Clarins Face Treatment Oil - Lotus

4.2

corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, parfum/fragrance, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, salvia sclarea (clary) oil, nelumbium speciosum flower extract, tocopherol, citronellol, linalool, geraniol, limonene, citral, coumarin, benzyl benzoate

on 6/1/2015 8:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this oil for about 6 months, perhaps 4 times a week, I didn't care for it at all. The scent is too strong, it didn't do anything for my skin apart from making it really oily and clogging my pores. I found out later that it supposedly contains oils that are irritating for the skin. I wouldn't recommend it.

on 6/1/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination/oily skin with absolutely no sensitivity and have used facial oils for years. I decided to try the Clarins options because they seem enduringly popular. They are average for price among facial oils and my bottle lasted about least four months with near daily use. I found this to be a good moisturising oil and it didn't cause any skin problems but it didn't do anything miraculous compared to other oils. But using any oil period greatly improved my skin.

This was a good solid performer but not the best. It hydrates but not overly so and it doesn't block pores or lead to any breakouts. This is perhaps suited more to oilier skins than mine and I will consider revisiting it during summer as I was underwhelmed by the amount of 'glow' it provided in the winter months. The smell is nice but it also doesn't linger, like most Clarins products its a bit herbal/spa. Its quite a thick oil and takes a while to sink in but will sink in completely and doesn't contribute to oily residue on my face. I used this under makeup without any problems.

For my combination skin I prefer a much more moisturising oil in winter but I would definitely recommend this to combination skins in summer and oily skin year round. Oils have been a great addition to my skin care routine and this is a nice option. I will probably try the Blue Orchid next.

on 5/20/2015 9:37:00 PM

I have dealt with having oily/combination skin for a long time, especially in the T zone of my face. I tried altering my skincare and make up in terms of my cleanser, moisturiser, foundation, powders - no matter what, I would look shiny by the end of the day. For reference, I use MAC's blot powder which is the best powder I've found but does require a touch up. My friend recommended this to me and I was skeptical - especially because of the price - but found good reviews and thought I'd try it. This, along with Urban Decay's make up setting spray, is a god send. This is by far the best product I've used to keep my oil at bay and it's actually noticeable and in that sense, it is worth the money (still expensive though and there may exist alternatives). No problems with the packaging. Note that I didn't have great results from applying it as a serum on its own within my skincare routine - I found that the best thing was to add some of it to my moisturiser (Clinique's dramatically different moisturising gel).

Overall: A product that actually works. A noticeable reduction in oil and spots on the face. Gives the face a healthy glow (not shine). Expensive but worth the money. Quantity lasts for a long time. Best used when added in a moisturiser.

on 4/15/2015 5:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

l got this product as a gift. It causes breakouts on my face and neck (horrible, gigantic never-seen-before zits like volcanos), so I use it on my feet. My feet are very happy with it, they feel very smooth, soft, no hard or dry spots. (Watch out for slippery soles ;-) )

on 3/23/2015 12:14:00 AM

I've actually stopped using this an considering repurchasing as I remember it being really great for my skin. It was really effective at helping to clear up a bad breakout without drying out or being overly oily on my skin. Is a bit pricey but lasts a long time.

on 3/15/2015 6:41:00 PM

I think this is possibly the best thing I've ever used for my skin! I was lucky enough to be given 2 sample bottles, which I've had for 2 months and still got half a bottle to go. I have combination skin which is also sensitive and have mahoosive pores on my nose and chin. It took a week but at the end of that week, for the first time, I could wear any foundation without blobs of it getting in my pores and looking hideous. My pores haven't completely disappeared but they look so much smaller and I don't think I'll ever give this up! It is for me a miracle product

I really like facial oils and I am always trying this one or that one, so I picked up a few from Clarins including this Lotus one. It's not thin, but glides on nicely and smells fresh and citrusy, maybe with a little herb undertone. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with their facial and body oils overall, and this one is quite good for my oily/combo skin. For me, I think it was best during spring/summer as it was rather astringent. I used it day and night, sometimes as my sole moisturizer at night if I was feeling oily, or as a pre-moisturizer serum if I was feeling dry. Sometimes I mixed it with my spf moisturizer or added a few drops to foundation to help it spread. I mix my facial oils with everything apparently! Honestly, though, that's one of the reasons I enjoy them so much, they're so versatile. I always have at least one in my skincare rotation and 2-3 back-ups at any given time.

Anyway, as to results, it didn't necessarily moisturize the BEST, but it controlled the living daylights out of my oil. If I was breaking out, I would use a few drops of this and then top it with a moisturizer and my spots were always less noticeable the next day. I'll give it four stars since it did help control my oil, but it wasn't amazing or anything. It's also reasonably priced and readily available, so that's a plus.

on 3/7/2015 12:14:00 AM

at the moment, ive had this product for around 3 weeks now. I do notice my skin is softer after it aborbes the oil and my skin is in general i believe less oily. however i do not notice much other than that which is frustrating because of the incredibly high ratings on makeupalley and high price... will continue to use to see if any els changes, but definitely not an overnight miracle oil for me atm

I love this Lotus Oil! It is such a great oil on combination or normla/oily skin. It helps to hydrate and balance the skin, correcting irregularities in the skin texture and behaviour. It smells amazing, and is made of high quality botanical oils. I apply it after washing my face, and i feels a bit intense, it must be left to soak in. It is perfect for overnight wear. I have even had good results wearing it under my makeup during the daytime, even in the summer while pregnant (my skin was drier while pregnant). It leaves the skin dewy and glowing - beautiful!

on 2/4/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

First of all if you're prone to any sensitivity or redness - get a sample first. This is choc-full-up-the-wazoo with fragrance oils.

But for my mediterranean, oil-loving skin (NC35). It's lovely.
I have quite the extensive cleansing routine at night so at the very end, post serums and moisturising, this makes a lovely barrier for all the other goodness i've put on my skin. It also means that the product that is lost to 'the pillow' is mostly this rather than all my other active treatments and serums.

By itself, as a moisturiser, I feel a bit 'meh' about it. But as a final product in a nightly routine under a swathe of other products, I get to enjoy the calming scent quality to the fragrance and I usually wake to supple skin with little to no redness.

I'm not convinced it's the be all and end all some reviews have claimed, I tend to like the Dermalogica Age Smart oil, as I feel, stand alone, my skin responds much better to it, but I will use the bottle to the end and enjoy it ever step of the way.

The bottle is a disaster. I understand the difficulties in oils, but my 'fear of spillage factor' is high!!! With expensive contents, I prefer practicality over 'luxe' packaging. But It's not a reason not to buy, just to be damn careful.

Would I buy again? Naaa, I'd probably return to the Dermalogica Age Smart Oil....but I would use the crap out of a free bottle.

Popular Treatments (Face)