August 21, 2014 | 1996 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Peachycactus

This cream is more of a balm like formula than your typical lotion-type cream. I first bought it last year thinking I'd use it as a night cream and then realised it is super sticky. I now use it sparingly as an eye cream and also as a lip balm and I love it. I put it on my boyfriend's dry skin patches and it calms them down.

Pros:
- Very hydrating. This product is one of a handful of products out there that do exactly what they say on the packaging.
- Price. This is relatively cheap for a high-end product that actually works.
- Packaging. I have the tube format and it's nice and hygenic. Not messy at all.

Cons:
- The smell may put you off
- Sticky consistency

I will keep buying this. HG eye/lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by EsposaPerfecta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It smells awful, but, it is a handbag staple for me, I use it for bruises, cuts, burns, insect bites, eczema, my very dry lips, cuticles, after shaving treatment, cold red nosed, sun burns, dermatitis, I keep one on my nightstand and another in my bag, grate when you have kids, it is not a cream it's an ointment.

Huele horrible, pero, es indispensable en mi bolsa, la uso para moretones, cortadas, quemadas, piquetes de insectos, eczema, dermatitis, labios resecos, cutículas, después de afeitar, nariz roja por resfrío, quemadas de sol, tengo una en mi mesa de noche y otra en mi bolsa, ideal cuando tienes niños, no es una crema, es más como un ungüento.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by BellaCheung

I find it a very good product despite the price. It's extremely thick so it's only suitable for small areas of dry skin. I don't mind the smell of it but some may think otherwise. Although it's for the face, it seems more of a multi purpose cream as I apply it on my lips at night and by the next morning, my lips are so soft! It's good for dry patches on elbows too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used Eight Hour Cream for years for super dry spots, and I think it's terrific. It's actually more of an ointment or salve than a cream, and it's been around since the 1930's. It works wonders on dry spots on either your face or body. It also makes a great cuticle treatment and foot cream. Used sparingly, it even works as an eye cream.

Right now I have this in a super cute limited edition retro jar, I ordered from a beauty catalog. Normally it comes in a tube, which is perfect for keeping in your purse. I should warn you that this has a strong medicinal scent. Apparently this comes in a scent free version now, but I would be afraid it wouldn't work the same.

Although this costs about $20.00 dollars a tube, it lasts a long time. Compared to other ointments out there, I just think it's superior and worth the extra money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the updated FRAGRANCE FREE version of this product. I have very fine dry skin. I usually can keep it in check with my creamy cleanser, facial oil and Nivea Creme for any terribly parched areas. However, my eczema has really flared up: around my nose and eyes, on my chin. As mentioned, I love Nivea Creme for such issues but sometimes it's not enough. I tried Aquaphor ointment, and I was even prescribed Another emollient ointment (free from corticosteroids). I got to a point where I struggled to put on makeup due to these patches. Saw this in the store. I had tried a sample of the original long ago. But upon seeing this newer version- free of parabens and fragrance- which listed a few other interesting ingredients, I decided I had to really give it a try. That was 3 days ago. My eczema has cleared up- even my cuticles look great! I put this on my problem areas before my tinted moisturizer and have had such great success. I use it on my lips and my brows. I also put this on after cleansing and moisturizing at night. What a quick improvement. A long lasting and multi-purpose product to use from head to toe.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by ElectricEmma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a new convert to 8 Hour Cream and I must say that I really love this product. The best thing is that a little goes a long way, you can use it wherever you need it and it makes a fabulous lip balm!

I've found it particularly useful on elbows and I also use it overnight on my fingernails and cuticles to keep them moisturised. You can see the effects almost instantly, and it's fantastic value. It is non-greasy, absorbs well and has a neutral lemony fragrance.

I can see this being my go-to product for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought the 6.9 oz version. I like the smell - kind of like lemons but do not think this product is worth the price. I got the Eight Hour® Cream Intensive Moisturizing Body Treatment. It's $25. It applies nicely, however, it takes some time to absorb, so after I apply, I can't touch anything or it will make everything greasy. After is is absorbed - about 15 minutes, my hands will feel dry again.

I've only used this on my hands even though you're allowed to use all over body. I probably would not purchase again 1) it's too pricey 2) saw no improvements with my skin 3) left my skin dry after application.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Laurawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Handbag staple! I use it for everything from chapped lips, to dry skin, highlighting cheekbones and shaping eyebrows. Total rescue for pretty much anything! The scent is not ideal but seems to have improved and it's well worth putting up with. I would hate to be without this product. The lip protectant stick and hand cream are also great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by bubbelbad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually bought this for my boyfriend. He had skinproblems ever since he was a little boy. His skin was extremely dry, cracked, red and whatnot. He tried everything: olive oil, vaseline, normal daycream... nothing really worked.

I heard great things about this so I purchased it on ebay for him - where it is MUCH, MUCH cheaper! - and it has done miracles! After just 1 use he noticed that his skin felt moisturized, a lot less red, and actually felt and looked like a normal skin! He actually does like the smell, which is kind of citronella-ish (ya know, that stuff which keeps mosquitos away - maybe a plus as well?) but I know some people really don't like it. However, I heard people get used to it and after some time start to like it, so don't let that hold you back! It does have perfume in it but even though my boyfriend has really, really sensitive skin (he even felt like olive oil stings him) he absolutely had no issues with this whatsoever.

Would I recommend? Heck yes!! If you have an extremely dry skin and nothing helps - try this! You won't regret it. If you'd like to get it cheaper, just check ebay. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Sjg3005

This is a must for the hand bag love this product I use over my blush which gives me a glow.. I would go nowhere without my 8 hour