October 22, 2014 | 913 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by SJ1208

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the fragrance free version. I liked this product for a short while whilst using it. I originally purchased this as lip balm as I have heard my friends preaching about it and wanted an amount that would last me a long time.

I have really dry lips all the time and wanted a great lip conditioner I could apply prior to applying my lipstick. I find I need to reapply this product as it doesn't deliver the hydration long enough, even after i exfoliate my lips.

I also have used it on a dry patch of skin near my nose and found again that although it delivered hydration this was only temporary.

This may work well for others but not so much for me. I have stopped using it after using it for a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know there's a load of newer, cooler multi-purpose products than this, and the smell isn't very appealing for some....but Eight Hour Cream, the 60 year old veteran, beats them all hands down.
If you want to travel light, this product will do the job of a night cream, eye cream, hand cream, cuticle cream, lip balm, emergency skin soother (for rashes, scrapes and extreme dry skin patches), eyelash conditioner, and probably a whole lot of other things besides. I think there are entire web pages dedicated to the various uses of Eight Hour Cream.
Texture wise, it looks like a gold coloured Vaseline but has a more refined feel. A little goes a long way, and although it appears very greasy it absorbs easily and is deeply moisturising.
It's famous as a lip gloss on photographic shoots and it's easy to see why - as well as being super glossy and soothing, it manages to deepen your natural lip colour by a shade or two and is very flattering as well as more moisturising and healing than most lip balms on the market. It will also soften the driest of skin, cuticles and heels, and as a night cream (particularly in cold weather) will guarantee soft bright skin in the morning without making your skin feel greasy or making your pores huge.
I have been using this product for more years than I can remember and would hate to be without it. I just love it - and even like the smell! - but a fragrance-free version has been on the market for a couple of years now.
I haven't found the fragrance irritating at all - in fact, a few years ago this was one o very few products I could tolerate on my skin during some severe seasonal allergies.
If you're half thinking of trying it out - go ahead, you won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm apparently the weird person who loves the smell of this product. It smells comforting to me, like something I would find on my grandmother's nightstand. However, I can totally see why this is an issue for some people.

"Cream" is a bit of a misnomer. It's more of an ointment. I definitely would not put this over my whole face. It's best used as a spot treatment over small areas - on cuticles, wherever you have dry patches, as a lip balm, etc. It was AMAZING when I had a cold and kept my nose from going completely raw. I've recently been employing it for use on the terrible flaky mess that is my feet. I think that the lanolin in this really sets it apart from other ointments, such as Aquaphor. It feels similar in your hand, but the ingredient lists are quite different.

I started using this more recently when I went on some heavy-duty topic acne meds that caused my skin to turn into a cracked, dry desert. This was SO soothing and helped where nothing else would. That alone makes it worth the buy for me.

I like the tube packaging - it feels nice and well-made, and while the product is expensive, you do get quite a lot for your money. One tube lasts me 4-6 months, depending on how much I use it. It's a classic for a reason - would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Peachycactus

This cream is more of a balm like formula than your typical lotion-type cream. I first bought it last year thinking I'd use it as a night cream and then realised it is super sticky. I now use it sparingly as an eye cream and also as a lip balm and I love it. I put it on my boyfriend's dry skin patches and it calms them down.

Pros:
- Very hydrating. This product is one of a handful of products out there that do exactly what they say on the packaging.
- Price. This is relatively cheap for a high-end product that actually works.
- Packaging. I have the tube format and it's nice and hygenic. Not messy at all.

Cons:
- The smell may put you off
- Sticky consistency

I will keep buying this. HG eye/lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by EsposaPerfecta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It smells awful, but, it is a handbag staple for me, I use it for bruises, cuts, burns, insect bites, eczema, my very dry lips, cuticles, after shaving treatment, cold red nosed, sun burns, dermatitis, I keep one on my nightstand and another in my bag, grate when you have kids, it is not a cream it's an ointment.

Huele horrible, pero, es indispensable en mi bolsa, la uso para moretones, cortadas, quemadas, piquetes de insectos, eczema, dermatitis, labios resecos, cutículas, después de afeitar, nariz roja por resfrío, quemadas de sol, tengo una en mi mesa de noche y otra en mi bolsa, ideal cuando tienes niños, no es una crema, es más como un ungüento.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by BellaCheung

I find it a very good product despite the price. It's extremely thick so it's only suitable for small areas of dry skin. I don't mind the smell of it but some may think otherwise. Although it's for the face, it seems more of a multi purpose cream as I apply it on my lips at night and by the next morning, my lips are so soft! It's good for dry patches on elbows too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used Eight Hour Cream for years for super dry spots, and I think it's terrific. It's actually more of an ointment or salve than a cream, and it's been around since the 1930's. It works wonders on dry spots on either your face or body. It also makes a great cuticle treatment and foot cream. Used sparingly, it even works as an eye cream.

Right now I have this in a super cute limited edition retro jar, I ordered from a beauty catalog. Normally it comes in a tube, which is perfect for keeping in your purse. I should warn you that this has a strong medicinal scent. Apparently this comes in a scent free version now, but I would be afraid it wouldn't work the same.

Although this costs about $20.00 dollars a tube, it lasts a long time. Compared to other ointments out there, I just think it's superior and worth the extra money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the updated FRAGRANCE FREE version of this product. I have very fine dry skin. I usually can keep it in check with my creamy cleanser, facial oil and Nivea Creme for any terribly parched areas. However, my eczema has really flared up: around my nose and eyes, on my chin. As mentioned, I love Nivea Creme for such issues but sometimes it's not enough. I tried Aquaphor ointment, and I was even prescribed Another emollient ointment (free from corticosteroids). I got to a point where I struggled to put on makeup due to these patches. Saw this in the store. I had tried a sample of the original long ago. But upon seeing this newer version- free of parabens and fragrance- which listed a few other interesting ingredients, I decided I had to really give it a try. That was 3 days ago. My eczema has cleared up- even my cuticles look great! I put this on my problem areas before my tinted moisturizer and have had such great success. I use it on my lips and my brows. I also put this on after cleansing and moisturizing at night. What a quick improvement. A long lasting and multi-purpose product to use from head to toe.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by ElectricEmma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a new convert to 8 Hour Cream and I must say that I really love this product. The best thing is that a little goes a long way, you can use it wherever you need it and it makes a fabulous lip balm!

I've found it particularly useful on elbows and I also use it overnight on my fingernails and cuticles to keep them moisturised. You can see the effects almost instantly, and it's fantastic value. It is non-greasy, absorbs well and has a neutral lemony fragrance.

I can see this being my go-to product for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought the 6.9 oz version. I like the smell - kind of like lemons but do not think this product is worth the price. I got the Eight Hour® Cream Intensive Moisturizing Body Treatment. It's $25. It applies nicely, however, it takes some time to absorb, so after I apply, I can't touch anything or it will make everything greasy. After is is absorbed - about 15 minutes, my hands will feel dry again.

I've only used this on my hands even though you're allowed to use all over body. I probably would not purchase again 1) it's too pricey 2) saw no improvements with my skin 3) left my skin dry after application.