Jo Malone Orange Blossom

3.9

on 4/30/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very pretty and fresh. My friend wears this and it always smells lovely on her. I may purchase it myself; the only thing holding me back is that although I love the initial orange blossom notes, I am not as thrilled with the lilac notes that emerge in the dry down. It smells truly beautiful when first sprayed, and I wish it would keep those top notes, but tends to get a bit powdery in the dry down.

on 4/4/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Absolutely love this scent. Long lasting and fresh all day long. I wear it alone or layer with other Jo Malone scents. Well worth every cent.

on 3/27/2015 7:00:00 PM

I didnt like the smell i didnt think it was special. But when i put this scent on me i felt so happy and very confident and very pretty and very girly not sure to do with the scent or one of those days feeling. But I havent felt like that for along time it was only a sample i used and lasted only 2 days wonder if i should buy the full bottle this scent which i didnt like the scent but loved the feeling that may did for me. So it is a question i may will try the samples again before invest my money to on big bottle.

on 4/7/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this fragrance. However, it has absolutely NO staying power! I realize it's a cologne -- I questioned the sales rep. at Nordstrom's about this. Her response was that it was very long lasting. I can spray this ridiculously expense fragrance and in 20 minutes I smell nothing! I might try layering a little petroleum jelly first and see if that give it more oomph.

on 4/7/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As I kid I was convinced that nothing smells better than my grandparents garden in the whole wide world. Well, I still am. It was full of orange, lemon and mandarin trees along with a few jasmine plants. When in full bloom it was heavenly; this garden might not exist any more but I'll never forget the way it smelled.

Orange, lemon and jasmine blossoms are my mother's favorite scents.
And her mother's favorite scents.
There is no surprise that they hold value to me as well but had never thought about finding a perfume that smells like that; I considered capturing that particular elusive scent impossible. Especially after noticing that most orange blossom fragrances are too warm or honeyed and lacking that breezy radiant transparency.

Enter Jo Malone.

This one took me by surprise. Starts with a burst a clementine that leads to the floral heart; not a true orange blossom but a combo of the flowers mentioned above. What a delight! It stays this way for a couple of hours and dries down to a misty lilac bouquet. Very very lovely.

I would still like a bit more sillage and longevity but it might be unfair to ask such thing from such an ethereal scent. And since it's bottled sunshine and happiness for me there is really no reason to complain.

Definitely a new favorite :)

on 4/1/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this fragrance!

I'm not a floral fragrance kind of woman, partly because most dry down to something I just don't care for. I tend to go for orientals, or tobacco type scents.

That said, I grew up in Miami Florida, and loved beyond words, the smell of orange blossoms! I remember burying my nose in them, there was nothing better.

If you're from Florida, or have spent some time there, you'll know what I mean :) In fact, my mom's wedding bouquet and headpiece included orange blossoms. This was immediately post WWII, and maybe there weren't that many flowers to choose from, but, I like to think she would have chosen them regardless of availability. The church must have smelled amazing :)

Anyway, back to this fragrance. It is linear, pure and simply just orange blossoms. It opens that way, and stays true until it fades away. I get about five hours or so from it. It is the most authentic orange blossom fragrance I've ever tried.

Also, a nice layering combination is to spritz a bit of Avon (yes) Naturals body spray in vanilla. Don't knock this if you've not tried it. It's another gem, the added bonus in that it's so affordable.

on 3/20/2014 10:30:00 PM

It's a perfect combination of honeysuckle and citrus. It's effervescent and delicate and playful all at once. I especially like this as a pick me up scent; my mood always brightens for a few minutes after spritzing this because it's so cheerful. Like most JM fragrances, it's linear. If you like it when you spray it, you'll like it in a few hours, too. And the packaging is gorgeous. Only con is the sillage isn't amazing, but layering takes care of that and for a citrus scent this good, I'll deal.

on 3/15/2014 12:13:00 PM

This smells to me like "floral orange juice". I don't consider it to be a neroli scent, it's too juicy for that. Citrus is in it, but it's not a citrus scent. I don't get jasmine at all. Layered with blue agava, it makes ... chocolate orange with a floral twist.

Lasts about four hours, with the first ten minutes being the best part. I spray it in my hair so it lasts longer and I get an unexpected blast every now and then.

It's lovely for summer.

There is a candle which smells v juicy and strong in the jar, though I've not actually burnt it.

on 11/11/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My most favorite fragrance of all time. I am a spicy fragrance girl and this fragrance is so versatile and classy and it's one of a kind. I will wear this fragrance for a very long time.

on 5/8/2013 3:24:00 PM

Very very pleasant scent which smells like a light-hearted and floral sister to the sultrier and louder Fleurs d’Oranger. However, unlike Fleurs d'Oranger which turns soapy on my skin, JM's sheer Orange Blossom preserves its vitality throughout. When it dries on my skin, it reveals a light, watery and lush lilac. Although this note usually warms up too much on my skin, it never becomes heavy or cloying here. Soon jasmin emerges, with a slightly gassy tone adding just a bit of nature and realism to OB. It is slightly indolic - at a good dose for the faint hearted like myself. In fact it's one of the very few fragrances where I can tolerate indoles. All these add enough interest to OB, without making it too challenging. Jo Malone website suggests layering it with Black Vetyver Café but I think it's beautiful on its own, too.

Popular Fragrances