July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Treatments - Orly - Cuticle Therapy Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't have the best scent to my nose (floral vaseline), but it works incredibly well for strengthing my nails and keeping my cuticles from looking ragged and dry. I think it can be a tad more moisturizing but it absorbs well and doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy. I bought a small tube of this to try it out and I am considering getting the jar. It is not too expensive and can be found pretty easily. My nail beds have been looking more healthier ever since I have started using it. I rarely have time to do my nails with an active three year old, so this helps my hands look decent and soft in between salon visits.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Courtneybrynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was only able to tolerate using this for about 3 uses. The smell was just so awful and so strong. It has a very 'grandmother-y' scent to it and the scent lingers for a long time, even after washing my hands.

As far as the moisturizing effect, I didn't use it enough to have a conclusive opinion. The few times I used it, I had no complaints.

I also didn't like the packaging. I understand that it's heavier so maybe a tube would be a little bit harder for it to come out. I just would have preferred a tube better, it would be less messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Trillstayovoxo13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like how it's thick, but light. I rub this on y nails and cuticles constantly and it helped with smoothness and I c improvement from when I first got it. As for growth, a tad bit. But strength and moisture, yes! The grandmother floral scent, I'm used to it! And this product lasts for days when u out it on u can still taste it three days later that's how Ik it works and it absorbs quick!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by theamazingka7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

While shopping for some hair dye and specialty soaps and in my local beauty shop I wandered into the nail section (read: searched desperately for clearance OPI polish) and found a 2oz tub of this for really cheap. Autumn dries out my skin like crazy, and my cuticles get hard and gross unless I'm constantly covering them in something. I figured it was worth it since even if it didn't work I'd only be out a few bucks.
It. works. miracles. I love this stuff I put a tiny dab of it on each finger tip and massage it in every night. My fingertips feel like silk and my nails (which are flaky and normally grow very slowly since I'm a vegetarian) have been growing in strong! Best of all I can afford this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Sassygurrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great product! doesn't leave you with those greasy fingers. its super absorbent! will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this. It's really creamy and when used consistently it does improve my cuticles. I quite like the floral scent. I feel this is more of a luxurious feeling product, however it is not HG status. I will buy again though just because I like to have several different cuticle products to chose from.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by glossnmascaragal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry, hard, peeling cuticles that are extremely picky. I've been through so many products: Sally Hansen Healthy Cuticles Now, Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Balm, Carmex, shea butter and plenty more that I'm too lazy to think of right now : ) None of them worked.

After about a week of using this cream, my cuticles had noticeably softened. And now, three weeks later, my cuticles are beautiful and supple and soft and happy.

Yes, the smell could use improvement-- lots of it. But since it works so awesomely well, I've grown to ignore it.

If you've tried all kinds of products for your problem cuticles and nothing has worked, try this. It really is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by bedazzleurwaythrulife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product for a lot of reasons: 1. It whipped my cuticles into shape, in less than a week, which is a difficult task for any regular moisturizer.
2. It helps me to stop picking at my nails/cuticles with my teeth, because the taste of it will not go away after a simple hand wash (which shows how deeply it's moisturizing, I've had times where I didn't put it on for days and I could still taste the cream!) This reason is a bonus for anyone who is a cuticle picker, it's not a HORRIBLE taste, but it's not pleasant at all!
3. The residue is totally manageable! It's not greasy, it's simply a moisturized feeling. I've had oils creams and salves that make my fingertips a mess, and because we use our fingertips so often, it is not a good combo. I can use this product at school, and not get greasy residue all over my papers, pencils, etc!
4. Once you've gotten your cuticles in good shape, after a solid week or two of religious usage, you can cut down on how much you use it. I've skipped days, and I don't put it on mulitple times a day, just at night is fine for me. It will keep your cuticles in fantastic shape!

Now, the smell definitely reminds me of opening grandma's old musty trunk, and it kind of horrified me at first because nothing can prepare you for what it smells like. I knew before I opened it that it would smell like old lady, but you seriously can't imagine what it really is like! It used to bother me, but after a week or two, I was completely accustomed to the scent, and it stopped bothering me at all! You won't start to like how it smells, but it won't gross you out after a while!

I got my product at sally's, and it was 9$. I thought it was going to be 5$, so I was a little upset when I saw the price, but I started thinking of hard as hoof, which has one ounce and is 5$, and this has 2 ounces and is 9$, so yes, it's a good price for the product. Honestly, orly could get away with selling it for double that, and you'd understand why. It's not dirt dirt cheap, but it's a reasonable price, and it's worth it! Also, I suspect it will last a LONG time.

Buy this cuticle cream, you'll like it because it WORKS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After using cuticle butters, and creams with an almost paste-like consistency, the consistency of this cream surprised me. It's light, slippery, and smells like the inside of a grandma's bureau. But lord, does it work. My cuticles stay soft, the residue left behind isn't overly greasy, and best of all, since I started using it, I haven't had one hangnail. Not one!!!
Be warned though, the smell is very...distinctive. It's a very mature smell, and you instantly get an "old lady"ish vibe. But honestly, it's worth it. And it really doesn't last too long after you've rubbed it into your hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by jella22

i must say that i didn't truly appreciate this product until i tried other cuticle creams. healthy nails start from nourished cuticles !! and orly definetly hit the target with this one. my nails have never been so strong. i always apply this cream and rub in circular motions and afterwards, i apply a hand cream on top. you will be amazed at the results !! this cream has definetly saved my nails from the harsh winter. highly reccomeneded !