October 23, 2014 | 1889 users online

Eye Shadow - Ben Nye - Lumiere Grande Colour-Golden Apricot

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Betty24

This a beautiful golden peach color that I use for blush (not really as an eyeshadow). It has the right amount shimmer that it truly gives you a gorgeous glow. This is the blush that I always reach for! It also has excellent staying power and good pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by aliaguilar

High-quality product without the hefty price tag. Ben Nye eye shadows have incredible pigmentation, and the Lumiere Grande colors are beautifully shimmery without being obnoxious.

Golden Apricot-the name says it all. A radiant and warm peachy color that I have used on clients of all skin tones. It has a golden shimmer that allows it to double as a cheek highlight and/or blush at times.

It is very versatile as far as the colors you can pair it with. My personal favorites are purples tones. Of course, you get more color payoff with a primer, but with or without, it still has incredible staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I bought this color on the recommendation of a MUA review and just did not find it to be complimentary to me at all. It washes out on me and seems thick in consistency. I guess I will try another color since so many seem to like the Nye eyeshadows but this one is not for me and I would make sure that this color tone is one for you before you purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by hopep

I can't believe I have not reviewed this yet. I absolutely adore this shadow. I use it as an all over eye shadow, blush and with lip gloss for a perfect peachy lip. Every time I wear it I get compliments. It makes my blue eyes pop and my skin radiant. Can not say enough wonderful things about this product.

I dropped it on the floor and it shattered, I almost started to cry. I ended up losing 1/2 of the shadow but repressed the rest and it still works perfectly.

I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out. It is an HG product for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandmind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Please look at the picture I uploaded for you girls. This is the refill version.

Perfect colour for green eyes - metallic golden shimmer, beautiful true apricot colour.

what can I say more - a good colour for warm toned skin tones. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

Oh, this is hella nice. It makes a great shadow *and* blush, and is totally portable so it's good to keep in your purse!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PICTURES INCLUDED. Please click Continued for full review.

Price: 2, Packaging: 5, Buy again: Yes

I personally use this as an eyeshadow, but ended up trying it as a blush (seeing the neverending recommendations), and agree with everyone that this shade is the gorgeous of the gorgeous. It's subtle, but at the same time enlivens the entire face. The shimmery golden peachy shade works as an everyday shadow as well. It's perfect as a wash, or you can pack it on for the lids. I took a lippie off because the staying power isn't spectacular, but not bad either. The case is made of rubber and provides a great grip.... and you get tons of product for what you pay for. So overall, this is a must have deal. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

EDIT: I upped this to 5 lippies afterall. This provides just the perfect amount of *that glow* for me. Golden Apricot is one of a kind - it shimmers without the obtrusively annoying glitter particles that a lot of shadows have. The end result: a camera-worthy sunkissed glow to the cheeks and eyes. Oh, and add that to the fact that it's smooth as butter and applies like a dream.

EDIT ... AGAIN: Mixed this with some eyedrops to foil the color. The gold really comes out, and you get a metallic flash of peach in there too. Definitely try this out, if you haven't already! And here are some pictures:

Next to Revlon lipstick for size comparison

These don't do the product justice. I'll post a swatch one day... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by tinnula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I bought it intending to use it as a blush and was pleasantly surprised at the size of the pot. It's a very generous amount of product. It gives me a great, beautiful, peachy glow without being overwhelming. I'm an NC15 or 20, depending on the season, and I'm always scared of blushes making me look silly. I've never tried NARS Orgasm blush so I can't compare, but I do like the healthy, not red or overly pink look it gives me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 8:49:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely gorgeous golden apricot shade. As mentioned previously, if NARS Orgasm didn't show up on you, then get *this*! It's a large e/s but used equally well as a blush. Gives such a pretty glow!! I have lots of this shade of blush but this is a definite fave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

I got a sample of this as a throw-in item from a really sweet swapper. This has been well-described...the color is close to UD's X (eyeshadow and blush), NAR's orgasm, and Milani's luminous blush. It's a bit peachier then any of them, and works well both on my lid and cheeks.