October 24, 2014 | 1640 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - Orange Blossom

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this fragrance. However, it has absolutely NO staying power! I realize it's a cologne -- I questioned the sales rep. at Nordstrom's about this. Her response was that it was very long lasting. I can spray this ridiculously expense fragrance and in 20 minutes I smell nothing! I might try layering a little petroleum jelly first and see if that give it more oomph.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by stls

As I kid I was convinced that nothing smells better than my grandparents garden in the whole wide world. Well, I still am. It was full of orange, lemon and mandarin trees along with a few jasmine plants. When in full bloom it was heavenly; this garden might not exist any more but I'll never forget the way it smelled.

Orange, lemon and jasmine blossoms are my mother's favorite scents.
And her mother's favorite scents.
There is no surprise that they hold value to me as well but had never thought about finding a perfume that smells like that; I considered capturing that particular elusive scent impossible. Especially after noticing that most orange blossom fragrances are too warm or honeyed and lacking that breezy radiant transparency.

Enter Jo Malone.

This one took me by surprise. Starts with a burst a clementine that leads to the floral heart; not a true orange blossom but a combo of the flowers mentioned above. What a delight! It stays this way for a couple of hours and dries down to a misty lilac bouquet. Very very lovely.

I would still like a bit more sillage and longevity but it might be unfair to ask such thing from such an ethereal scent. And since it's bottled sunshine and happiness for me there is really no reason to complain.

Definitely a new favorite :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance!

I'm not a floral fragrance kind of woman, partly because most dry down to something I just don't care for. I tend to go for orientals, or tobacco type scents.

That said, I grew up in Miami Florida, and loved beyond words, the smell of orange blossoms! I remember burying my nose in them, there was nothing better.

If you're from Florida, or have spent some time there, you'll know what I mean :) In fact, my mom's wedding bouquet and headpiece included orange blossoms. This was immediately post WWII, and maybe there weren't that many flowers to choose from, but, I like to think she would have chosen them regardless of availability. The church must have smelled amazing :)

Anyway, back to this fragrance. It is linear, pure and simply just orange blossoms. It opens that way, and stays true until it fades away. I get about five hours or so from it. It is the most authentic orange blossom fragrance I've ever tried.

Also, a nice layering combination is to spritz a bit of Avon (yes) Naturals body spray in vanilla. Don't knock this if you've not tried it. It's another gem, the added bonus in that it's so affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a perfect combination of honeysuckle and citrus. It's effervescent and delicate and playful all at once. I especially like this as a pick me up scent; my mood always brightens for a few minutes after spritzing this because it's so cheerful. Like most JM fragrances, it's linear. If you like it when you spray it, you'll like it in a few hours, too. And the packaging is gorgeous. Only con is the sillage isn't amazing, but layering takes care of that and for a citrus scent this good, I'll deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells to me like "floral orange juice". I don't consider it to be a neroli scent, it's too juicy for that. Citrus is in it, but it's not a citrus scent. I don't get jasmine at all. Layered with blue agava, it makes ... chocolate orange with a floral twist.

Lasts about four hours, with the first ten minutes being the best part. I spray it in my hair so it lasts longer and I get an unexpected blast every now and then.

It's lovely for summer.

There is a candle which smells v juicy and strong in the jar, though I've not actually burnt it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Loubigrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My most favorite fragrance of all time. I am a spicy fragrance girl and this fragrance is so versatile and classy and it's one of a kind. I will wear this fragrance for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Very very pleasant scent which smells like a light-hearted and floral sister to the sultrier and louder Fleurs d’Oranger. However, unlike Fleurs d'Oranger which turns soapy on my skin, JM's sheer Orange Blossom preserves its vitality throughout. When it dries on my skin, it reveals a light, watery and lush lilac. Although this note usually warms up too much on my skin, it never becomes heavy or cloying here. Soon jasmin emerges, with a slightly gassy tone adding just a bit of nature and realism to OB. It is slightly indolic - at a good dose for the faint hearted like myself. In fact it's one of the very few fragrances where I can tolerate indoles. All these add enough interest to OB, without making it too challenging. Jo Malone website suggests layering it with Black Vetyver Café but I think it's beautiful on its own, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only jo malone that lasts an time on my skin. It is an absolute staple for me. It has an indoles which give it an animalic edge and unlike some OB is not too sweet. I took this into hospital and had all the nurses asking about it. Truly lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by sarahpatto

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually went through one and a half bottles of this - loved it for what it was, a simple, fairly long lasting, pretty scent. But then something happened. I started breaking out in an itchy red rash after spraying and I had to stop using it. Would be curious to know what it is in there that I react to. I own and wear a LOT of perfume and this was the first time I had a reaction. Since then i've reacted to Carnal Flower too. Yikes! Maybe a sign to be more judicious in the application!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by nataliestar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would have given this all 5 lippies if it lasted as long as something that costs this much should. LOVE the Orange Blossom/Tangerine/Honeysuckle smell though. Some of the*Orange* smells Ive tried before were too * clemetine* for me. IF this smells of clemetine, it's faint, and the sweetness this has cancels it out. If you want to smell this all day, be prepared to spray about every 2hrs...after 2 hrs you will only catch the lightest scent (maybe). Would def not be smelled by anyone walking by you.....