but too apricot like for different eye shadows, modesty is too sheer unless depotted and applied with a brush and I can't do that on the go so I settled on spirit it's perfect and also velvet teddy is too dry I like mattes but not brown mattes so spirit it is and after spending hundreds at MAC im glad I found a signature and viva glam III as well that is a beautiful color that I have yet to find a dupe for.

on 2/22/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Definitely one of my favourite neutral/nude brown lipsticks - on my complexion (NC45/NC50) it creates an understated pinky brown nude hue. I'd 100% recommend this for deeper complexions. Only set back is the transfer due to the satin finish & the wear. Spirit is absolutely gorgeous but doesn't get talked a lot on the online community... Still a great nude nonetheless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Despote being quite a dark brown mauve color this makes a great nude for me amd I am NC35-40. Most people my skintone look good in Velvet Teddy but that color does not suit me for some reason, it gives a concealer type look on my lips since they are more pigmented I suppose( or not pigmented enough, I have no idea because my lips weirdly look terrible in most nudes). But this one looks on me the way I hope Velvet Teddy would and the satin finish means it will last long but have slightly more moisture than a matte lippie, which can be very drying. This one is also drying on its own but fine with gloss or lipbalm on.

on 1/14/2015 8:27:00 PM

Really dark color..

on 12/25/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was bought for me as a gift and I love it. It's statement but still a neutral colour. I wear a pink tone lipgloss over the top to brighten it up a bit.

on 12/22/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i'm gonna start this review out by saying, THIS IS A BROWN LIPSTICK. it is BROWN. maybe with the tiniest tinge of pink but barely. to me, this is the definition of that token 90s brown. especially on my super warm, fair skintone. its labeled as a satin but i call it a "comfortable matte" because there is no shine but i find my lips to feel moisturized after it has worn off. it is not, however, transfer proof like most mattes. i was at a family dinner yesterday afternoon and we all write our names on our plastic cups so that we can keep up with them. my sister made a joke that i didnt even need to write my name on mine since mine was the one with lipstick all over it. (i wore Spirit to the dinner) the lasting power is pretty good. i can get several hours of wear out of it even eating and drinking and it wears off evenly, and doesnt leave that gross lipstick ring around the edges of my lips. that is always a plus for me, because I hate that dreaded lipstick ring. i feel like if you have really cool undertones this may not work for you but i could be completely wrong. i like this lipstick because its work appropriate, but still makes a statement and makes me feel more put together. it can easily go from office appropriate, to night time going out appropriate. love it. would rebuy.

on 11/12/2014 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Oh where do I start. I love this and I only just got it. It's kinda like a pinkish brown/nude anyways it has more colour than modesty (which I also love btw) I'm an NC50 and this suits me so very well. I will most certainly repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin