September 22, 2014 | 1882 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Persagel 10

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ank9182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily acne prone skin and have been battling acne for quite some time now. I had heard about this product from a friend and decided to give it a try. I had a lot of pimples on my cheeks and so that was where i was using it primarily. I wasn't applying a lot, just a small amount on any blemishes i had. After about 3-4 days i got what i guess you could call a chemical burn all over my cheeks. it was red, itchy, flaky and almost painful. I have never really had "sensitive" skin but using this product really made me second guess that. I guess it's just one of those products that works for some but not for others. I do know people that use it and think it's amazing so I would recommend it. It's always worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Sonisha

I have one word. Amazed! I have been using it for only one day but it's made a big difference already. I have tried all kinds of acne treatment even proactive and it was extremely harsh on my skin. My face was burning, peeling like I had a bad sunburn and it bled in certain places! I was shopping yesterday and came across it. I was extremely skeptical but because I just had a huge acne flare up I just went ahead and spent the money. It is pricey, paid $6.25 for my small tube but well worth it. I got it home and washed my face with the clean and clear deep action face wash. I patted my face dry and applied the persagel next. It comes out a white cream and has no smell. I was careful to not get it on my hair or clothing (as per directions) and applied a moderate layer. It instantly soaks into the skin. It does dry out the skin very quickly but I have oily skin so that wasn't a big deal for me. I applied it to the worst areas first. After a couple hours later I looked in the mirror and most of the huge red pimples had dried out. My skin looked so much better. I then applied another layer after washing my face. I am currently using it twice once in the morning and once at night. My skin is super smooth and the pimples have really reduced and size and are no longer red. I am going to buy a moisturizer though because I don't want my face to look too dry. I do notice that right after applying persagel my face kinda feels stiff but goes away less than seconds later. Great stuff overall I have no complaints so far. I'm most certainty going to write another review in about a week or so.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Sassymedusa

Holy Chemical Burns Batman! I was using prescription topicals and since this was so highly rated by so many resources I decided to try it cut with moisturizer when my prescriptions ran out. Bad idea. I guess since I was going from 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (with tretinoin) I should have started slower but I didn't and now I have a huge red painful flaking patch on my cheek.

If you are used to benzoyl peroxide or have tough skin this probably would be fine for you. I have discontinued use and am throwing mine away.

Texture was good- so there's a positive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best for treating pimples at night. Got my husband hooked on it, too. The only problem is that when the creme is running out, it's impossible to get the rest of it out of the tube, and I know there is more in there. Wish it was in more of a toothpaste tube with a long applicator for precision!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by MysteriousMagicalMUAer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 3 brands of 10% BP. This one was by far the most drying, the Target brands dupe of persa gel 10 works just as effective w/less dryness. Another BP I've tried is ''Clearzit'' 10% BP, this one is only $1 but works just as well as the C&C & Target brand & is LESS drying than them BOTH! I found it at the dollar store BTW.

If you have acne/clogged pores I definitely recommend you try BP, I apply it OVER my moisturizer @night & my cystic acne is gone, my skin is smooth & nearly poreless looking, I have before/after pics in my profile if you're interested. BP saved my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

Wow! This stuff works! I usually get deep cystic pimples. Previous to this I used mario badescu drying cream which worked awesome, but smelled so bad I had to find a just as good alternative. This is it!!!! I can put it on a deep nasty pimple and it clears up overnight! I only use this at night and apply only to pimples, not a thin layer over my whole face. I also use the clean and clear dual moisturizer mixed with some cerave pm lotion (the dual moisturizer is too drying for my skin). The combo of all three products is great for my dry acne prone skin, but definitely at least try this gel!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by BeeMyFrond

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product saved my skin. I had surface & cystic acne all over my face & nothing got rid of it till I tried this 10% BP. I apply it OVER my moisturizer so it doesn't dry my skin too much but still works effectively. I use the Target brand 10% BP & it's just as good as the name brand. If you have acne, try this!

Keep in mind, when I first started using BP my skin became red/flaky, however, it no longer affects me in that way, just occasional flaky/dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by KatieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is part of my HG skin routine. You can read my whole story and regimen on the review of Olay Complete SPF 15 lotion for background. I've had bad cystic/nodular acne for 10 years with a few years of clear skin from antibiotics. This stuff has definitely been part of the reason my skin has finally cleared. I apply it in a thin layer every other night under my olay face lotion and my skin is just beautiful! I do not notice that my skin is overly dry or overly oily the next day. I have been doing this regimen for several months. No scent, it's white but does blend in. I have tried the neutrogena BP, but I prefer this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Hesteria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the #1 product that cleared my acne. I had cystic acne & surface zits/clogs. I used this 10% BP as well as Targets store brand & they were both equally effective. I use them over my moisturizer, not under, I experienced less dryness/redness this way. My skin did look a little snake like for a while but now its smooth with only a few breakouts here & there (usually a result of not using my BP!) Definitely a staple in my skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a miracle in a tube and I say that to sum up this review. I don't get acne like I did in high school. At almost 23, I am blessed enough to just deal with the hormonal acne and spot-acne during my monthly, so this stuff is the end-all, be-all HG treatment I will repurchase until menopause (assuming that's when things clear up for good)!

It's nothing fancy, a quick squeeze tube w/ a strengthy 10% peroxide paste. I throw this on in patches (as that's how my acne flares up) when needed. Granted, it's never a bad breakout but in small clusters, it's noticeable. After washing completely, exfoliating, and moisturizing lightly, this stuff can be dotted on and left overnight and in the morning, anything I had or would have had spring up has flattened out, gotten less red, and it generally mostly gone. I'll put this stuff on beginning acne, pimples that have come to a head, cystic zits (the worst!), and irritated patches and it just simply does the trick.

It can be a bit drying but I find dryness to be much more easily dealt with than zits or irritated patches. It does make the skin a bit more sensistive to things like sun or just general "wear and tear" - as odd as that sounds - but if you just use it when you need it, sparingly, and only in spots where it is needed, it's a total charm. I'll always have this. Also - quick tip - these squeeze tubes are rarely as empty as they seem. Cut the sucker open and de-pot and blot on with a cotton swap to get more for your money. (This stuff is generally inexpensive anyways, around $5 for a tube, and you can often find the generic and it's just as good.)