November 23, 2014 | 991 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very surprised by this $3 product as I have been disappointed by my drugstore purchases over the past few years. I really am loving this. It has only been a week since Ive been using it but I will update this review if there are changes. I've used all kinds of eyeliners almost daily (gel, pencil, liquid, high and low end) for over 15 years so I would say I am pretty knowledgeable in this area. Many black eyeliners are not a true black on me due to my tanned skintone. I am an NC 40-42..this is definitely the darkest I have used. I haven't experienced noticeable flaking, transferring, or fading. I don't have oily eyelids so keep that in mind. My eyelids are hooded and dry and I usually have issues with eyeliner disappearing at the outer corner or slight transfer.

I would say one of the cons of this product is that it may be difficult to use if you don't have a steady hand. When I first got into makeup, I stayed away from brush type applicators like this bc my hands were so shakey. Felt tip applicators (ie. Physicians Formula booster pen) are so much easier for me but if you are experienced with eyeliners, this shouldn't be hard to use.

FYI, I have used MAC blacktrack, BB Ink, WetnWild, L'oreal creme liner, UD Perversion and Zero, all the various Prestige ones, L'oreal Lineur Intense, Etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by xxnathanwolfexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This isn't the best liquid eyeliner out there, but you get what you pay for. I needed more liquid eyeliner, and for $3, I thought "why not?". I'm not too fond of the brush and the long handle, and the liner itself is pretty liquid-y. It takes a little bit to dry and runs when it comes into contact with water. I recommend Wet n' Wild's liquid eyeliners over this, as it's cheaper, has a better formula, and the brand is cruelty free.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by LilMissDani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Decided to try this to break out of my mundane routine.

My all-time favorite liquid eyeliner is from wet n wild. I have been faithfully using it for the past few years but decided to venture off and see what else is out there (within the same price point).

Overall, I really like this NYC eyeliner. Great quality/color, long lasting and affordable. I just wish the brush handle was shorter so I can control the application better. I'll keep this eyeliner around and use it with a different eyeliner brush, if needed.

Looks like I'll be going back to my old routine... at least I tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

gotta give this stuff 5 stars! i was walking thru target and saw a girl with beautiful eyeliner i asked her what she used she told me this stuff!!! 3 dollars? no way! love it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just picked up this eyeliner because the price was fantastic! $3 for any kind of makeup product is a steal. I usually usr elf liquid eyeliner, also incredibly affordable, but I'm a big fan of NYC so I figured I would give this a try. The first thing I noticed was a length of the wand, its super long and if you aren't well versed in the art of liquid eyeliner, it may be difficult to apply. I've been wearing liquid liner since I was 14, so its not a huge issue for me, but I do have to have a bit more patience with it. The color is amazing, its a nice matte black, and it didn't flake or peel or fade throughout the day which I LOVE. It also has a brush applicator instead of a sponge tip, so you can really choose hoe thick of a line you want, and you don't have to worry about the brush drying out or fraying like a sponge. The only thing I really dislike is that it takes a little longer to dry than other liquid liners but once its dry it stays put and looks great all day! Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by DeeBreeze

So glad i came across this eyeliner. Its affordable, durable, and its a matte black which is uncommon in cheaper liquid liners. The stem is a bit long to work with but for the price i cant complain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This liquid liner has all the qualities of an excellent liquid liner, it is smooth, brush is good, it does not flake...
All good qualities, except it irritates my sensitive eyes quite a bit (makes them water-y, and feel the same way many people do when in the vicinity of chopped onions), and the colour is not quite JET black.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by kjtams

Okay, I LOVE this. I've been having so many problems with liquid liners lately and I'm so glad I stumbled upon this one. The brush tip is great, and I can get the perfect thickness out of my liner. The finish is pretty matte and it stays on forever. The only complaint I have is that the stem is waaay too long. Because of this, I have a harder time with control and more prone to mistakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by bevinc123

I gave the Packaging 5 stars only because the eyeliner is what it is because OF the brush! I see a lot of people say it may be hard to work with if you are a newbie with liquid eyeliner, and they might be right, but I can't really say because I have been using liquid eyeliner since I was in high school. It is a very wet formula which makes it easy to work with and for the price? I don't think I will ever go back to expensive eyeliner! The manager at Ulta was like, "are you wearing that Huggable Benefits eyeliner? I love your eyes!", everyone in the line started staring at me, I was like, um nope! It's NYC $3 eyeliner! LOL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

The formula of this liquid eyeliner is great; solid black color that once dry is very long lasting (if you don't get water on your face). This liquid eyeliner is absolutely brilliant quality for $2.
Now the applicator is a brush tip that is aimed for women that REALLY know what they're doing. It is not fool proof so unless you really get the hang of making a winged liner perfectly from first try this is for you. Drawing a line from scratch with this for me resulted in an uneven, messy look.
I actually prefer felt tip liquid liners or the ones that have the “marker" type packaging.

I have made this NYC product work by creating a perfect wing liner look with a pencil liner and a tiny angled brush first, and THEN drawing over it with this! Hope this helps you!