September 17, 2014 | 2222 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Face Treatment Oil - Lotus

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by constanceyc

I love it! it's the ultimate solution to my combination skin... less sebum but much enhanced glowing complexion...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This was a bit of a let down for me especially since all of the good reviews. I bought a bottle of this hoping that it would moisturize my dry skin (cheeks and forehead) while keeping my oily areas (nose, chin) from being over oily.

I found that the smell of this to be overpoweringly strong, not unpleasant but by far the most fragranced oil I have ever used. However, it didn't cause any irritation or breakouts, nor did it make my eyes sting.

I used up a whole bottle of this without any other products applied over the top just to see if this alone would affect my skin. Although my skin was soft after using it, it didn't make any positive difference that I could see. I will stick to less fragranced oils in future and won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yes for now I think I would buy the Clarins Lotus face oil again : ) I'd like to give this oil 3.5 to 4 lippies. I use this in conjunction with Biologique Recherche products at the moment like P50 1970, Masque Vivant, Complexe Iribiol serum and Creme Dermopurifiante. This oil doesn't seem to clash with any of these products thank goodness!

I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin and this oil seems to bring acne under the surface up to the surface for me and the Creme Dermopurifiante from Biologique Recherche that I apply after the Clarins Lotus oil just quickly dries the pimples up and keeps drying them up thoughout the day!

I love the herbally, clean and very natural smell of this oil the most of course : )

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by clasp

i love this! I use it when I travel it's especially good in cold weather countries

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This oil really did make me glow much more so than any other product I have tried as yet. It's suitable to use under makeup as well because it sinks in fast. It caused no breakouts for me, which is always a plus. I recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

I am not new to Clarins skin care. First encounter was easily 10+years ago. After trying tons of skincare, here I am back to Clarins, I am 37 years old, acne proned skin type.

I managed to get 2 ml samples a few times. But never get the actual product. I think I strayed away to other skincare stuff in my stash. Then just last week, there was 20% discount on Clarins, I went ahead, bought this oil, double serum and the tinted sunscreen spf40. The GWP was deluxe size 100 ml toner and cleansing cream, 15ml multi day and night cream and 10 ml of the tinted sunscreen. One thing I love about Clarins, they are quite generous with GWP and samples. With this purchase I no need anything else, maybe just cleansing foam.

I used the lotus oil at night after toner. I find okay only, then I read few reviews and clarins online. Oh, I can just use some toner with 2 drops of oil and using the pressing method. Yesterday I tried, this morning, the effect is WOW...... my acne marks seems lighter, skin looks well rest.

My skin regiment is as follows:-
AM: Yves Rocher sebo purifying cleansing gel - clarins toner - clarins double serum - clarins tinted sunscreen spf 40

PM: Clarins cleansing milk - clarins toner - clarins toner +2 drops of lotus oil.

I believe in less is more, so i didn't use moisturizer, moreover in sunny Singapore, if i used moisturizers, it will clog my skin.

Now I will stick to these 3 star products, btw i just bought clarins AHA toner, clarins whitening serum. The whitening serum i will alternate with the double serum. AHA toner on alternate nights. Was given more whitening range skincare, toner, firming serum and eye cream. I guess it is very good deal to get. Total I spent for 2 trips are S$390, not too bad for luxury skin brand. I guess these skincare can last me easily 6 months. I am willing to spend on treatment items, cleansing stuff and toner, i can use drug store brands or bodyshop.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by caz84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have oily, acne-prone skin and was completely sceptical about putting oil on it, in common with many reviewers below. Yet I am completely delighted with the results.

I've been using this for about 2 months now and the difference in my skin is marked. It didn't, unlike for other reviewers, make my skin break out at any stage.

Putting it on is easy, fast and feels very luxurious. It also smells utterly, utterly divine. I've been using 4 drops in the evening, warming it up in my hands and then pressing gently all over my face.

In the morning, I wake up with soft, hydrated skin - whereas before, when I used my morning skin routine at night time, I used to get really dry patches on waking.

I have noticed an improvement in the quality of my skin (not in terms of red marks) when it comes to smaller pores and a face that stays matte for longer in the daytime. I haven't changed anything else about my skin routine so I'm pretty sure this is thanks to the oil!

2 months in and I've used about 1ml depth of an approximately 2.5inch bottle so reckon it will last me a long time.

Don't be put off by the fact it's an oil and you have oily skin - this is lovely stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin finally felt at ease again when I returned to using facial oils after a couple of months on a serum. I've already been a facial oil convert from the Anne Semonin Balancing Intensive Complex and was looking for an alternative when it started becoming constantly out of stock.

I've always had a shiny t-zone (which was also horrifically acne-prone until a bout of Dianette sorted the spots out for good) and red patches and, after years of going from one face cream to another, it was finally using a facial oil which evened out my skin tone.

I was initially sceptical about the Clarins Lotus Facial Treatment Oil: the price point is too good to be true, especially compared to the cost of other facial treatment products, so I saw it as a " cheapie" temporary alternative to the Anne Semonin until I found something else. However, I was surprised that even on my first night of use, I felt the improvement to my skin immediately.

The oil smells more strongly of geranium than I'd like, but I've gotten used to it. The consistency is also quite a lot thinner than the Anne Semonin, but it means 4 drops per application is plenty (my bottle looks barely used after 2 months).

The reason I dropped a few lippies on the packaging is because the dropper stops a few millimeters above the bottom of the bottle, which means I'll have a mission eeking out the last drops when I eventually get through the product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by aisabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was recommended this product in order to relieve some very dehydrated, peeling skin last summer on my face. I was convinced it would help as it was supposed to balance my skin by preventing it from getting oily whilst providing soothing benefits to my drier areas. I also have very light acne that comes and goes so I thought this was exactly what the doctor ordered. After cleansing, I applied a drop or so of this oil to my affected areas, followed by a thin layer of moisturizer. Lo and behold, I ended up breaking out in large, painful cystic acne exactly where I had applied this. It took months and several trips to the dermatologist to alleviate. The astringent properties of this oil proved to be far too harsh for my sensitive, easily irritated skin and as a result, caused me to feel hideous!

Might I also add that the smell is putrid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by beecky

I don't know what I waited so long to buy this ... this stuff is seriously amazing ! I have very dry, dehydrated skin, that is extremely sensitive to breakouts. I breakout occasionally, usually only when I get lazy and stop taking very good care of my skin. But this stuff has made a huge difference in my skin. It wasn't an overnight thing, which is why I waited to write a review, but I can honestly say it is now an HG product for me. After cleansing and toning, when skin is still damp, I rub a few drops of this between my fingers and press it into my skin. I focus on my forehead, sides of my nose, and my chin. I then moisturize as usual after that has soaked in for about a minute. Also I use this nightly, and about every other day in the morning, using less. But always every night, and I find when I skip a night my skin usually is more congested. This definitely purifies the pores, making them just look clearer and appear smaller, while preventing and treating breakouts without being harsh. It's gentle, yet extremely effective and quite moisturizing. Oily skins could probably get away with using this as their only moisturizer. This does everything for my skin ! Totally worth the price and will 100% repurchase. HG !

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No