Equate Dual Action Moisturizer (clean and clear knock off)

Price: $

Price: $

I have been using this with a few other products to clear t-zone acne and it is actually working! I used to have at least 6 pimples at once on my forehead and glabella (area in between eyebrows lol) mostly and sometimes nose and chin, but now I just have at most 2 pimples on my forehead! I am really happy with the results! Being honest, I meant to grab the Clean and Clear version of this, but since the packaging is almost identical, I grabbed this hahah. It still works good though, so I would buy it again considering the good price. I have been using this for 2 or 3 weeks, so I am waiting to see if the other reviews are right about it stopping working after a while.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use this at night and I can honestly say within a DAY I've seen results. This didn't irritate my skin like the Clean and Clear version, so I think it's safe for sensitive skin. I love this stuff, I can't believe I haven't see it before!

on 3/2/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I was looking for a good moisturizer that wouldn't break my bank account when I came upon this product. I put it on after I showered and after a few minutes, I knew something was up. There was this strange burning, itchy sensation on the areas I put it on. My skin had a horrible reaction to this product so if you have sensitive skin, move on.

on 3/31/2013 7:26:00 PM

Good Points -Oil Free -Moisturises -Cheap price -Doesn't have a strong smell so it's good for sensitive skins Bad Points -Didn't help my combination skin at all -Looked a bit oily/greasy -Didn't last long But overall I would buy this product again.

on 11/14/2012 11:27:00 AM

I bought this product not too long ago just to try it out and I was not impressed. It left my skin feeling oily and somewhat suffocated. I don't think I would ever re-purcahse this product.

on 8/10/2009 4:22:00 PM

I bought this product a few months ago. I picked this product because it said it had was a dual action-moisturizes for dry skin and treats/helps prevent pimples.

I have used this for 4 months now. When I first got this product, I used it 3 times a day, but it would dry out some areas of my face, so per the product instruction, I cut back and used it 2 times a day. Even after cutting back, it created dryness and redness on the sides of my nose and oilyness on my forehead and chin. When I would put this product on, I loved the tingling feeling I would get from this, but after using it for a while, that stopped.

Now 4 months later and breaking out, it seems this product, for me, doesn't work. I would not purchase this again.

on 8/10/2009 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have spent an absolute fortune trying to find a moisturizer that trats breakouts and makes my skin feel soft. And this little gem is what I always come back to to fix the mess the others make. Within a day or 2 it clears up my breakouts, doesn't feel greasy or leave a weird film on my skin. And only 3 bucks at zehrs or no frills. I have been using this since I was 13 years old and am now almost 30. I can;t even count the amount I have bought. i like it with aquarelle cleanser by marcelle. works great for my dehydrated, acne prone skin.
THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 6/24/2009 10:36:00 AM

I have the clean and clear version of this, and it works great! There is a little pump so you can get just the amount you need, and it is very light, and gives great moisture. the only thing I don't like about it is the smell. To me, it smells like the bathrooms on airplanes, which makes me sick, but the smell goes away very quickly after it is applied. It hasn't broken me out, which is great :)

on 1/17/2009 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

There is another version of this Clean and Clear knock off availabe in Canada called Exact Dual Action Moisturizer (Exact is the storebrand at Loblaws and Superstore in Canada). I get it for $3.99 CAN and it's fast become a beauty staple for me. I use it as a bedtime moisturizer only, since it doesn't have an SPF. It's creamy yet absorbs quickly and it doesn't make me break out. The salicylic acid seems to help keep my pores clear, which is a must for me since I've been having troubles with my skin over the last year. I will continue to buy this since it does the job and is really inexpensive.

on 10/27/2008 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this a while ago, and shoved it in my drawer because it was oily the first time I used it. Besides, it was so cheap that I thought it shouldn't work. A year later, after using a bunch of expensive products (total cost of $146), I just need something that's not too irritating and THIS was it. Seriously, $3? I can't believe this is the one that's clearing up my face. Yes, just like all medicated acne cream, my blemishes turn red after applying. However, my face isn't irritated! I regretted a year of ignoring it.

edit: I don't like it anymore... It's not stopping my breakouts, and it doesn't heal them fast enough. I know I said "it's clearing up my face" but all of a sudden (after 3 months) it stopped working. This is probably because my annoying face is annoying..