Neutrogena Neutrogena Healthy Skin Cream Powder Makeup

3.1

on 10/11/2011 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was excited to try this product, as anything from Neutrogena has a good reputation. I was very disappointed with this product. It blended nicely, matched my skin perfectly, and felt lightweight. Unfortunately, it had NO STAYING POWER WHATSOEVER. It lasted maybe two hours tops before wearing off, even with a setting powder. Sorry Neutrogena, would not re-purchase :(

on 1/21/2011 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I had to cake on this product to get any coverage, but I didn't mind since there was a good amount of product in the pan. The color, golden beige was a good match for my skin. I got it on sale at Big Lots for $4. Without primer, It looked like I packed/smeared mousse foundation on my skin. It made me look like I had a ton of fine lines, emphasized ALL of my pores, and smeared without provocation. I had to set it with powder, and spray a TON of my skindinavia moisture saving finishing spray to make it look good. It stayed on all day, but it definitely wouldn't have without the spray. I'll use it for quick runs to the grocery/bank/errands just to finish it, but I will not be buying this product again.

on 1/30/2009 3:01:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation, I really did. I love compact foundations, and I like Neutrogena overall. I have very problematic skin that's very oily & prone to breakouts. Silly me thought "Healthy Skin" was in reference to what it would do for you. Actually, what they mean is you have to HAVE healthy skin in order for it to not look horrible. It's streaky and cakey, it settles into your pores & fine lines, and it clings on to every flakie on your face for dear life. And despite the fact that it provides extremely heavy coverage, it does nothing to hide or conceal blemishes or other boo-boos. It's almost like a flaw-magnifier; I was pretty horrified. I should've known better than to test drive a new foundation for the first time right before work.

on 5/12/2008 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my "go to" foundation. I even recently tried MAC Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15, and I prefer Neutrogena Cream Powder Makeup. As many other reviewers have noted Golden Bisque is a very close match to my NC30 Asian skin. On the downside it doesn't have great staying power on my normal/dry, slightly ruddy skin, and it can look cakey. Lately, I've been using a foundation brush to apply it, and it has dramatically improved the finish. I now wholeheartedly agree with the other reviewers to ditch the sponge applicator. Due to its value (especially with sales) and color match to my skin, this will probably remain my primary foundation, although it's not quite HG material.

on 4/30/2008 12:55:00 PM

I have combination skin, and very large pores around my nose. I wanted to buy a no fuss foundation that I could apply quickly. Well, I am very disappointed with this foundation since I look like a clown after I put it on. It is very cakey and whenever I try to disperse it, I am not successful. It leaves orange stripes around my face, I look horrible. I do not have dry skin, but still I am not able to disperse it. Plus, the coverage is not very good, since all my red patches are still visible after application. NOT good.

on 3/17/2008 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This goes on too heavy and cakey for a foundation, and I *like* heavy coverage. It's really not good for oily skin either since it streaks in my oily parts.
I will say that when I stopped using this as a foundation, I used it as a concealer and I would definitely buy it again for that purpose! It's especially great around my eyes since it matches my Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid perfectly - no reverse racoon eyes.

on 2/14/2008 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Pretty packaging. Very nice finish. No flakies.....and, by the end of the day, orange. Back to Aveda, which is expensive, but, not orange.

on 8/31/2007 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

So here's my story: I've been looking around for a compact foundation to use during the wintertime. I usually use powder foundation during the summer and wanted a cream version for drier weather. I figured I'd start w/ the drugstore first and purchased this cream-to-powder product. Well, as many others have mentioned, this highlights all of the "dry patches" on my normal-combo skin, "dry patches" meaning that they aren't really dry at all, just not oily. This being the summertime and all, when my skin is naturally oilier, I don't think this would be a good option for the winter. Also, I could never get this to blend into my skin--It felt like I was just pushing the foundation around my face. I experimented w/ using a brush instead of the sponge to see if it made a difference, but the drier texture of the foundation just sort of gunked up in the bristles. I think I need a strictly cream formula or at least something w/ more slip. Anyway, it's going back to Walgreens tomorrow. On the upside, Golden Bisque is the closest drugstore color match I've been able to find for my NC30-35 Asian skintone.

on 1/20/2007 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product cause I liked the packaging. However when I applied it it made my face look dry and flaky, yet I have oily skin! Now after about an hour that went away but I still thought it sucked.

on 6/15/2006 10:56:00 PM

I use this in Golden Bisque, it's the closest match for my skin tone. It evened out my complexion & felt light. I agree with everyone else about dry patches...they become very noticeable. On a lighter note, it hid a hickey well lol.