August 29, 2014 | 996 users online

Lip Treatments - Shiseido - FT Water In Lip

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just an average lip balm. I have dry lips so I've gone through a lot of lipbalms. When I first started using it, i thought it's pretty decent as it immediately comforted my dry lips. But after coming back to it, i found that after a few hours it made my lips peel and doesn't really help to heal them. I have the mint flavoured one so I'm not sure if that was what aggravated my lips.

However what I like about this lipbalm is that it doesn't have a greasy/shiny texture - it's quite smooth and a little matte-like even. I also like the packaging - it's a perfect compact size and looks nice.

I think you can find better lip balms than this out there. So far Badger's balm especially the cocoa butter one, works best to heal my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by twistlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really wanted to like this . I found this in a pharmacy that just opened up 10 miles away from where i live. i was in the area so i went into the pharmacy and found this, it was a bit expensive $8 , i bought the pear one . I put i t on the next day and although it says water in lip it felt a bit greasy, i looked at the ingredients [in english and japanese on the back of the package] and it has mineral oil and it was because of that , but it wasn't waxy at all . I didn't really mind the mineral oil in it , but about 30 minutes later , my throat felt sore, thought i was getting sick. Then i put it on again the next day and the same thing happened again , turn out im allergic to mineral oil, and it made my lips even drier . Back to nivea lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had the white, cherry blossom, pear and mint (and I have a Hokkaido one in my stash but since the formula is different will review separately) and I really like these balms as an everyday balm- I usually keep one of these on my desk at work.

Except for the Hokkaido one, I don't find these particularly moisturizing or helpful for problem lips, but they do a great job at protecting your lips and making sure they don't get bad in the first place. They make a great lipstick primer as well. I like these the most when my lips are behaving, usually in the summer. In the winter, I need something a bit thicker and more protecting.

The Pear and the Mint started smelling off towards the end (two months or so) and while I think the formulas are essentially the same, my favorite is the regular white stick, that is the one I keep re-buying. I've probably had ten sticks over the past three years.

I also like the cute tubes- as I am a lip balm addict I am constantly reapplying, and it feels slightly more classy to pull out one of these tubes.

In Switzerland these can be found at most of the Japanese grocery stores in the bigger cities (Uchitomi in Lausanne and Geneva, for example). They retail for 9 CHF.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ZMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the Shiseido Water in Lip mint (green packaging) during a trip in Japan at an Osaka drugstore earlier this year just to try it out. I was trying to get as much Shiseido as I can since it seems like it might take me some time before I return to Japan.
I regret that I did not buy more of the water in lip balm because its the one that reasonably works well with me. It has a nice consistency,glides on smoothly and moisturizes my lips well. I also like it better than chapstick because it doesn't . Wish I hoarded because its hard to find here in my country.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by arielelizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the first product I've found that makes my lips feel smooth (NOT sticky), even when I haven't exfoliated.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by EssandeN

Its a nice product. i didnt rate a five because i think mac is better only because of the smell and it gives more of a tingly effect. however, i do like this because it feels pleasent, a very similar feeling to softlips. i hear other reviews saying they got it for arounf 3$! i must have been looking in the wrong spot. i went ona trip to sydney and they had a little jap cosmetic store i bought this for $15 AUD. packaging is great, easy to apply. i would not buy again because they dont sell this where i live and it is just too much of a hassle to repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was just in my local toyko product shop and saw this..I am amazed at this stuff. Cheap and works great..much better than blistex..I got the strawberry flavor..can't wait to go back and get more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by simiparga

Would never have found this fantastic lip product without seeing these excellent reviews. I can't speak highly enough of this cheap, soothing lip balm.
I suffer from chapped lips that get very dry and sore. After shelling out on PC lip treatment, which is also fantastic and various other brands with were duds or ok, but nothing special - I decided t try this cheaper alternative.
I found this on Ebay and as soon as it arrived I tried it out on my dry lips. WOW! They were soothed and hydrated within the hour and after slathering this on all day, (I'm also a bit of a lip balm addict) my lips were healed! I LOVE this! Goes well under lipstick,feels smooth and not sticky.
Finished my first tube and have repurchased the original white one as well as buying a pink and pineapple one too.
Much prefer this to the very expensive Benefiance Full Correction Lip Treatment, which did not suit my lips at all. The Shiseido Water Lips is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to the reviews, this is definitely one class above all the others I've tried. Smooth, soothing, feels like you're spreading butter on your lips, but it is not drippy wet nor sticky at the same time.

Giving it a 5 unless I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a pretty good chapstick, but I felt like it was sitting on top of my lips, did help a bit when they were super cracked and bleeding(I have really bad allergies), but didn't help to heal them or keep them super moisturized, I felt like I needed to keep reapplying. It was expensive at my local asian supermarket, it's a regular sized chapstick and it was $9.99 + taxes. I do have girlfriends who swear by this though.