Salon Selectives Clean Slate Clarifying Shampoo

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamide DEA , Lauramide DEA , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Polyquaternium-11 , Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint) , Glycol Stearate , Menthol , Mentha Viridis Extract (Spearmint) , Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract , PEG-150 Distearate , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Methylparaben , Citric Acid , Fragrance , Eugenol , Linalool , Limonene , Sodium Chloride , Magnesium Chloride , Magnesium Nitrate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

on 5/26/2011 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Short Sexy Hair Clean Slate Shampoo is a great product to remove minerals & build up on your hair. A must if you have well water or use a lot of products. I use it once a week & a couple times in a row just before I color my hair - I leave it on my hair for at least 10 min – then rinse & I use a good conditionier especially since I have long hair about 25” so its not just for short hair!
I had some issues with color staying so my hair dresser shampooed me with this product, she put my hair up in plastic wrap & put me under a hair dryer for 30 min. It did the trick – my hair was super squeaky clean & mineral free from my bad well water (lots of iron!) and no more color issues. Since then I’ve made it part of my regime. My hair is full but fine stranded, oily & my hair color is Sepia like - almost black, slightly darker then my natural color. I have not seen an issue of color being stripped away but I only use it once a week. I also use Kiss My Face Organic (Paraben Free) Big Body Shampoo it is a good clarifying shampoo but milder & gives my hair good body. I recommend Clean Slate as a good clarifying shampoo. As a recommendation - If you have long or damaged hair make sure you take the time to use a heavy conditioner with protein or karitin in it on your lower length of hair after using this shampoo. It will strip it of everything, but it shouldn’t harm your hair if you condition &/or use a serum after

on 11/15/2003 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Good clarifying action without stripping my highlighted hair. Smells nice too, unlike Neutrogena.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This shampoo is great! It really cleans my hair. I have an oily scalp, and using this shampoo, you would never know. It doesn't strip my colour, doesn't dry-out my hair, and its soooo cheap! DIRT cheap! It's also one of the best lathering shampoos that I have ever tried. My hair also feels lighter after using this, and I don't have short hair (well below the shoulders). My only lil' problem is, it doesn't have an amazing smell. I'm not saying its bad, but its not as intriguing as the colour protectant shampoo/conditioner, or even as great smelling as herbal essences, and so on. But I can deal. I use this in conjunction with the 'Perfectly Normal' conditioner, and so far so good.

on 4/25/2003 7:35:00 PM

I have rather oily hair, and this is one of the only drugstore-brand shampoos that is good for cleansing oily hair. It is so hard to find that perfect shampoo, I never waste my money on high end branded shampoos like Frederic Fekaai or Aveda. Simple, cheap, leaves hair soft and shiny.

on 2/22/2003 1:06:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This is great for a low-end shampoo... heck, it's great for a high-end shampoo as well! It's just a good product. I torture my hair with conditioners, smoothing creams, and styling products that contain silicone, so I use this once a week to get rid of any build-up. Immediately after using this shampoo, my hair feels lighter, more volumized, and cleaner. I was afraid that this would strip my color, but to my surprise, it didn't. Also, it smells great, lathers well, and is inexpensive. Rave from me!

Popular Shampoos