August 27, 2014 | 1718 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Spirit

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On other skin tones it's problably a nice nude/brown color. But on my very fair skin it was not flattering at all, it appears like a berry brown. Too dark for my liking. I really wanted to like this but for the first time ever I will be returning this lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by aml44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC25 and this is just way too brown on my lips that its unwearable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't written a review! This is one of my fav go to lipsticks!!! I've always had this in my bag. I have NC30 skin with warm unertones and on my lips this looks like a pinky/nude. I like that its matte. I'll use chapstick before I put it on. Definitely worth taking a look and buying!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Spirit is a great nude to wear that isn't too light. I don't like my lips to look to light but this is great to wear with stronger eye makeup, especially green and gold eyeshadow. I was looking for a replacement for one of my favorite shades "Flattering" mattene by MAC and this came pretty close. It is a little more brown than Flattering but still has a cooler undertone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Annemeimei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my very first purchase of Mac products. I purchased it during the times that I wasn't sure at all about what lip color that I was exactly looking for and all I knew was that I wanted to get a nice nude for my lips... I seriously was chicken shit when it comes to going into a store, being clueless about what I wanted and being talked into buying something that wasn't what I look for at all! This seriously is too dark for me and I didn't use it much at all! Today, after a year, I put together the 2 mac lipsticks that I absolutely don't like on its own (which are spirit and supremely confident) and came up with this wearable pretty nude color that I will wear! I mean I am not head over heels with it but definitely I found my way to use up these lippies that I thought will stay in these tubes forever! And seriously it's very moisturizing because of supremely confident is a supreme cremesheen! I'm wearing it right now, I like it but still don't like it enough to repurchase! Let me see if this will get to me after a little while... maybe I will find my way into loving it? i don't know... Let's see how it goes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by sll74

i bought this when my favorite go to neutral lipstick, freckle, was discontinued. this has a pinch more mauve than freckle but it works for me. i pair it with chesnut liner and a little gloss because even though its a satin finish it is sort of matte like on my lips. spirit can be the perfect color when you have a bold/dramatic eye or when you want to look complete but don't want a more vivid color. i'm an nw43 in mac shades so for me this is the perfect, nude/natural lip. i hope this one isn't discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by krispykreme90

It was my friend's henna party and I had my makeup on except that I forgot to do my lips. My friend luckily had her sister's MAC Spirit lipstick and let me use it. It was a nice nude/brown shade with a tiny hint of pink in it. my lips looked fab and i instantly felt sophisticated and sexy ;o) it kept my lips moisturised and smooth throughout the whole day and it also has a nice unique smell to it, like the other MAC lipsticks. You can wear this lipstick for any occasion, and even for everyday wear. It's in satin so it's a quite matte but with a hint of moisture added. I think it would suit nearly all skin tones as both my friend and I had worn it and it looked great on her too given that her skin tone is much much warmer than my light skin. Haven't purchased this lipstick yet, but will do very soon hopefully.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by myfairlois

This is actually my first satin finish lipstick (from MAC). I'm NC25 and this lipstick is too brown for me. I try experimenting and mixing it to other lippies to get my desired finish; I use the lip color in Smashbox Doubletake Lip Color in Gossamer as my base and top with MAC Spirit. I somehow consider it likable in my opinion =) You can actually use any lighter shades (like MAC Giddy, etc) for the base.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, I didn't think that I could and would buy a MAC lipstick less flattering than Velvet Teddy, but I was wrong. I'll keep this short and sweet - on my lightly-pigmented red lips, and against my NC40 olive skin, Spirit looks grey-brown - the emphasis being on the grey. It then makes my skin look grey. I can't even tell what colour it really is, as every time I swatch it on my skin, it looks completely different to how it appears in the tube. In the tube it looks orange-brown with a hint of pink, swatched on my skin it looks more pink-brown, but on my lips something diabolical happens and it transforms into a sludge colour. I couldn't even tell you how long it lasts for, as it looks so terrible on me, I have the urge to remove it straight away. This makes Velvet Teddy seem like HG material!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to love this color in my early 20's. It was a pretty pinky-brown nude that looked good and suited me. Now that I'm in my late 30's, this color just doesn't look right anymore. It looks too drab on me now. I have to use a pink liner and lipgloss to make this work, and it barely works. Too bad, this used to be a favorite.