Estee Lauder Pure Color Eye Shadow in Copper Penny

3.8

on 11/12/2012 1:00:00 PM

This is a very pretty bronzey/coppery color with gold and copper shimmer in it . Does not flatter my cool skin tone though.

on 9/16/2011 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely shade in the pan, but seems to have no pigmentation! I used my UD primer and this still didn't even last for more than an hour. Felt powdery and cheap, like something from ELF. Not worth the price and I wouldn't recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

This is a great eyeshadow! I love the color, because it's a red/orange brown it makes my blue eyes stand out. Red & orange are opposite blue on a color wheel so you get the biggest contrast with those kind of colors. I like to pack this on my lid after a primer 2 or 3 times and it stays on pretty much all day.

on 7/11/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Too red for my light skin. I really have to pair it with a darker matte brown in order to make it look decent on my skin. Very pigmented and leaves a shiny finish on your lid.

on 3/31/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I received Copper Penny and Honey Drop in a GWP and I am absolutely impressed with the color, long-wearability and subtle texture. My skintone is very fair (NW10-15ish) so I have to be careful with ultra-pigmented and frosty eye shadows because they make me look like a resident at the Playboy Mansion. This duo is exactly what I'm looking for! Copper Penny is a lovely crease shade that enhanced the depth of my crease, brought out the green in my eyes and stayed color-true all day. Both shades have a refined, subtle texture that keeps me looking realistic, not makeup-y.
I'm a Bobbi Brown fan because I love her subtle shades and textures, but after using these two shades I'm ready to try more Estee Lauder! continued >>

on 11/16/2009 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Received this as a gift from my parents, and I now refuse to use any other eyeshadows orther than Estee Lauder, I have a pallet with 6 colours in, it's not listed on here, so I'm just going to review each colour. They all go on extremly well, they are soft and silky, last all day and can be put on very lightly for a subtle look, or built up for a heavier look. Copper Penny is a great slightly shimmery brown shade, it works well with Honey Drop for a more detailed look, or on it's own for a deeper individual colour, again when I'm running late for work. Also works well as a lower lash liner.

on 11/18/2008 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I adooore this. So many people use gold or silver, and I find this so much more original. It stays on really well too.

on 9/15/2008 5:29:00 PM

My mom happened to have this in her stuff and gave it to me because she didn't like the way it looked with her fairskin/blue eyes/Red hair. I however, LOVE IT. Fairskin/blue eyes/Blonde hair. This is a good everyday, look great eye shadow. I wouldn't use it when I'm trying to make a statement though.

on 12/17/2007 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

perfect matter medium-dark brown. blends well and is indispensible when doing a smokey eye. that is not overly intense but still packs a punch. i got this in a GWP but will likely repurchase

on 12/11/2007 12:03:00 PM

A lady at work gave an eyeshadow quad to me because she got it for free and didn't want it. Copper Penny is one of the colors (I can't remember the names of the other ones) and I've been wearing it all week because I like it so much. It blends very well and really compliments my pale, warm skintone and blue eyes. I favor a natural look so this color is perfect because it gives my eyes just enough definition without looking like I'm wearing a lot of make up. The only reason why I wouldn't purchase this is that, while I like it, I'm sure I could find something comparible at my local Wal-mart for cheaper than this would probably cost.