November 28, 2014 | 1933 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Mink

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I like the gold color with my blue eyes. It's very neutral with a slight metallic tinge. I can't say much for it's staying power as I haven't worn it for a length of time yet. There's better options but it's still a good deal for the money!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not like this eyeshadow... it is chalky, not very pigmented and has chunks of silver glitter that fall down on your cheeks through out the day. I am definitely not a fan of glitter in any of my make up - shimmer is one thing, but chunks of glitter is a whole different story. No thanks... bought this in a BOGO sale a winn-dixie so I will just give it to a friend. Wet 'n Wild and the Almay trio eyeshadows are the best drugstore ones in my opinion so I will stick to those.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

This is a staple in my makeup stash, I had it as a kid and recently purchased again when it went on sale at CVS ($1.99).

The color is very pretty, a soft shimmery gold that leans rose on my tan skin. I love this as an everyday look, it is not overly glittery or shimmery, looks more like a nice neutral.

Formula wise this is totally acceptable, I use primer and it last a decent amount of time (4-10 hours). The fallout isnt bad and pigmentation is really good, i just use the sponge applicator it came with to apply alone or a es brush to blend in with other colors.

Great drugstore hidden gem, univerally flattering and "easy" look to go to, this w brown or black liner and mascara is a very nice look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I bought this 3 days ago and I've been wearing this everyday since. I have hooded lids so what I do is putting this all over my eyelids and I put my matte bronzer to define my crease,tight line and mascara and that's it! It's perfect for a simple-lazy-day-no-makeup-makeup-look. I use the elf $1 eye primer and it lasted the whole day on me without creasing or fading. On my eyes the shade is more of a shimmery champagne with a hint of golden pink,very pretty. My eyes just look awake whenever I wear this e/s. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This is a staple in my beauty box, and I seriously don't know what I'd do if they stopped making it. This is my everyday highlighter- I use it as a base under my shadow, EVERY eyeshadow; from my lash line all the way up to my brows and even in the inner and outer corner of my eyes to brighten them. It is the cheapest, best brow highlighter I have ever come across. The color is nude- but not a sheer nude... it's a shimmery, opaque nude. Hides imperfections on the lid and gives the lid a smooth canvas to start with when you use another shadow. I usually use at least 3 shadows at a time, and this ALWAYS goes on first. Can't look good without it, flat out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably not so great for redheads, the very pale, and people with allergies.

I bought this thinking it would be a good neutral. My skin is a very light neutral, and I have very pale, redheaded Scots skin. I don't like this for two reasons:

1.) It's in a color that will make very pale folks look sick. It made my eyes look red, because it has orange/pink, not orange/copper undertones.

2.) It immediately made my eyes itch. However, I'm the contact dermatitis queen, so your mileage may vary.

(I can and do use Cover Girl Simply Powder foundation as my main daily foundation, and it doesn't irritate my eyes or cause a reaction--some Cover Girl products work even for the easily allergied.)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this ages ago and use it frequently. It's a very nice champagne color with a bit of pink and gold. I use it mainly on the inner corners of my eyes--it's shimmery, but definitely not glittery.

It's worth noting that this is shade looks very different on diff. skin tones. On me (NC35, blue eyes) it's very light in color. Not white, but closer to ivory than to taupe, if that makes sense. My sister who is much more fair than I am and has more pink undertones and hazel eyes wears this and it looks very pink. On my friend who has similar coloring as me but is a shade or two darker, this looks almost like a pinky taupe. It looks gorgeous on all three of us, but very different.

I only use the sponge-tip applicator that came with this to apply it. Using a shadow brush you get almost nothing--no pigment whatsoever, just shimmer. This also performs much better with a primer underneath.

CG packaging is not meant to lure you in. It's not sleek or sophisticated, it doesn't have that heavy feeling that conveys good quality. It's very utilitarian. It holds the eye shadow and the lid stays on, so as far as I'm concerned, the packaging is fine. I've had this for at least 2 years and it's still intact.

The only reason I won't repurchase is that I use this frequently and after 2+ years I'm not even close to hitting the pan. This is a nice shade for three bucks, but it doesn't wow me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I've been using this shade for as long as I can remember for my everyday look and I love it. It lasts so long and it looks so pretty on my skin and highlights my blue eyes well. I use a primer underneath so I don't have an issue with creasing or fallout. I haven't tried other dupes for this and I don't think I ever will, Mink is my go to for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mostly had good luck with CG eyeshadows, with a couple of exceptions. I decided to try Mink recently after hearing such good things about it for so long. It is a soft copper shade with pinkish undertones. When I picked it up it looked familiar and I soon realized I already had an exact dupe for it - Makeup Store Venus. I haven't tried Mac All That Glitters so can't speak to it being a dupe for that, but I feel like there are a lot of similar colors out there. Unfortunately, the pigmentation was lacking on Mink as well. I soon exchanged it. I like most CG eyeshadows that I've tried but wouldn't recommend this unless you can't find a higher quality dupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

Cover Girl shadows always seemed so cheap to me. But after hearing that the shade Mink was an acceptable dupe for MAC's All That Glitters, I decided to purchase it. While I don't regret buying it, I'm sure MAC's is better quality.

Firstly, I had dryness issues with this. It's stiff in the pan and you need to sweep your brush over it several times to get enough color on the brush. However, the shadow goes on smoothly and evenly, and does not fade, wearing reasonably well for 8 hours.

However, after 4 or 5 hours (depending on whether or not you used primer, respectively) you're going to deal with fallout. Nothing horrendous, but noticeable enough to where you have to factor it in.

The packaging also feels cheap and "drugstore" to me, which is not attractive or enticing me to purchase. Also worth noting is that the pan of shadow is longer and rectangular, so if you're into de-potting, this could take up space in your magnetic palette.

(Read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)