September 23, 2014 | 2072 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

The formula of this liquid eyeliner is great; solid black color that once dry is very long lasting (if you don't get water on your face). This liquid eyeliner is absolutely brilliant quality for $2.
Now the applicator is a brush tip that is aimed for women that REALLY know what they're doing. It is not fool proof so unless you really get the hang of making a winged liner perfectly from first try this is for you. Drawing a line from scratch with this for me resulted in an uneven, messy look.
I actually prefer felt tip liquid liners or the ones that have the “marker" type packaging.

I have made this NYC product work by creating a perfect wing liner look with a pencil liner and a tiny angled brush first, and THEN drawing over it with this! Hope this helps you!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Halloedangel

Love this cheap product. Been using it for mor than a decade and it has yet to let me down. The brush takes a little practice but once you get used to it you can produce any line you want. The fact that it's Megan Fox's favorite is just more to prove its worth. She could afford more and still buys this because it's great. Give it a try. If you don't like it, it was cheap enough to toss.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is honestly a really wonderful product. It is a deep black, with an applicator that can create thin and thick lines. It is a brush, so it may be difficult for beginners, but I find that, with some practice, it is much better to use than a felt tip because it doesn't dry out as quickly. The typical felt pens seem easier to use, but they all dry out in the long run, or the tip frays. This is a brush in a pot, so the longevity of the product is much better, as you manually dip it into the ink and apply.
The only negative is that they do not have a waterproof version. It is smudge-proof and long-wearing, but if you get caught in the rain you might want to shield your eyes.
I got this in the color Black, not Pearlized Black, so it is matte. It is around $4, depending on tax.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by vellabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started out with this liquid liner when I decided to first start with makeup. The brush was a little difficult to use at first, but I quickly grew accustomed to it. I thought it was extremely good for the price (I purchased it at $2). It created a bold black line and it did not turn greyish through out the day. The texture was not too liquidy or too thick. It dried quickly and stayed on my eyes. When I ran out of the first tube, I decided to try some other liquid liners, but none of them had enough pigmentation compared to this one. One issue however is when I first used it. I got a slight rash on my eyelid, but as I used the eyeliner more on a daily basis, the rashes never appeared again. Overall, this is my favorite drugstore eyeliner and I always go back to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by xmakeuphoarderx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG ALERT!!! I prefer my eyeliner to be thin, with SUPER sharp wings. This gives me that. I prefer using this over felt tip eyeliners, and I actually find this brush easier to manipulate than felt tips, which is opposite of some. This eyeliner is very black, very matte, lasts all day, easy to remove, and it's just my perfect match. Plus, you can't beat the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by lounamoon

Maybe mine is faulty, but this eyeliner is way too watery which makes it very difficult to apply. The colour doesn't come out very strong either, I gave up with it after first use. You get what you pay for with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice brush, smooth very black lines, dries quickly, and it's dirt cheap. It doesn't last all day but it's a good for a night out. Sells out fast so I pick it up when I see it on the shelf.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by mooncosmicpower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this eyeliner because people on Youtube constantly recommend it. I am usually more of a gel eyeliner kind of person because I am more comfortable with using brushes to make my wings, so I was slightly discouraged about the applicator. However, upon using it, I found it really easy to control since the tip is very thin and small, so you can start very thin and build the line to your liking. The color is very black, so you only have to apply a layer or two to get a dark black. This eyeliner also dries matte which I like a lot, because shiny eyeliners in my experience always end up sticking to my crease over the course of the day regardless of whether I use a primer or not. The price is also amazing, only 3 dollars, and the quality is lovely. I will definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jsbun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly a drug store liquid liner actually stays onto my oily Asian Eyelids. I've tried a whole variety of liquid liners Lancome, Cover Girl, Maybelline, Bodyshop, ELF, etc. But the New York Color one doesn't fade, it stays on all day, it doesn't flake and it's easy to apply.

The application is like a paint brush... It some times can get a little gloopy but you can wipe the extra product back into the tube. When I do first apply it though... I have to wait for it to dry a bit, so it does take a bit of time to dry but not too long. I just have to make sure it doesn't touch my upper eyelid and leave a black line there, lol.

Right now, I have the "pearlized black" ... I was gonna say the only downside is that it has shimmer in it but I had no idea they had a plain black one so I'm definitely going to pick that one up once I'm all out of this one!

This is probably going to be my forever go to liquid liner. It's less than $4 and it's definitely worth it!! Hopefully they come out with a waterproof formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Never ever would have I thought my holy grail eyeliner would be less then four bucks! The first time I bought it was about one or two dollars and I was trying new stuff and I fell in love! I'm very experienced in liner, (started at age eleven and started wings at 13) so my hand is very steady. Some people say it is watery, which isn't due but I find that to be a great thing! That way it applies faster and evenly! This brush is amazinggg for wingedbeyeliner too! I don't know about you but winged eyeliner always makes me feel glam and made up and its easy to try small winged, angled wings, thick or thin wings because of the amazing brush! On a daily basis I use this only for a thick line no wing and I feel much better about myself. It dries in maybe 15 seconds in which I usually add more inner corner highlight or powder my face. Then I continue with mascara and find no problem with it flaking or coming off. Not to mention this stuff lasts! Sometimes I'll wipe my eye or yawn and my eyeliner will not move. It lasts for up to maybe nine hours before some of it starts to rub off. I cannot tell you how great this is at winged eyeliner, it is such a great buy.

Its maybe 2-4 dollars, I buy mine at Target. Will repurchase when I run out no doubt! The brush isn't flimsy either! Maybe y'all got one defective but its important to have a steady hand and you will get the blackest darkest most amazing eyeliner ever. This isn't sponsored haha, I just am obsessed. Whenever I do winged liner my friends always ALWAYS remark about how perfect the wings look, how crisp they look and how dark they are and are in awe how it only took me less then five minutes to complete it 👌😌 one of my essentials for makeup. A bottle lasts you way well over a year which is mind blowing. 5\5, would recommend, amazing quality for a shocking price 💯💯💯

Sorry for some errors in typing, I'm on my phone and autocorrect and being annoying!!