July 26, 2014 | 892 users online

Mascara - Jane - Hi-Fiber Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara! How have I not written a review for it yet? I'm always raving about it on the mu board. Anyway, this is the only mascara I've actually repurchased, but the cheap 4-bucks-a-pop price tag is nothing to complain about. Plus, Walgreens and other drugstores often have Jane BOGOF sales. I like this mascara so much because it gives me the most defined, voluminous lashes without the clumping 'spider eyes.' The little tube is cute too.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ruby312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall it does what it says. It does thicken lashes due to these little fibers the actual formula has. It somewhat lengthens due to these fibers as well. These fibers are are small and look like fine little hairs. You have to wait to apply more coats until the previous coat dries or else it will look very globby and spider-y. The only problem I have with this mascara is the tube. The wand (the actual stick with the brush at the end) comes out LOADED with mascara, so it can get pretty messy if you're not careful. The end of the brush gets very globby as well when you pull it out of the tube. Its almost as if they forgot that attachment at the top of the mascara tube to remove the excess. I got this on sale at walgreens for about 2 dollars and some change, but I dont think I would get it at regular price. I'm sure I could find a better drugstore mascara that wont be all gloopy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

This mascara is garbage. It didn't do anything for my lashes at all. In fact, it was like it wouldn't even go on my lashes. It was dry and clumpy. It was a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this stuff when I was like, 13, and first started wearing makeup. When [our] Walmart stopped carrying Jane products, I just switched to other brands, but nothing really wow'd me. Then, while browsing Walmart makeup isles while out-of-town, the display of Jane products caught my eye, and I snatched up Jane Hi-Fiber mascara. I lovelovelove the little tube, it's so cute and convenient. The brush it perfect too, even though it's got an odd shape, it manages to reach every lash. The price? Unbeatable. I think I paid less than $3.50. This mascara is the best I've ever tried. Within the first coat, my lashes were lengthened with the perfect amount of volume. Second coat they were long, with a little volume; very natural looking. It'd probably take a while to get mega-lashes from this itty bitty tube, but for girls who are looking for a natural, or even semi-dramatic lash look, this stuff is a great deal. Unfortunately, I think it'd been discontinued because I haven't seen it in stores in months.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by diamondsky07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well I bought this product after reading the reviews and I must say, it was very disappointing. I put it on and it made no difference whatsoever. My eyelashes looked exactly the same and so back to the store it went. It wasnt that soft and a little bit clumpy. I didnt leave it on long enough to see if it would flake, but I would not recommend this product. I have long lashes with a slight curl, and I was looking for a little extra volume and this product did not deliver.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by clamster

No good. Don't waste your money. It has little fiber things which hurt like Crazy if they get in your eyes and it is really clumpy and chunky. The brush has a wierd curve that is annoying. Won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dry. Clumpy. Useless. I think it was recommended in Jane magazine or something. Save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by jaylb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara, but not on its own. I like to use this over a coat of a different mascara. It adds a lot of length this way because the little fibers adhere to your first coat of mascara. This mascara also has the most wonderful smell, it kind of smells like a blooming apple tree to me (weird I know). I have repurchased this several times because it is so cheap!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LexzCW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

The is one of only two fiber mascaras that I've tried, the other one being Imju's Fiberwig. Like Fiberwig, this gave me noticably longer lashes (about 1-2mm) and is hard to layer with other mascaras. Unlike Fiberwig, this has a smell (like ballpoint pen ink) and it has a reasonable amount of volume, so my lashes don't look thin and wispy. Overall this isn't my favorite mascara, but it's a decent fiber mascara. UPDATE: I was hoping that the smell would air out, but it hasn't and it really bothers me. I ended up just having to throw this out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Malsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: 99 cents
Cons" Racoon Eyes