Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (Acne Medication) Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water

I feel bittersweet about this product. I used it on my chin since I had a small pimple there that I wanted to get rid of. I ended up breaking out with more pimples in that area. Refusing to give up on it I decided to use it on my body instead. I have acne on my back and shoulders, so I decided to test in that area.
First I took a shower and once I got out I used an exfoliating pad with acne medication (I don't recall the name of the product at the moment) on my clean shoulders and once it dried I applied the persa gel on top and went about my day. By the next day the bumps had decreased in size and redness considerably. So while it doesn't work for my face it worked incredibly well on my body.
I wont repurchase tho because I wanna look for something that works for my face as well.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for the past 2 weeks and I'm already seeing a difference! My main struggle is with acne scars! I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks and I've tried a lot of things and it hasn't seemed to help them fade away. Within a few days of using the persa gel, I noticed how quickly they started to fade away! They aren't completely gone, but I've noticed a big difference in how they used to look! I have noticed in my experience with active breakouts, the persa gel doesn't magically make them go away overnight, but I have noticed that it doesn't let the breakout get worse than it already is and it takes a shorter amount of time to go away. You do have to continuously apply it (I apply it before bed every night and wash it off in the morning) and it'll do wonders for your skin! I would recommend using this after washing your face and putting on a moisturizer because it can dry out your skin if you don't apply the moisturizer underneath it!
I got this for $4.99 and I'm already pleased with how amazing it works with fading my acne scars! I was prescribed clindamycin phosphate topical gel from my dermatologist which was apparently suppose to be really beneficial with acne and acne scarring. I tried it for almost 2 months and saw little to no improvement, and that stuff is not cheap! I tried the pursa gel and within 2-3 days I was already seeing a lot of improvement and it was only $5! I couldn't be more happy with it, and I'm ecstatic that I've finally found something that's actually working, and that is super affordable and available at most drug stores!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 3rd? 4th tube, but I've decided to discontinue since Clean and Clear TESTS ON ANIMALS.

I knew that when purchasing, but was honestly too lazy to avoid all these big companies that test on animals. Everyone in the industry does it, thus it was ok, right? But there's no scientific value to be gained from these tests, so... yea.

I will say that it works; that's why I re-purchased it so often. High ratings among Ulta, Amazon, and Sephora benzoyl products. But so does toothpaste. And toothpaste is much cheaper. Just dab some on the spot for 15 min, and it works just as well.

If you're looking for an acne solution, be informed: benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria. Which forms red, inflamed cystic acne. Salicylic acid promotes exfoliation/clears oil from pores. Which means getting rid white/blackheads. An effective regimen would combine both.

When I was breaking out bad due to wrong cosmetic uses (esp during my college time) I used this at least 10 tubes. I like that this really shrinks my acne overnight yet this is so harsh that it leaves the surrounding skin red. Yet this is so effective unlike Neutrogena one so if I ever break out major, I would come back to this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Works good.
Helps blemishes go away more quickly and when used regularly or every other night as a thin layer in acne prone areas it really helps prevent blemishes.
Start slowly using every couple days, then only once a day to allow skin to adjust to the strength.
Skin may peel when first starting BP but this is a good thing as it is exfoliating your skin. If it is bothersome use everyother day and slowly build up or use a moisturizer after.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used this for about 6 months off and on with varying success. It does work to prevent pimples, and by pimples I mean swollen, red, "active" acne -- it works REALLY WELL. However, you have to be consistent in using it over a period of weeks to see those results. But (and it's a huge but) over the long term this will dry the hell out of your skin. I stopped getting pimples but got a massive rash of black and whiteheads in their place everywhere I put the cream (upper back and chest) even places where I'd normally be clear. Not fun. I've stopped using this cream altogether now because I prefer the small breakouts I used to get to this. If I were the type of person with a lot of pimples and cystic acne I might decide blackheads were worth it, but I'm normally mostly clear with one or two persistent spots. One more thing, it will bleach everything you own, especially off-color shirts that were vat dyed. Solution dyed (usually polyester) fabrics will be okay but all your SO's t-shirts will be ruined.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This stuff means business. I dab it on as a spot treatment and it significantly reduces the size of breakouts within a couple hours. I only apply at night and would not use under makeup unless it was urgent.
The only problem is that I tend to overdo it often in an effort to get rid of pimples as soon as possible and it leaves dry patches on my skin for days. I'd rather have dry skin than breakouts, though. Also, it doesn't work on those hard, painful zits beneath the skin (cystic acne?)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

it didn't work for me, which it's not unusual since my skin never works with anything...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this stuff for 15 years. In my 20s, I would slather this on every night and my skin was perfect. Yes, I have very tough skin! In my 30s, I noticed using it nightly was a little harsh. Then I went off birth control and all hell broke loose. Nothing helped. Anyway, it took a year and getting pregnant to get that under control. Now when I have a flare up, this is once again the only thing that helps. The acne.org BP does not work as well for me as this does. If I want to clear some pimples by morning, I need a thick layer of this. Yes it is drying. But I have to abuse my face with this and clear it up before I can go back to kinder gentler methods or else I just end up in a bad cycle of more and more zits. I would bring this stuff to a desert island.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is pretty great. I wasn't a big BP fan since I tried Kate Somerville's Anti Bac Clearing lotion and pretty much hated it. It could be that I used too much, or maybe I was experimenting with retinol at the same time, but it made layers of skin dry and peel off almost like a wart remover, and leave marks. I also can't use a lot of common ingredients but didn't know that back then, so I was having constant breakouts, and I pick at them. Since I stopped using those ingredients, my skin cleared up a little, but I also used La Roche Posay Effaclar on spots and that helps a lot and is very gentle.

But lately I'm either under more stress or picking more just because, or possibly I can't use tea tree or jojoba or something else I'm using as liberally as I'm using it, and I'm breaking out and picking a lot more again. So when that happens, I add this to my routine (really rarely! because it is strong!) for just a few days. I tried it at my uncle's house, or I probably never would have never tried it given how scared I was of strong BP. And it actually doesn't have any of the ingredients that break me out, that I know of. But just a little bit helps stop my popped pimples from reinfecting. I've never really had luck getting pimples to go down unpopped, but I also put a little on forming bumps and whiteheads in the hope that it will help that a little as well.

When I do use this, it's at night. I do notice the whiteness and try to kind of wipe the edges so I'm not over drying the area. I also can't really imagine using this under makeup. I usually work super early in the morning so will wash my face after work and use this then as well as at night. But I can't use it too many days in a row on the same spot. I also have to remember to be patient and not over do it, but this definitely helps. It's another one of those products that isn't a miracle cure but it does help make life just a little bit easier. And it lasts a long time so it's a good value, but Walmarts version is similar and even cheaper.