Lancome Le Crayon Kohl Gris Noir

on 2/16/2009 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Im reviewing for the Black colour. Being particular about the intensity of black liners, this fall short in 'richness'. It does a fairly decent job lining eyes with ease and minimal smudges. But I noticed that after awhile of not using this eyeliner, it kind of harden up so i had to resharpen it to get the back its durability. And it doesn't last, fading to a dark grey shade by late afternoon. So far, intense black I found in Bourjois 2 blanco-noir dual ended pencil. The noir is a total winner.

on 4/3/2008 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm surprised this has gotten mediocre reviews. I love some MAC pencils too, but like a previous reviewer said, Ebay is the ticket if you don't want to pay full price; that's where I got my last two Lancome kohl pencils. Even if you do pay full price, the pencil will last you YEARS, and I'm not kidding. The formula is exceptionally smooth, no tugging at all, and it's very easy for me to use this on the waterline and for getting thin lines on the upper lid to my pupil. I don't have any lasting power problems with this, and I have oily lids. The gray is a darker gray-blue steely graphite color. Love it. It's a kohl so it's designed to be smudged a little, it won't behave like a gel liner.

I also will probably never repurchase this because it will last me years, even with regular sharpening. It's a nice gray shade that's an interesting alternative to my regular black or brown. However, I found the lasting power to be less than stellar. It applies fine, but and hour or two later it starts fading and getting smeary. Not worth it for this price.

I won't repurchase simply because this will last me at least another couple decades or so. I've used this a couple dozen times already, and still haven't had to sharpen it. That, and it's ridiculously long (like 7-8 inches or something). When I feel like doing a thick liner, I use this since black gives me too much of an Egyptiany look. It will crease and slightly smudge almost immediately, but that could be from 1) Asian eyelids 2) really oily skin 3) not using any sort of primer/base/sealer. Lasts reasonably well on my waterline, too. I'm hoping to find something better, but for now, I'll stick with this.

on 2/24/2003 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I would suggest purchasing these on ebay, which I wish I had known before I bought mine. ;-) There are some average colors and there are some pretty colors, but they are rather high priced for a pencil and are always listed on ebay for a mere fraction of retail.

Having said that, Gris Noir is a nice dark grey, however I do prefer the Mac Kohl Phone Number to this one. It is nearly five dollars less and it has a beautiful shimmering aspect that keeps it from being a flat liner.