August 29, 2014 | 1766 users online

Lip Gloss - TheBalm - Plump Your Pucker Tinted Gloss

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm looking for a good lip plumper, but so far no success. Victoria's secret, Stila, Thebalm all didn't work for me. Will continue looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by maybemaybenot

I love this. I just got it in Strawberry my shortcake. It smells good, isnt sticky at all. I am buying other colors. The only bad thing I have to say about it is I got it for 15.00 from sephora.com. Its a bit much but i am buyin more anyways.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would buy this again, but just for the texture. It sits so nicely on the lips, makes them very soft, adds just the right amount of sheer color, and doesn't wear off in 5 minutes. I do notice it tingling, but I can't say that I have seen any plumping. I am looking forward to trying out the other flavors!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by lovestuck

i have the fullsize versions of this in rootbeer and coconut, both beautiful neutral shades. i also have the smaller size versions in grapefruit and daquiri. the daquiri is a bit dark for my taste, but still very wearable.

what makes these so great?

the scent: it's really nice and it doesn't linger.

the colors: the colors are sheer so that it blends into your lips. there's a huge variety. the color/shine doesn't last that long, but that's not really what i'm looking for.

the tingle: it's very nice and subtle. it doesn't hurt like lip venom (which is way too strong and will dry your lips out). but you definately feel it, and it's especially nice feeling with the sweeter flavors.

the PLUMPING: the first few times, you don't really feel the plumping. sure your lips look pretty and glossed and it feels nice, but they don't feel bigger. but read the directions and really try them for 30 days +, the maxilip complex or whatever really works!. the more you use it, the softer your lips will feel during the non-gloss times. they really become much more kissable and they've stopped flaking, as long as i still use theBalm like 2-3x a day.

my mom has repeatedly asked me if i got lip injections cuz my bottom lips are so much fuller than before (it is my habit to put the gloss on my bottomlips only first, then i squish my lips together to get gloss on the top, it's not like my bottom lip is much bigger than the top).

however, if you do use it less than twice a day, sometimes it gets dried out and flakey because your lips need that constant moisture or whatever. but i use it all the time, and they've never looked better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by bonddelight

I would recommend this to people who have big lips and hate lip plumper ( like me cuz it hurts me) . this is a pretty good stain/tint. i love how u can build the coverage. it doesn't last long though but i do like the cooling effect it gives off and it doesn't hurt at all!! as for plumping i can't say i saw any difference but im ok with that since i have big lips anyways. but yeh, it didn't necessarily wow me but it's definitely not a bad product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

LOVE this gloss. It lasts forever like a stain, has great colors (I have Razz my Berry), and feels totally non-sticky. I love the look of lip color, but usually hate the feel of all glosses and lipsticks. This feels like natural lips, so it doesn't bother me at all. No major irritation yet (not like Sephora's European plumping gloss that gave me half a fat lip!)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by heythatsmyjuice

This product delivers!! This would still be wonderful as a gloss by itself...but there's so much more to it that makes it so much better! The colors look great, the scents are great, and the packaging is very straightforward. The design of the tube makes it easy to get every last bit of gloss when you start to run out. But the important thing is this gloss really DOES plump. give it about a month and you'll notice a difference. put it on before you sleep and the next morning you will notice your lips have fewer fine lines. the consistency is thick enough to stay on your lips for a long time, and it's a tiny bit sticky but that's no big deal. also it is very moisturizing which is impressive for a gloss. i would definitely buy it again even though it's a bit pricey. it's totally worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by divafx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have TheBalm Plump Your Pucker Tinted Gloss in Cocoa My Coconut. This is a pale nude peachy beige with a chocolate coconut scent. This gloss is meant to plump your lips with their patented maxi plump system. Honestly what I see in the ingredients is a lot of menthol (near the top of the list) combined with peptides which are typically used to add moisture and reduce lines. Those combined do have a slight plumping effect. Unlike the other plumping glosses that have a bit of a sting and plump by causing a controlled allergic reaction this one seems to plump by loading the lips with line smoothing peptides, moisture, and menthol.

I really like this gloss. It feels like a more intense version of my Olay Regenerist Lip treatment. I like that it's non-sticky and moisturizing while feeling cool and comfortable on the lips. The menthol gives it a nice cool feel which I actually really like especially in the summer.

I like that it's a cool plump feeling rather than a burning tingle. I will say that without the controlled allergic reaction induced by most lip plump brands I'm not sure people with very thin lips are going to see as much plumping. I have fairly full lips and this kind of smooths them out and plumps them but not as dramatically as some I've used. My lips feel more full and pillowy rather than feeling swollen. I personally like that but if you have very thin lips you might not feel like it's enough plumping. I also like that I can use it on my nieces without worry of irritating their teenage skin. For dances and photographs it's nice to play up their lips without having chapped crusty lips afterwards.

I got this in my Yellow Box Beauty kit for July and after trying it, i think I'll definitely go purchase a few more for my kit. If you mixed the plumping moisturization power of the Kevyn Aucoin Liquid lipstick with the Olay Regenerist lip treatment and upped the menthol you'd have this gloss and that's a good thing in my book. I'm very impressed.

Ingredients: Polybutene, Castor Oil, Isocetyl Stearate, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Beeswax, Caprylic/Capric Tryglyceride, Dioctyl Adipate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Flavor, Menthol, Polyglycerol-3 Beeswax, Tetrahexyldecl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Candlilla Wax, Octyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Apricot Kernel Oil, Cocoa Butter, Carnauba Wax, Propyl Gallate, Propylparaben. (used common names instead of chemical names on some things)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my goodness, I LOVE these! I have 4 of them and plan to get more. For $14.00 US you get a good-sized tube of gloss with a hint of whatever scent the shade is based on (Crush My Grapes smells like grapes, Ruby My Grapefruit smells like grapefruit, and so on), with a slightly minty undertone. They aren't very sticky and the colors are sheer and much more subtle than they appear in the tubes. The jury's still out on the lip-plumping quality, though; I have fuller lips and haven't noticed any major plumping. It does make my lips tingle a bit, but that's about all. I love the color selection, the price is right, and they aren't overly scented or bad-tasting.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lips peeled off in ribbons and then scabbed up in a very unappealing and painful way after using this. Nice colors, cute names, feels good going on... Then disaster strikes about an hour later.