August 28, 2014 | 1431 users online

Pressed Powders - Sonia Kashuk - bare minimum pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Ekryzynski

This product is awesome! I always seem to have problems with my powders and not staying on well and this is the first product to stay on all day. It's a little pricey for me, but is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by juliec85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great powder if you have oily skin. I previously used maybelline dream matte (discontinued) and this is comparable if not better (its cruelty free!). It does not leave a colour on your skin so if you are looking for more of a sheer foundation powder, this isn't the product for you. It sets your make up, stops the shine and is really light. I have oily/acne prone skin and did not break out from using this. Its available at target and reasonable (10$).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought this in 02 (translucent light). the powder is finely milled and doesn't look cakey on me-- it just kind of dissapears. the packaging is pretty bulky (i have the older?/newer? matte black version with the mirror on the inside) but i like that it houses a fairly decent natural bristle brush. i would purchase again if this compact breaks-- so far i haven't dropped it, so i can't speak to its durability.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Nicole9130

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder!!! I have awful combination skin, my nose gets very greasy and the rest of my t zone gets very very dry. This powder doesn't cling on to dry patches. It really mattifies my face, which I like a lot. I got this item on clearance so I only payed $5 for it. Although, when I run out I'm bummed I have to pay full price. Over all, this powder is my savior. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

YES! Finally found my powder replacement for Maybelline Dream Matte which is now discontinued. I love this powder! It is SO finely milled and yellow enough for my skin finally! The shade range is minimal though so that's too bad but luckily i found my perfect shade in Fair Light. Love it! It performs amazing. I dont' really have to blot much all day. It stays matte but not dry and chalky matte. Looks like my skin only better. Love the packaging, the price is reasonable at $9.99 at Target. I don't care much for the applicator brush it comes with but i apply it with my face sponge so that's fine. Overall, i'm loving it. And now that i've given it a rave review the countdown to it being discontinued begins.... Such is my luck it seems... Sigh. Run out and buy this! Excellent powder!
UPDATE 2/25/14 - Ok so after over a week of wearing this for 12 hours a day, i gotta say, hands down this is the best powder i've ever tried. I'm going to stock up and if you're smart, you'll do the same! Winner product!!
UPDATE 4/4/2014 - As i predicted, this powder has been discontinued. If you find any left at Target, scoop it up as it's no longer being sold. On to the next powder search..... Sigh......

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this product up on a whim while shopping at Target bc I feel like I'm always looking for the HG setting powder. I'm a hair stylist, so my skin is constantly battling the harsh elements at work (blow dryers, steam from shampooing, etc) and needs to stand the test of time with little to no touch ups during the day since I'm constantly with clients and super busy! There's nothing worst than standing in front of a mirror, trying to help someone else look their best, if you look like a cakey, sweaty mess and your makeup is patchy, running, and an oily nightmare! I know that's a tall order, and that's why I've had such a tough time finding a setting powder that provides all the things I'm looking for, as well as doesn't break out or irritate my super sensitive/dry skin. This powder from Sonia Kashuk is pretty impressive! Upon first opening it, and running my finger over the product, it felt very finely milled and smooth which was really surprising to see in such a moderately priced drugstore purchase. (It only cost me $9.99!) I got it in Translucent Medium 03 which is a perfect match for my skin. It goes on quite nicely, and helps give a little added coverage while setting my foundation and doesn't look cakey as far as I can tell and I've been using it for about a month now. I use this over my foundation and contour with a little bronzer, blush and highlighter and then set with my MAC Fix+ Spray and everything just melts into my skin and looks and feels pretty natural and lightweight! It has really decent staying power.. I hardly need to touch up.. Maybe just a little to absorb extra oil or after I eat or whatever, but like I said, my makeup really takes a beating at work, and I've tried soo many things, drugstore to HE, that I can confidently say that this powder would definitely hold up well on most women. The compact is very nice looking.. Matte black, circular and a nice weighty feel to it. I feel like this will not fall apart on me before I hit pan. It's got a magnetized closure so it doesn't open in my purse and it has a hidden compartment underneath for this little, soft, flat, fan brush that comes with to apply the product. I don't use this for the initial application to set my foundation, but I do actually use it for quick touch ups and it's great for sweeping under the eye to clean up eyeshadow fallout or absorb oil under there during the day. Normally I get ZERO use out of the brushes or sponges that come with compacts, but this one is actually quite nice for the things I mentioned. The only negative that I've noticed about this product, is that it's getting this really weird bumpy texture in the pan that looks really weird and I don't know if it's going to have an effect on the product itself.. So far I haven't noticed a difference with how it applies or looks, but it seems like the powder is hardening in some places and I can't imagine that that is a good thing, so I took off a lippy for that. I would def repurchase this, but I'm still going to continue looking for my HG powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lonelyghosts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have awful combination skin and until I found this powder I was on the neverending search for a HG powder. Hear me out. It is such a smooth, finely milled powder...decent coverage (I dust this on after liquid foundation and some concealer), and it keeps me matte and controls oil! I don't have to touch up as much during the day anymore, like I was with my previous Maybelline matte powder. I love this stuff!! I will definitely be repurchasing!! I just love Sonia Kashuk's makeup line in general, I've always liked everything I purchased. I apply this powder with my cheap ELF powder brush, not the little one that comes with the powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

This powder is decent for the price. I am NC 25-30, and I use shade 02. Nice shade, matte finish, and good package. I was skeptical about the brush initially, but it turns out to be quite soft and functional. One lippie off because the powder does add some texture onto the skin, which could be somewhat flat and noticeable. It is not the best powder out there, but it definitely has a great quality price ratio.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this. It's come down to me realizing that it won't get any better than this pressed powder. I went through so many expensive HE powders trying to find one that looked natural and was in my shade. I use it in 'translucent medium' and it is literally the perfect shade for me -I'm a little darker than NW20. I actually use this over a BB cream and it's great for that purpose because you still get a very natural finish (perfect compliment to Maybelline BB Cream btw.. :) It's NOT heavy coverage. It's intended to be very light which is why it works great for using over liquid foundation or a BB cream.

This is yet another great item from Sonia Kashuk. I continue to be impressed with SK's makeup and makeup tools. High quality for drugstore makeup. Also, the packaging has been redesigned to be black which I actually prefer to the former white compact.

Bought for 9.99 at Target! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Found this great powder while searching MUA for a pale setting powder. The lightest shade works well with my very fair skin (without being too dark or orangey) and sets my foundation/BB cream/TM very naturally without looking cakey. Oil does break through when I'm just weating TM, but this has been my HG powder for awhile now. When I'm looking for serious oil control, or extra coverage, I opt for MAC Blot Powder, but this is great for every day looks.