MAC Spirit

4.2

Trying this for the second time first time didn't like it but I do now its a smoother creamier version of velvet teddy with a touch of mauve pink I think this will be my signature lipstick I was looking for something not too bright not too nude for everyday wear and ive tried cherish, half n half, peach stock, mocha and modesty I think cherish is beautiful but can be duped with wnw bare it all so no point in paying 16.00 for it, half n half is lovely but amplified cremes dont last they rub down too quick with regular usage, peach stock is nice but requires a lip liner which runs into spending too much money, mocha is nice but too apricot like for different eye shadows, modesty is too sheer unless depotted and applied with a brush and I can't do that on the go so I settled on spirit it's perfect and also velvet teddy is too dry I like mattes but not brown mattes so spirit it is and after spending hundreds at MAC im glad I found a signature and viva glam III as well that is a beautiful color that I have yet to find a dupe for.

on 2/22/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Definitely one of my favourite neutral/nude brown lipsticks - on my complexion (NC45/NC50) it creates an understated pinky brown nude hue. I'd 100% recommend this for deeper complexions. Only set back is the transfer due to the satin finish & the wear. Spirit is absolutely gorgeous but doesn't get talked a lot on the online community... Still a great nude nonetheless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Despote being quite a dark brown mauve color this makes a great nude for me amd I am NC35-40. Most people my skintone look good in Velvet Teddy but that color does not suit me for some reason, it gives a concealer type look on my lips since they are more pigmented I suppose( or not pigmented enough, I have no idea because my lips weirdly look terrible in most nudes). But this one looks on me the way I hope Velvet Teddy would and the satin finish means it will last long but have slightly more moisture than a matte lippie, which can be very drying. This one is also drying on its own but fine with gloss or lipbalm on.

on 1/14/2015 8:27:00 PM

Really dark color..

on 12/25/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was bought for me as a gift and I love it. It's statement but still a neutral colour. I wear a pink tone lipgloss over the top to brighten it up a bit.

on 12/22/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i'm gonna start this review out by saying, THIS IS A BROWN LIPSTICK. it is BROWN. maybe with the tiniest tinge of pink but barely. to me, this is the definition of that token 90s brown. especially on my super warm, fair skintone. its labeled as a satin but i call it a "comfortable matte" because there is no shine but i find my lips to feel moisturized after it has worn off. it is not, however, transfer proof like most mattes. i was at a family dinner yesterday afternoon and we all write our names on our plastic cups so that we can keep up with them. my sister made a joke that i didnt even need to write my name on mine since mine was the one with lipstick all over it. (i wore Spirit to the dinner) the lasting power is pretty good. i can get several hours of wear out of it even eating and drinking and it wears off evenly, and doesnt leave that gross lipstick ring around the edges of my lips. that is always a plus for me, because I hate that dreaded lipstick ring. i feel like if you have really cool undertones this may not work for you but i could be completely wrong. i like this lipstick because its work appropriate, but still makes a statement and makes me feel more put together. it can easily go from office appropriate, to night time going out appropriate. love it. would rebuy.

on 11/12/2014 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Oh where do I start. I love this and I only just got it. It's kinda like a pinkish brown/nude anyways it has more colour than modesty (which I also love btw) I'm an NC50 and this suits me so very well. I will most certainly repurchase.

on 10/3/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Lovvvvvve this!! If u are like me & love colors like Velvet Teddy, Brave, or Taupe then you will dig this color. I love this w Whirl lipliner.......I have Soar on order but Whirl is an awesome lipliner for Spirit. I love MAC lippies. Typical signature vanilla (yummy) scent... $16 + tax at macys. I've got 25 or so I think at last count MAC lippies (lipstick, lipglass) which is a modest collection by y'all's standards I am sure, but I would be hard pressed to pick a "favorite" out of the lot. MAC has such complex colors, they are simply lovely. I can never go into Macy's without buying something at the MAC counter so I try to avoid going to that section of the Mall much lol it's an addiction! Each color I buy is simply more lovely than the previous. (I am into Kylie Jenner lips so I've also got Faux on order.) MAC is high end to me so it's a treat to get even a single item, definitely a luxury!! :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lippie.
I'm about NC30-35 with an olive complexion and I've never found a lipstick that more perfectly fits that "my-lips-but-better" description.
It's a rosey brown and it just makes me look polished and goes with all of my makeup looks, except when I'm doing a super dramatic smokey eye.
Finish is apparently Satin but it's definitely more of a matte lippie. Because of that, it can emphasize dryness so make sure you moisturize/exfoliate well.
Usually pair this with my HG Rimmel lipliner in Natural and if I want a glossy finish, MAC Lust is a perfect lipglass that matches the lipstick.

If you have warm undertones/olive complexion and are a bit more tan (unless you want a darker lip) I think you should try this colour!

on 7/1/2014 4:00:00 AM

On other skin tones it's problably a nice nude/brown color. But on my very fair skin it was not flattering at all, it appears like a berry brown. Too dark for my liking. I really wanted to like this but for the first time ever I will be returning this lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks