January 29, 2015 | 1955 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Face Treatment Oil - Lotus

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2015 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ntorki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so disappointed! I so wanted this to work well on my skin and was looking forward to it with all the awesome reviews here and sephora. I have oily skin and have used oils in the past so I wasn't scared. However, this product seems to have brought blackheads back! I haven't had bumpy skin like this since high school. I want to keep trying to use it, but don't want to deal with the blackheads. I usually have very soft even skin but sadly at the moment it feels rough and bumpy :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 8:14:00 PM More reviews by misskerryjanesmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given this as a sample from a Clarins counter, first things first I have a major phobia of oil. Having acne oil seemed the worst idea ever to put on your face but I put my good faith into the lady at Clarins and I am so glad I did. I apply this oil twice a week in the morning mixing 2 drops into the Clarins mattifying moisturizer so I don't over do it. The consistency of the oil is light and feels weightless on the skin without that horrible slimy texture, it dries really well into the skin and makeup can be applied straight afterwards.

My acne scars have really made a ten fold improvement, they are less dark than before and the pores around my nose and cheek have decreased so much they are basically non existent. My skin doesn't produce much oil anymore in the day and is generally healthier looking with a lovely glow.

I am so made up and would buy this product a million times over, it's good to be skeptical about using oil but seriously I would recommend anyone with acne prone skin just to give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 8:34:00 AM More reviews by sugapie1

I have classic T zone, dull, dewy, dehydrated cheeks. Very sensitive skin and eyes.

The smell reminds me of medicated stuff, not a fan of the smell, but if it does it's job I don't mind.

It says only a couple of drops, which is all I need, rub finger tips together and lightly pat onto skin, it says to use it when skin is damp from toner (not tried this yet) it also says dab off excess oil with tissue, I don't need to do this as I only use two drops. I have only been using for a couple of days, will update on effect of skin later on.

Right now it's good, I haven't had any skin reaction at all, it doesn't make my eyes water, puffy, cry, etc so that is always a bonus for me because I am so sensitive. I just need my skin to look hydrated, healthy looking, if it gets rid of fine lines etc then that will be a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by pensativa

I've been using this product for three weeks now, and I have to say that I LOVE it. The product is formulated for Combination/Oily skin and it really does a good job of keeping oil at bay. I noticed after two weeks of using it that I had (unusually) not broken out, even during that TOTM.

I switched to using oils on my face about 1.5 years ago, but had only used organic Morroccan argan oil up until now. Like many people with combination/oily skin, I was pleasantly surprised that my skin responded so well to argan oil.

A few weeks ago, I was in the Beijing airport killing time and I realized that I needed a good moisturizer as I had accidentally checked mine in. I scoured reviews on MUA and decided to go with the Clarins product as it had a great review score and I have had good experiences with Clarins in the past.

This Clarins Lotus treatment oil performed just as well as the argan oil, but it is more luxurious-smelling and feeling. I use three drops on my skin at night, and try to use their "patting in" method but usually just put the drops on different parts of my face and lightly rub it in. It smells DIVINE!

I predominantly use this at night and either argan oil or Dr. Hauschka's light Rose Cream during the day, but you can use it during the day as well. Just be sure to give yourself a little bit of time for this to soak in before you apply makeup.

Packaging: I wouldn't say that the glass bottle is ideal for travel, as it is quite heavy and impractical to travel with. I do think the thickness of the glass makes it look quite nice on one's skincare/makeup counter, and it is probably relatively impervious to breakage as it is so thick.

Cost: I bought it at at duty-free store, so it was $42, which is significantly cheaper than the price plus tax in the US. As I only use 3 drops/night (or 6 drops/day if I use it both day and night), I find the price to be quite economical seeing as there is a great deal of product in the jar. If you amortize the cost of the oil over the duration (~6 months), it has an excellent price-to-quality ratio.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Aug17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It was the only facial oil I ever bought and it turns out I hate the feeling of oil on my skin. It is also uncomfortable to march with oily face in front of husband.
So before putchasing this try to spread olive oil on your face and consider if you like the feeling.

Didn't notice any positive effect on the skin, but nothing bad as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tintiite

Even having combination skin, I have always been a fan of facial treatment oils. So far I was loyal to simple sweet almond oil which didn't reduce my oliness but it made my skin super soft and tight, but I decided to try this as I wanted to bring my facial oil experience to the next level. I also was attracted by the packaging, the bottle with dropper seemed easy to use.
And I wasn't disappointed! It is not a miracle product, but I regard it as a rich night treatment which really helps to tone my skin, my complexion seems brighter since I started to use this. It haven't reduced the oiliness (although in my case it is not my most concern as the oiliness is not so marked), but my skin definitely feels more hydrated and the smell is wonderful. Seems it also has helped a little bit with my rosacea.
The price is alright. I will repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by biancay

Okay so I have oily skin that, over the past few months, has been breaking out in cystic acne across my lower cheeks and jawline. I was told this would regulate the oil on my face and help to alleviate the problem. I was skeptical, but I have to say that since I've been using this product my skin has been totally 100% clear, for going on four weeks now.
It feels moisturised, the colour tone is even, and no acne. I cannot believe it.
I have been using this product in conjunction with Garnier's mattifying cleanser, but other than that I have made no other changes to what I was doing when my skin was bad.
I just use a three drops on my face after I've used my toner. I can see that it is going to last a long time, so despite the upfront cost, it will end up being quite economical.
Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by constanceyc

I love it! it's the ultimate solution to my combination skin... less sebum but much enhanced glowing complexion...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This was a bit of a let down for me especially since all of the good reviews. I bought a bottle of this hoping that it would moisturize my dry skin (cheeks and forehead) while keeping my oily areas (nose, chin) from being over oily.

I found that the smell of this to be overpoweringly strong, not unpleasant but by far the most fragranced oil I have ever used. However, it didn't cause any irritation or breakouts, nor did it make my eyes sting.

I used up a whole bottle of this without any other products applied over the top just to see if this alone would affect my skin. Although my skin was soft after using it, it didn't make any positive difference that I could see. I will stick to less fragranced oils in future and won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yes for now I think I would buy the Clarins Lotus face oil again : ) I'd like to give this oil 3.5 to 4 lippies. I use this in conjunction with Biologique Recherche products at the moment like P50 1970, Masque Vivant, Complexe Iribiol serum and Creme Dermopurifiante. This oil doesn't seem to clash with any of these products thank goodness!

I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin and this oil seems to bring acne under the surface up to the surface for me and the Creme Dermopurifiante from Biologique Recherche that I apply after the Clarins Lotus oil just quickly dries the pimples up and keeps drying them up thoughout the day!

I love the herbally, clean and very natural smell of this oil the most of course : )