October 26, 2014 | 1359 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Face Treatment Oil - Lotus

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Aug17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It was the only facial oil I ever bought and it turns out I hate the feeling of oil on my skin. It is also uncomfortable to march with oily face in front of husband.
So before putchasing this try to spread olive oil on your face and consider if you like the feeling.

Didn't notice any positive effect on the skin, but nothing bad as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tintiite

Even having combination skin, I have always been a fan of facial treatment oils. So far I was loyal to simple sweet almond oil which didn't reduce my oliness but it made my skin super soft and tight, but I decided to try this as I wanted to bring my facial oil experience to the next level. I also was attracted by the packaging, the bottle with dropper seemed easy to use.
And I wasn't disappointed! It is not a miracle product, but I regard it as a rich night treatment which really helps to tone my skin, my complexion seems brighter since I started to use this. It haven't reduced the oiliness (although in my case it is not my most concern as the oiliness is not so marked), but my skin definitely feels more hydrated and the smell is wonderful. Seems it also has helped a little bit with my rosacea.
The price is alright. I will repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by biancay

Okay so I have oily skin that, over the past few months, has been breaking out in cystic acne across my lower cheeks and jawline. I was told this would regulate the oil on my face and help to alleviate the problem. I was skeptical, but I have to say that since I've been using this product my skin has been totally 100% clear, for going on four weeks now.
It feels moisturised, the colour tone is even, and no acne. I cannot believe it.
I have been using this product in conjunction with Garnier's mattifying cleanser, but other than that I have made no other changes to what I was doing when my skin was bad.
I just use a three drops on my face after I've used my toner. I can see that it is going to last a long time, so despite the upfront cost, it will end up being quite economical.
Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by constanceyc

I love it! it's the ultimate solution to my combination skin... less sebum but much enhanced glowing complexion...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This was a bit of a let down for me especially since all of the good reviews. I bought a bottle of this hoping that it would moisturize my dry skin (cheeks and forehead) while keeping my oily areas (nose, chin) from being over oily.

I found that the smell of this to be overpoweringly strong, not unpleasant but by far the most fragranced oil I have ever used. However, it didn't cause any irritation or breakouts, nor did it make my eyes sting.

I used up a whole bottle of this without any other products applied over the top just to see if this alone would affect my skin. Although my skin was soft after using it, it didn't make any positive difference that I could see. I will stick to less fragranced oils in future and won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yes for now I think I would buy the Clarins Lotus face oil again : ) I'd like to give this oil 3.5 to 4 lippies. I use this in conjunction with Biologique Recherche products at the moment like P50 1970, Masque Vivant, Complexe Iribiol serum and Creme Dermopurifiante. This oil doesn't seem to clash with any of these products thank goodness!

I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin and this oil seems to bring acne under the surface up to the surface for me and the Creme Dermopurifiante from Biologique Recherche that I apply after the Clarins Lotus oil just quickly dries the pimples up and keeps drying them up thoughout the day!

I love the herbally, clean and very natural smell of this oil the most of course : )

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by clasp

i love this! I use it when I travel it's especially good in cold weather countries

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This oil really did make me glow much more so than any other product I have tried as yet. It's suitable to use under makeup as well because it sinks in fast. It caused no breakouts for me, which is always a plus. I recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

I am not new to Clarins skin care. First encounter was easily 10+years ago. After trying tons of skincare, here I am back to Clarins, I am 37 years old, acne proned skin type.

I managed to get 2 ml samples a few times. But never get the actual product. I think I strayed away to other skincare stuff in my stash. Then just last week, there was 20% discount on Clarins, I went ahead, bought this oil, double serum and the tinted sunscreen spf40. The GWP was deluxe size 100 ml toner and cleansing cream, 15ml multi day and night cream and 10 ml of the tinted sunscreen. One thing I love about Clarins, they are quite generous with GWP and samples. With this purchase I no need anything else, maybe just cleansing foam.

I used the lotus oil at night after toner. I find okay only, then I read few reviews and clarins online. Oh, I can just use some toner with 2 drops of oil and using the pressing method. Yesterday I tried, this morning, the effect is WOW...... my acne marks seems lighter, skin looks well rest.

My skin regiment is as follows:-
AM: Yves Rocher sebo purifying cleansing gel - clarins toner - clarins double serum - clarins tinted sunscreen spf 40

PM: Clarins cleansing milk - clarins toner - clarins toner +2 drops of lotus oil.

I believe in less is more, so i didn't use moisturizer, moreover in sunny Singapore, if i used moisturizers, it will clog my skin.

Now I will stick to these 3 star products, btw i just bought clarins AHA toner, clarins whitening serum. The whitening serum i will alternate with the double serum. AHA toner on alternate nights. Was given more whitening range skincare, toner, firming serum and eye cream. I guess it is very good deal to get. Total I spent for 2 trips are S$390, not too bad for luxury skin brand. I guess these skincare can last me easily 6 months. I am willing to spend on treatment items, cleansing stuff and toner, i can use drug store brands or bodyshop.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by caz84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have oily, acne-prone skin and was completely sceptical about putting oil on it, in common with many reviewers below. Yet I am completely delighted with the results.

I've been using this for about 2 months now and the difference in my skin is marked. It didn't, unlike for other reviewers, make my skin break out at any stage.

Putting it on is easy, fast and feels very luxurious. It also smells utterly, utterly divine. I've been using 4 drops in the evening, warming it up in my hands and then pressing gently all over my face.

In the morning, I wake up with soft, hydrated skin - whereas before, when I used my morning skin routine at night time, I used to get really dry patches on waking.

I have noticed an improvement in the quality of my skin (not in terms of red marks) when it comes to smaller pores and a face that stays matte for longer in the daytime. I haven't changed anything else about my skin routine so I'm pretty sure this is thanks to the oil!

2 months in and I've used about 1ml depth of an approximately 2.5inch bottle so reckon it will last me a long time.

Don't be put off by the fact it's an oil and you have oily skin - this is lovely stuff.