Mary Kay Brush set

on 7/24/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got these brushes as a gift from my mother - who is a MK rep. I needed something to travel with because I don't want to run the risk of losing my "good" brushes on a trip. No, they aren't as good as a MAC brush, or even a EL brush but they are good brushes. They would make a great gift for someone wanting an economical brush set to travel with or someone who is just starting out with makeup.

The eyeliner brush was by far my favorite, it was stiff enough to apply a fluidline or paintpot as a liner without shedding or poking my eye out.

on 7/24/2010 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I had a chance to use these brushes the other day and I have to say they are quite nice. I was a makeup artist for several years and I have worked with some high end lines and these were very nice to use for the price of them as well. They are soft and easy to hold with long handles. Would make a perfect gift for someone that loves makeup.

on 8/25/2009 11:19:00 PM

Why these aren't my favorite, they are pretty good. The powder brush is kind-of scratchy and sheds a bit. It's my least favorite brush in the set. The angled blush brush sheds a bit, but its nice.It applies my blush very nicely, I also use it to contour. The eyeshadow brush and crease brush are the gems of this, though. The eyeshadow brush isn't super dense, but it applies a sheer wash of color. And the crease brush I've heard is a MAC 226 dupe, but I can't speak for that (yet). The eyebrow comb is standard, and the other side is a synthetic angled liner brush. Overall, the face brushes aren't the best, but the eye brushes are WOW! amazing! So yeah, I'd say I'd buy it again.

on 7/8/2009 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this brush set as a gift and I like it a lot...the case is great and the brushes don't shed at all even after you wash them! If I had to ever purchase this I would!!!

on 12/4/2008 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got a sample brush set from a friend, consisting of an eyeshadow brush, and an angled crease brush. I really like the two brushes. They are both incredibly soft and silky. I haven't noticed any shedding, and they hold up pretty well. However, after using them for a while, I've noticed the brush hairs have become a bit scratchy on my eyelids. Not unbearable, just a bit uncomfortable.

on 3/31/2007 8:43:00 PM

Great Quality Brushes that deliver makeup artistry techniques beautifully. I especially like the crease brush and the blush brush because they help with precision of application. I love the case they come in too!! Hope they last a long time!!

on 3/29/2007 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Please see my thorough review of the brush set under MK Sig. Brush Set. These brushes would be laughed at and stepped on by any brush aficionado. And for anyone who might try these brushes, as I did, in the hopes that they were some secret jewel waiting to be found by me...don't do it, you will regret it and then have to try and get your money back from a Mary Kay rep. Seriously, go to the department store and try a Trish, Bobby Brown, or even a MAC brush, just to see what a decent brush should feel like. Even the Sephora and BE brushes, which I dislike in general, are much softer than these. What plunkers these brushes were.

on 2/7/2006 7:11:00 PM

Love these brushes! I got them as a gift and they are amazing. The hairs on them are super plush and soft and don't fall out, the handles are nice and sleek and they came in a nice case for storage. My favorite is the eyeliner brush, it does AMAZING things with a little bit of water and eye shadow. Really good stuff.

on 11/4/2004 1:51:00 AM

A Definite keeper!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought the signature brush set (reviewed in that category) and I pretty much loved it. But this review is for the retractable mini lip brush you can get for your MK compacts. When I say mini, I mean MINI. It's about 2.5-3 inches long, pink, and has a sliding mechanism (do NOT twist the little tab, it is not meant to be twisted) that extends the brush head. There's no cap for this brush, so if you don't put it in a compact of some sort you may have to deal with lint and other things getting in it. It LOOKS extremely cheap, and feels extremely cheap, but it's not quite as bad as that. Mine has shed a bit since I got it, but it's still got a decent amount of bristles (natural hair by the way). I spent about $2 on this on eBay, so I can't really complain.

Popular Makeup Brushes