Clarins Face Treatment Oil - Lotus

4.2

corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, parfum/fragrance, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, salvia sclarea (clary) oil, nelumbium speciosum flower extract, tocopherol, citronellol, linalool, geraniol, limonene, citral, coumarin, benzyl benzoate

I love this Lotus Oil! It is such a great oil on combination or normla/oily skin. It helps to hydrate and balance the skin, correcting irregularities in the skin texture and behaviour. It smells amazing, and is made of high quality botanical oils. I apply it after washing my face, and i feels a bit intense, it must be left to soak in. It is perfect for overnight wear. I have even had good results wearing it under my makeup during the daytime, even in the summer while pregnant (my skin was drier while pregnant). It leaves the skin dewy and glowing - beautiful!

on 2/4/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

First of all if you're prone to any sensitivity or redness - get a sample first. This is choc-full-up-the-wazoo with fragrance oils.

But for my mediterranean, oil-loving skin (NC35). It's lovely.
I have quite the extensive cleansing routine at night so at the very end, post serums and moisturising, this makes a lovely barrier for all the other goodness i've put on my skin. It also means that the product that is lost to 'the pillow' is mostly this rather than all my other active treatments and serums.

By itself, as a moisturiser, I feel a bit 'meh' about it. But as a final product in a nightly routine under a swathe of other products, I get to enjoy the calming scent quality to the fragrance and I usually wake to supple skin with little to no redness.

I'm not convinced it's the be all and end all some reviews have claimed, I tend to like the Dermalogica Age Smart oil, as I feel, stand alone, my skin responds much better to it, but I will use the bottle to the end and enjoy it ever step of the way.

The bottle is a disaster. I understand the difficulties in oils, but my 'fear of spillage factor' is high!!! With expensive contents, I prefer practicality over 'luxe' packaging. But It's not a reason not to buy, just to be damn careful.

Would I buy again? Naaa, I'd probably return to the Dermalogica Age Smart Oil....but I would use the crap out of a free bottle.

on 2/3/2015 12:32:00 PM

OMG this stuff is amazing! I use it with the Clarins Double Serum and whilst I did see a mild improvement in my skin with the DS alone, add the Lotus Oil and Wow! By the 2nd day of use I saw a visible improvement, something I've never seen before (trust me I've spent £1000's on products over the years). I was sceptical before use but this is a much underated product. Added to this it smells delicious too. I will defiantly be re purchasing.

on 1/27/2015 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm so disappointed! I so wanted this to work well on my skin and was looking forward to it with all the awesome reviews here and sephora. I have oily skin and have used oils in the past so I wasn't scared. However, this product seems to have brought blackheads back! I haven't had bumpy skin like this since high school. I want to keep trying to use it, but don't want to deal with the blackheads. I usually have very soft even skin but sadly at the moment it feels rough and bumpy :(

I was given this as a sample from a Clarins counter, first things first I have a major phobia of oil. Having acne oil seemed the worst idea ever to put on your face but I put my good faith into the lady at Clarins and I am so glad I did. I apply this oil twice a week in the morning mixing 2 drops into the Clarins mattifying moisturizer so I don't over do it. The consistency of the oil is light and feels weightless on the skin without that horrible slimy texture, it dries really well into the skin and makeup can be applied straight afterwards.

My acne scars have really made a ten fold improvement, they are less dark than before and the pores around my nose and cheek have decreased so much they are basically non existent. My skin doesn't produce much oil anymore in the day and is generally healthier looking with a lovely glow.

I am so made up and would buy this product a million times over, it's good to be skeptical about using oil but seriously I would recommend anyone with acne prone skin just to give this a try.

on 1/10/2015 8:34:00 AM

I have classic T zone, dull, dewy, dehydrated cheeks. Very sensitive skin and eyes.

The smell reminds me of medicated stuff, not a fan of the smell, but if it does it's job I don't mind.

It says only a couple of drops, which is all I need, rub finger tips together and lightly pat onto skin, it says to use it when skin is damp from toner (not tried this yet) it also says dab off excess oil with tissue, I don't need to do this as I only use two drops. I have only been using for a couple of days, will update on effect of skin later on.

Right now it's good, I haven't had any skin reaction at all, it doesn't make my eyes water, puffy, cry, etc so that is always a bonus for me because I am so sensitive. I just need my skin to look hydrated, healthy looking, if it gets rid of fine lines etc then that will be a bonus.

on 12/5/2014 12:01:00 AM

I've been using this product for three weeks now, and I have to say that I LOVE it. The product is formulated for Combination/Oily skin and it really does a good job of keeping oil at bay. I noticed after two weeks of using it that I had (unusually) not broken out, even during that TOTM.

I switched to using oils on my face about 1.5 years ago, but had only used organic Morroccan argan oil up until now. Like many people with combination/oily skin, I was pleasantly surprised that my skin responded so well to argan oil.

A few weeks ago, I was in the Beijing airport killing time and I realized that I needed a good moisturizer as I had accidentally checked mine in. I scoured reviews on MUA and decided to go with the Clarins product as it had a great review score and I have had good experiences with Clarins in the past.

This Clarins Lotus treatment oil performed just as well as the argan oil, but it is more luxurious-smelling and feeling. I use three drops on my skin at night, and try to use their "patting in" method but usually just put the drops on different parts of my face and lightly rub it in. It smells DIVINE!

I predominantly use this at night and either argan oil or Dr. Hauschka's light Rose Cream during the day, but you can use it during the day as well. Just be sure to give yourself a little bit of time for this to soak in before you apply makeup.

Packaging: I wouldn't say that the glass bottle is ideal for travel, as it is quite heavy and impractical to travel with. I do think the thickness of the glass makes it look quite nice on one's skincare/makeup counter, and it is probably relatively impervious to breakage as it is so thick.

Cost: I bought it at at duty-free store, so it was $42, which is significantly cheaper than the price plus tax in the US. As I only use 3 drops/night (or 6 drops/day if I use it both day and night), I find the price to be quite economical seeing as there is a great deal of product in the jar. If you amortize the cost of the oil over the duration (~6 months), it has an excellent price-to-quality ratio.

on 10/22/2014 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It was the only facial oil I ever bought and it turns out I hate the feeling of oil on my skin. It is also uncomfortable to march with oily face in front of husband.
So before putchasing this try to spread olive oil on your face and consider if you like the feeling.

Didn't notice any positive effect on the skin, but nothing bad as well.

on 10/6/2014 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Even having combination skin, I have always been a fan of facial treatment oils. So far I was loyal to simple sweet almond oil which didn't reduce my oliness but it made my skin super soft and tight, but I decided to try this as I wanted to bring my facial oil experience to the next level. I also was attracted by the packaging, the bottle with dropper seemed easy to use.
And I wasn't disappointed! It is not a miracle product, but I regard it as a rich night treatment which really helps to tone my skin, my complexion seems brighter since I started to use this. It haven't reduced the oiliness (although in my case it is not my most concern as the oiliness is not so marked), but my skin definitely feels more hydrated and the smell is wonderful. Seems it also has helped a little bit with my rosacea.
The price is alright. I will repurchase it.

on 10/2/2014 8:20:00 PM

Okay so I have oily skin that, over the past few months, has been breaking out in cystic acne across my lower cheeks and jawline. I was told this would regulate the oil on my face and help to alleviate the problem. I was skeptical, but I have to say that since I've been using this product my skin has been totally 100% clear, for going on four weeks now.
It feels moisturised, the colour tone is even, and no acne. I cannot believe it.
I have been using this product in conjunction with Garnier's mattifying cleanser, but other than that I have made no other changes to what I was doing when my skin was bad.
I just use a three drops on my face after I've used my toner. I can see that it is going to last a long time, so despite the upfront cost, it will end up being quite economical.
Definitely recommend.