L'Oreal Feria Haircolor

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I personally don't like this hair color at all. It doesn't stick to my hair, and bleeds quite a bit. Just recently I bought a box of the plum black hair dye and was so disappointed- after leaving the color on for 30 minutes, I got absolutely no results on my medium brown hair. You would think there would at least be a red / purple tint but oh no. And that's very rare for my hair as it usually takes color very well. Wouldn't recommed this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used to use the bleach in this line years ago and it worked wonderfully. However, the last two times i've used it- my hair barely lifted! maybe 1-2 shades.. when i used to get 3-4. I'm not sure if my hair has changed (possibly stubborn from all the dye jobs--- but than again my roots didn't lift all the much either!!!) or if l'oreal changed their formula since introducing that high lift blonde series into their lineup. Good thing is that it doesn't fry my hair- never has. But I'll be going to sally's next time I need to bleach.
:\

on 9/28/2014 12:32:00 AM

Had greenish tint in my hair from not paying attention and putting an ash toner on my blonde highlights then dying my hair dark brown. I used color oops to get all the old hair dye out then dyed my hair with another hair color but I was flat and dull..I tried Feria light golden brown and loved the results...gave dimension to my brown color and gives my hair the appearance of having highlights/lowlights...May be my new go-to:)

UPDATE: although I liked the original color the dark brown returned really quickly...but I'm not quick to blame just the product since all the previous nonsense I had done to my hair may have contributed:) I just think this was the wrong product at the wrong time...still may buy again in a few months

on 9/6/2014 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for the shade Violet Soft Black

I used this in December of 2011. My hair was a medium brown with a slight red undertone. I saw this color in the store and thought it was pretty from what I saw on the box and have always wanted a deep purple look. It was kind of expensive (10 bucks a box) and I needed two for my long hair. I always stick to revlon colorsilk but the color on this box was so pretty. I figured why not.
So onto the coloring. I applied as usual like any normal hair dye. While it was processing my roots looked slightly pink/red and that should have been my first warning....the box states this is a warm hair dye although the model has a cool tone purple color. Upon washing the dye out my roots and upper hair were a dark burgundy with reddish pink roots and the bottom of my hair remained the same color it was before dying. I was very disappointed and mad for giving in to the pretty color on the box, and for wasting 20 dollars. My hair also felt very dry which never happens when I dye my hair so I know it was this dye.
I had to fix this by dying my hair completely black
I will never touch this hair dye again. Please, listen to the reviews on here. Do not give in to the nice flashy box with "pretty" hair colors because what you see is NOT what you will get.

on 8/17/2014 5:06:00 PM

OKAY! Whatever you do, DO NOT buy this product. I bought the loreal Paris feria hi-lift brown and it was HORRIBLE. I have a brunette/ brown natural hair color and I dyed my hair lighter about 2 weeks ago to get the brown out so I could dye it a different color. So, I decided I wanted to try this product, not just to get the brown out but because I liked the light brown/blonde tones on the picture of the box. I've done box dyes before and I've never been so upset. First of all, instead of it dying my hair like the pictures on the box (dark to light) it dyed my hair dark! I had light roots, dark brownish tips, and blue/grey in the middle. YES! BLUE AND GREY. It was a disaster. You know when you shake up the contents of the bottles together and that blue/purple/grey color the dye looks when you put it on your hair? Well that's the actual color it came out. I went to the store and am currently dying my hair again because it was terrible. Do not buy this if you have light hair, or in general.

on 7/24/2014 1:06:00 AM

I bought this in the color 73 Dark Golden Blonde. It may be blonde, but it is not dark.... And I really wouldn't call it golden either. More of an orange. The color is absolutely horrible. I would never buy this again. Never recommend this to friends, I probably would recommend it to enemies though. ;)
It was messier than most other dyes that I've used, and smelled worse, too. The only plus is the conditioner. You could throw everything else in the box away, and thank me later.
However, even the conditioner has a problem. Its "multifaceted" properties.... Are just really fine sparkles mixed into the conditioner. They got all over my hands and chest, and I'm having the worst problem getting them off... Not cute. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product is horrible! I have tried different colors but none of them take, NONE. It left spots of color through my hair, and didn't match the color on the box. I am NEVER using this brand again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I colour my hair with P76 Spice Power, once a month and I'm kind of astonished at the bad reviews on here! I've never had such a good experience with an at-home-hair-dye. I have very dark hair, almost black, and this made it a vivid, gorgeous red without bleaching. I get compliments on this colour constantly and recommend it every time someone asks. I also find it isn't too hard on my hair - in fact, it often feels softer and more manageable directly after I use it! I also LOVE the conditioner they give you along with it, it is so silky and nourishing. I have been repurchasing this once a month for about a year now and have no plans to discontinue.

on 5/6/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried the red shade of this color and it didn't approach anything like a natural red. Unless you're going for a neon look, I would skip this dye.

on 5/5/2014 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

this hair dye would be perfect if it only lasted longer! The formula smells wonderful and was gentle on scalp. One box provides a generous amount even for my long long hair. I always need two boxes with other brands. I used Starry Night.... it was dark but the results on my grays were more of a light blue color. The experience was pleasant though, did not damage my hair. It just didn't last long enough, color was coming out with each wash and I don't like to color often.