Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after seeing so many great reviews around. I use this every single day as a lip balm, I've had the same tube for over a year and there's still plenty left. I have never used a better quality lip balm. This is definitely an HG product for me. Will repurchase again and again. You only need the smallest amount to get super smooth lips for several hours. No need to reapply more than once or twice in a day for me.

on 4/21/2015 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

THIS. Totally recommended by Lisa Eldridge in countless of her videos, and I was not disappointed. I take a lot of flights, and never found a cream or moisturiser that was light and hydrating. It was either too thick, or so light it virtually disappeared into nothing in the dry cabin air.

This works in the plane, in air-conditioned areas, on mild sunburns, dry lips, dry cuticles, anywhere on the skin that needs a deep hydration. It is truly amazing.

A cool trick I like to do show people its "magic". Take one of their hands, or dry nail bed, hardened hangnails, apply and lightly massage the cream in, and compare. They usually gasp out of disbelief.

I hope they never discontinue this product. One gripe though is that I realise that there is a whole line of Eight-Hour Cream based products, (body, chapstick, scented, unscented etc), it gets quite confusing, and I am not sure if they work better than the original.

I am not even sure if this page is for the original, as my tube looks completely different from the picture at the top of the page.

on 3/29/2015 8:50:00 AM

Real basic ointment for lips, hands, feet, eyebrows and eyelashes. I've used some on my dry forehead but was worrying incase it got in my hair or melted down my face into my pores. I love the colour. Nice for a dry skin treatment I guess but I have other products that are much less hassle. Not a fan of greasy products unless it has a transdermal effect like with organic coconut oil etc Will take it on holiday because the packaging is handy.

on 3/14/2015 4:58:00 PM

I do believe this deserves to be the classic that they say it is. I've raved about it enough that I can't keep my friend out of it. I have lost count of how many times she has asked, 'can I use your eight hour cream?' I wouldn't call it a cream at all. It has the consistency of a thicker Vaseline. I love the stuff, though. I can find a use for it during any season. It soothes my wintertime scaly legs like a charm. It looks great on my skin in the summer giving a bit of glow. It's great for feet, hands, elbows, lips... All kinds of things. It really is a versatile product. It's a total winner for dry chapped skin, for certain.

I wouldn't slather it all over as it is a bit heavy. It doesn't take but a pea sized amount to cover an entire appendage... Lol! Like a leg or arm. I think it sinks in and loses any stickiness rather quickly. The smell is tolerable to me as I think it fades quickly enough. The original formula has the medicinal smell that many complain about. There is an unscented version which I haven't tried yet but I will.

I'd buy it again. I already have more than once. Though a full tube of this lasts a very long time making it worth every cent! This is one of the few beauty products that I really consider a must have.

on 1/19/2015 6:51:00 PM

I know everybody has owned this. Im not so sure they still using it though...
Rumour has it that this contains cortisone, not sure if its.
Anyway, if you can pass the horrible smell, i would still not recommend this even if the hole worldsvwas rubbing this on everywhere, mainly the lips. It yellows any surface you use it on, it doesnt really do anything else, it tastes plastic and did i mention it yellows you?
Be gone, awful pointless cream, you.

on 1/15/2015 10:16:00 PM

I like this product but I wouldn't really say it's a HG product. It helped clear up patches of dry skin in winter and soothed my stress-induced eczema, however I feel that Lucas' Paw Paw is superior, and at 1/2 the price will remain my handbag staple for chapped lips and random dry patches.

on 1/9/2015 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Despite the hateful smell (I now know this also comes scent free) I love this product. Chapped lips? 8 hour cream. Cracked hands? Hour cream. Brutal stiletto blisters? 8 hour cream! I have a tube permenantly my desk, and I use it several times throughout the day. Also unusually, I used this on my ears after deciding to shrink my ear stretches down to a sensible size ten for my wedding, and it helped them along swimmingly whilst keeping the skin soft and supple and pucker-free. It's a miracle for hangnails too. Love it!

on 1/8/2015 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm not sure whether I really like this enough to repurchase but it is super helpful for dry skin. I have used this product all over my face & didn't see any consequences from doing that, just a more hydrated appearance. The texture was a bit hard to work with while smearing it on my face but it does work better when the temperature is warm.

Smells like rosemary or something along that line, I have used a product that shared similar scents so I am already used to it but every time I use the 8 hour cream, it just makes me wished I remembered what the product I'm comparing it to was called.

Great for patchy, dry or flaky skin.

on 12/26/2014 5:33:00 PM

I wouldn't call this a face treatment at all (so I am not sure why it is in this category) unless you use it for a very dry patch on your face - for instance, after a cold and you have a raw nose or for chapped lips. I also wouldn't call it a cream but more of an ointment. That said it is a really nice moisturizer for cuticles, lips, and elbows. I haven't tried it on my feet but it would be great with socks on over night.

A lot of people are polarized about the scent. I haven't read all the reviews here so this might be something others have said but to me it smells like oregano. I know that sounds weird but that is what I think of when I smell it. It isn't the best scent but not the worst either. A tube lasts a long time because it is concentrated. I read on the Paula's Choice website that Vaseline would do pretty much the same thing as this cream but I disagree. This seems less greasy and has more body than Vaseline. I will continue to buy this because the cost over time makes it worth it to me.

EDIT: I have continued to use this and am really liking it for my hands in the winter. I put a pea-sized amount on my hands and rub it in on my way out the door and then put on my cheap gloves for my morning commute. I work with my hands and they get cracked and bleed and this cream is helping them to stay smoother and softer. Oddly, I am even starting to really enjoy the scent. I upped my rating from 4 to 5 lippies.

on 11/15/2014 9:29:00 PM

I love this cream however at the price I can say If I can't afford it I won't break myself to buy it as other lip balms are pretty good ../ Carmex for one . However as long as the budget allows I would always opt to have one of these in my handbag as its great for lips , dry skin around the nose and cuticles . I also use it on spots as well. I love the smell of it and was most dissapointed once when I picked up the fragrance free version by accident . It's a treat to own one more than a must have but I do rate it !

Popular Treatments (Face)