November 28, 2014 | 1495 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Persa-gel 10

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Sue90114

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried a lot of products in the past and frankly did absolutely nothing for my acne, and this was one product I could add to that list. I tried it for a while and did not really notice much of a real difference I could be happy with, so least to say it was disappointing. Just make sure you use a bit of caution before racing to buy, but luckily I came across a product biocorrex that I'm using and it has cleaned up my skin after a few weeks! it's nice to know there are things out there that actually work!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cj917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on the reviews here on MUA. Unfortunately, this did not live up to the hype. I really wanted to like this product because benzoyl peroxide has worked wonders for my skin. All this does is leave a white ring around my pimples until I rinse it off with water the next morning. Absolutely HORRIBLE! Use the money and get tea tree oil instead, much better spot treatment (make sure to dilute it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AphroditeStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been dealing with acne since late elementary school (I went through puberty a lot quicker than others, so I was picked on for being the only kid with acne) but it got worse through middle school, and now in 8th grade I say it was at it's worse. It was barely on my forehead, but all over my lower cheeks, and chin. But recently, my grandmother bought me this product and it cleared my acne up quickly! I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now, and I barely, if any have acne. I still have a little scarring from previous breakouts but that's nothing my makeup can't cover up. At first, it caused a little itching for me then went away after my skin adapted to it. It really drys your skin out, causing your skin to get flaky. So I use St. Ives Apricot exfoliate to fix that. But other than that, it's really worth it, and cheap too. I recommend this product to everyone struggled with acne and I would get this product again. ☺

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetnothingxo

I was excited to purchase this product after reading the reviews. I just started getting adult acne a couple of years ago and have been struggling when the outbreaks appear. They mainly appear my lower cheeks and I experience some redness. It's not anything serious, maybe a few on each side of my face, but I wanted it gone. I picked this stuff up at walgreens on sale for $4 on a Sunday and put a thin layer on at night, pulling my hair back just to make sure it didn't bleach anything. I didn't really see any results, so I tried a thin layer in the morning and at night for the next few days. Well, it's a week later and the area where my pimples were are now so much worse- it's super red and blotchy and new pimples have emerged that are painful. I'm definitely discontinuing the use of this product to see if it gets better, but it was such a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am loving this product! The best there can be, in order to fight a blemish, even cystic acne!
It did help me with few bumps - next morning they were gone! Thats amazing!
I am using it on forming blemish (only at night, because it is white and rubs off under any other products, creams or foundations) in a very thin layer and next day my blemish is either gone or much, much smaller! The only problem, it can dry out skin, if used too much and often, and it may leave a red mark if you are using it right after or before shower! :)
($5.50 at Walmart).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ank9182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily acne prone skin and have been battling acne for quite some time now. I had heard about this product from a friend and decided to give it a try. I had a lot of pimples on my cheeks and so that was where i was using it primarily. I wasn't applying a lot, just a small amount on any blemishes i had. After about 3-4 days i got what i guess you could call a chemical burn all over my cheeks. it was red, itchy, flaky and almost painful. I have never really had "sensitive" skin but using this product really made me second guess that. I guess it's just one of those products that works for some but not for others. I do know people that use it and think it's amazing so I would recommend it. It's always worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Sonisha

I have one word. Amazed! I have been using it for only one day but it's made a big difference already. I have tried all kinds of acne treatment even proactive and it was extremely harsh on my skin. My face was burning, peeling like I had a bad sunburn and it bled in certain places! I was shopping yesterday and came across it. I was extremely skeptical but because I just had a huge acne flare up I just went ahead and spent the money. It is pricey, paid $6.25 for my small tube but well worth it. I got it home and washed my face with the clean and clear deep action face wash. I patted my face dry and applied the persagel next. It comes out a white cream and has no smell. I was careful to not get it on my hair or clothing (as per directions) and applied a moderate layer. It instantly soaks into the skin. It does dry out the skin very quickly but I have oily skin so that wasn't a big deal for me. I applied it to the worst areas first. After a couple hours later I looked in the mirror and most of the huge red pimples had dried out. My skin looked so much better. I then applied another layer after washing my face. I am currently using it twice once in the morning and once at night. My skin is super smooth and the pimples have really reduced and size and are no longer red. I am going to buy a moisturizer though because I don't want my face to look too dry. I do notice that right after applying persagel my face kinda feels stiff but goes away less than seconds later. Great stuff overall I have no complaints so far. I'm most certainty going to write another review in about a week or so.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Sassymedusa

Holy Chemical Burns Batman! I was using prescription topicals and since this was so highly rated by so many resources I decided to try it cut with moisturizer when my prescriptions ran out. Bad idea. I guess since I was going from 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (with tretinoin) I should have started slower but I didn't and now I have a huge red painful flaking patch on my cheek.

If you are used to benzoyl peroxide or have tough skin this probably would be fine for you. I have discontinued use and am throwing mine away.

Texture was good- so there's a positive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best for treating pimples at night. Got my husband hooked on it, too. The only problem is that when the creme is running out, it's impossible to get the rest of it out of the tube, and I know there is more in there. Wish it was in more of a toothpaste tube with a long applicator for precision!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by MysteriousMagicalMUAer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 3 brands of 10% BP. This one was by far the most drying, the Target brands dupe of persa gel 10 works just as effective w/less dryness. Another BP I've tried is ''Clearzit'' 10% BP, this one is only $1 but works just as well as the C&C & Target brand & is LESS drying than them BOTH! I found it at the dollar store BTW.

If you have acne/clogged pores I definitely recommend you try BP, I apply it OVER my moisturizer @night & my cystic acne is gone, my skin is smooth & nearly poreless looking, I have before/after pics in my profile if you're interested. BP saved my face!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No