October 24, 2014 | 1171 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Surprise

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Sure this is a different lipstick! It's HORRIBLE!!!
I got the Sugar Grapefruit one today as a gift with a purchase and although it is a beautiful pink shimmer color, it dried out my lips worse than a hot summer day! My lips got so painfully chapped when I applied it I almost cried. I have applied two different lip balms on my lips to help them out and they are still in pain.
Would never purchase for full price, ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a GWP. It's a great color! Looks frosty brown in the tube but when you put it on -- Surprise! It looks sort of mauve. I pair it up with Rimmel's Pink Zinfandel nail polish and I could wear it for weeks at at time. I usually wear reds and oranges, but this is a really great color for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by runwaygal

I love Clinique's different lipsticks, however some of the shades do not give enough color payoff.
That is not the case with this lovely shade. This bronzey, mauvey shade is perfect for Fall. One great benefit of this shade is that it makes my teeth look very white! (I am fair-skinned with pink undertones and have green eyes)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by LoriLula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A gorgeous shade that is definitely a surprise! In the tube it looks very bronze and dark, but on the lips it is more of a raspberry with bronze overtones. Gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by clearady

Perhaps, the sexiest lipstick I own next to my red Revlon one. I don't care for dark shades of lipcolor, but this one is yes, a surprise. Pair it with Mac's Tempting eyeshadow or a simple light eye shadow, and you've got a winner. I've got plenty of winks from this. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by majanet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The "different" formula is the only Clinique formula I can wear without irritation. I've been wearing Shy for 8 years, as a great everyday base color, but just discovered Surprise. What a fantastic shade! Bronze in the tube, deep rosy gold on - like a warmer take on MAC Lustre in Capricious. I can see it working well on other skin tones (I'm so pale I'm almost blue). Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by superflyxx66

I was definitely "surprised" and love this color! In the tube a bronzy brown, on my hand another color, on my lips a dusky rose color. I can see this as possibly HG neutral color that will match with everything. I got it at the military BX for $12, so I'm definitely happy with the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by sweetheart519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My staple! My go-to lipstick! I have used this for YEARS. I'd say maybe 6 years now. This works well in any season and with any outfit, day and night. My favorite lipstick I own. I love the consistency and it lasts well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been wearing this since they came out with this years ago.
They once discontinued this, and I panicked. LUCKILY, they brought it back!
Clinique has it going on with their lipsticks and glosses. I have tried estee and lancome, shiseido, mac, etc... and the taste and texture do not compare. Mac is the next best. I have worn this color nearly every day since they made it. Many compliments over the years, and the color looks good on everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sdmiller

This was received as a GWP several years ago, and I've been purchasing the same color since. Seriously, this is one of the few things in my makeup bag that I just can't let go. The color is just stunning and looks great on everyone. It looks very dark and coppery-brown in the tube, but it is so sheer and beautiful upon application. You can use a light application to get a shimmer of color, or layer it for a deeper, richer tone. I've used this color on several friends and it has a variety of appearances on different people ... but always compliments everyone and looks beautiful. Color aside, Clinique's Different Lipstick is just a trusty stand-by. It is light, smooth and gives great, lasting color.