October 22, 2014 | 1335 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by bevinc123

I gave the Packaging 5 stars only because the eyeliner is what it is because OF the brush! I see a lot of people say it may be hard to work with if you are a newbie with liquid eyeliner, and they might be right, but I can't really say because I have been using liquid eyeliner since I was in high school. It is a very wet formula which makes it easy to work with and for the price? I don't think I will ever go back to expensive eyeliner! The manager at Ulta was like, "are you wearing that Huggable Benefits eyeliner? I love your eyes!", everyone in the line started staring at me, I was like, um nope! It's NYC $3 eyeliner! LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Andie97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This performs well for the price, but I honestly prefer WnW's Liquid Liner (not the H20 one), to this, only because the brush is smaller on that one and easier to work with. I find the formula of the two quite similar, meaning they both have a good consistency, and lasting power once dry. The black, is very black, and this doens't irritate/burn my eyes if I accidentally get some in it. I just find the longer brush is harder to work with, and it ends up getting product on my lashes, ans so then when I blink I get smudges which is annoying. I would get this again however, if WnW's was not available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

The formula of this liquid eyeliner is great; solid black color that once dry is very long lasting (if you don't get water on your face). This liquid eyeliner is absolutely brilliant quality for $2.
Now the applicator is a brush tip that is aimed for women that REALLY know what they're doing. It is not fool proof so unless you really get the hang of making a winged liner perfectly from first try this is for you. Drawing a line from scratch with this for me resulted in an uneven, messy look.
I actually prefer felt tip liquid liners or the ones that have the “marker" type packaging.

I have made this NYC product work by creating a perfect wing liner look with a pencil liner and a tiny angled brush first, and THEN drawing over it with this! Hope this helps you!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Halloedangel

Love this cheap product. Been using it for mor than a decade and it has yet to let me down. The brush takes a little practice but once you get used to it you can produce any line you want. The fact that it's Megan Fox's favorite is just more to prove its worth. She could afford more and still buys this because it's great. Give it a try. If you don't like it, it was cheap enough to toss.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is honestly a really wonderful product. It is a deep black, with an applicator that can create thin and thick lines. It is a brush, so it may be difficult for beginners, but I find that, with some practice, it is much better to use than a felt tip because it doesn't dry out as quickly. The typical felt pens seem easier to use, but they all dry out in the long run, or the tip frays. This is a brush in a pot, so the longevity of the product is much better, as you manually dip it into the ink and apply.
The only negative is that they do not have a waterproof version. It is smudge-proof and long-wearing, but if you get caught in the rain you might want to shield your eyes.
I got this in the color Black, not Pearlized Black, so it is matte. It is around $4, depending on tax.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by vellabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started out with this liquid liner when I decided to first start with makeup. The brush was a little difficult to use at first, but I quickly grew accustomed to it. I thought it was extremely good for the price (I purchased it at $2). It created a bold black line and it did not turn greyish through out the day. The texture was not too liquidy or too thick. It dried quickly and stayed on my eyes. When I ran out of the first tube, I decided to try some other liquid liners, but none of them had enough pigmentation compared to this one. One issue however is when I first used it. I got a slight rash on my eyelid, but as I used the eyeliner more on a daily basis, the rashes never appeared again. Overall, this is my favorite drugstore eyeliner and I always go back to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by xmakeuphoarderx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG ALERT!!! I prefer my eyeliner to be thin, with SUPER sharp wings. This gives me that. I prefer using this over felt tip eyeliners, and I actually find this brush easier to manipulate than felt tips, which is opposite of some. This eyeliner is very black, very matte, lasts all day, easy to remove, and it's just my perfect match. Plus, you can't beat the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by lounamoon

Maybe mine is faulty, but this eyeliner is way too watery which makes it very difficult to apply. The colour doesn't come out very strong either, I gave up with it after first use. You get what you pay for with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice brush, smooth very black lines, dries quickly, and it's dirt cheap. It doesn't last all day but it's a good for a night out. Sells out fast so I pick it up when I see it on the shelf.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by mooncosmicpower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this eyeliner because people on Youtube constantly recommend it. I am usually more of a gel eyeliner kind of person because I am more comfortable with using brushes to make my wings, so I was slightly discouraged about the applicator. However, upon using it, I found it really easy to control since the tip is very thin and small, so you can start very thin and build the line to your liking. The color is very black, so you only have to apply a layer or two to get a dark black. This eyeliner also dries matte which I like a lot, because shiny eyeliners in my experience always end up sticking to my crease over the course of the day regardless of whether I use a primer or not. The price is also amazing, only 3 dollars, and the quality is lovely. I will definitely be purchasing this again.