Clairol Herbal Essences color #49 -beyond cherry

on 6/15/2007 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Everything Meeshee1 says is as if we were twins. I did the Manic Panic thing (Deadly Nightshade) and once this came out I fell in love with it.....BUT...recently this product was discontinued in the white oval box. The last few I had bought in that box came out pitch black with a faint burgundy sheen, definitely waaaayyy darker than it had ever been before.

Now its in a new box and there is no Beyond Cherry, so I tried #48 Plush Plum, and it was the same thing, inky black with a burgundy undertone.

Specifically, when I apply it to the roots for 15 minutes then to the rest of the head for the last 5 (which is 5 minutes less than the recommended time) the roots come out pitch black and the rest pretty much okay.

I've even tried doing the roots for 10 and the rest for 5 for a total time of 15 minutes with no luck. Something is wrong with this product, and believe me, I've been coloring my hair for 20 years, and I know what I'm doing.

on 2/24/2003 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I was in college, I bleached my hair and used Manic Panic to get it to a bright, flamingo pink.. Once I got a little older, I still wanted bright red hair, just not as "punky". I have used EVERY color under the sun and always got really brassy, understated orangey reds that washed out in a week! Then I found herbal essences #49 in beyond cherry and I've been using it ever since! I am a natural brunette and this color gives me a WALLOP of SUPER bright pretty red color! It smells good, doesn't burn my scalp, and lasts and lasts! Honestly, if my hair didn't grow so fast and I didn't need to cover my roots so much, I wouldnt even need to dye my hair as much as I do now! I dont know about any other colors HH offers, but this one is awesome!!!

Popular Hair Color Products