December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Shampoo - Phyto - Phytonectar Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This shampoo dried out my hair and made me shed way too much. Every single time. Also, I didn't care for the aluminum bottle because you have to pour the shampoo out, making it difficult to control how much product is dispensed. I did like the yummy honey-like scent and it also cleansed and lathered well. But the amount of hair I would lose after using this was just unacceptable and besides that it didn't do anything to help or improve my hair. I didn't like this at all. Just a very expensive, sub-par hair product. Will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by TheAscension

Overall, I like this shampoo. I feel like my hair is shinier and is more manageable when I use this and the phytojoba conditioner. I do miss the silkiness I get from silicone-containing products, though. I actually don't mind the screw cap, and a fliptop squeeze bottle is just as prone to give you more than you need. There's only two things I don't like. It' feels like a small amount for the price, since I'm used to giant bottles of Dove shampoo and conditioner for $10 total.

Also (and more importantly), I'm fairly certain this formula can spoil. When I first bought this (around May 25) I absolutely loved the light orangey scent. Now, (July 8) I can't stand the smell. It smells rotten. I don't know if it's such a sensitive formula that it can't handle the warm, wet environment of a shower, or what, but I had to throw it out. It shouldn't suddenly smell so awful, and even if it still worked as a shampoo, if there was something growing in it, what if that got in your eyes?

So maybe the small amount works in your favor, since you'll actually use it up before you have to throw away what's left. I'm undecided about buying this again, leaning towards yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Anlbe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I find this a good shampoo for my dry/brittle hair. It stops build up from my rather heavy conditioners and oils but doesn't strip my hair and with a good deep conditioner leaves my hair soft and shiny. I really like the aluminum bottles which can be completely recycled and bashed about without ever leaking. It smells or orange blossom which I find to be a lovely scent. The shampoo doesn't lather at all which can be a bit disconcerting at first but I've got used to that. I don't find I need to use that much which is good as it's pricey, certainly I don't rinse and repeat which is way too much for my hair unless I've let it get ridiculously oily.

This is one of my favourite shampoos, the only reason I didn't give it a five is because while it's one of the best it also has a slightly over inflated price tag for what it is. Also it I find it MUST be teamed with a very moisturising conditioner or pre treatment oil to get the best results out of it - if I'm using a lighter conditioner it doesn't work that well at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This is expensive and didnīt help a lot. The smell is akward, like rotten beer. It lathers well and leaves hair kinda soft, but not that sooooft for the price. Bad package too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

This is an extremely nourishing shampoo and cleans your hair very gently without stripping moisture. The only problem is that it doesn't feel like your hair is clean afterwards and there is build up over time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow, probably the WORST shampoo I've ever used! I have thick, dry, wavy shoulder-length asian/black hair and this shampoo left it draw, straw-like, and parched. I followed the instructions exactly and my hair look more fried AFTER shampooing than before! Tried it again the following week to make sure it wasn't a fluke and yup, did the same thing. This is supposed to be moisturizing?! Very small bottle for the cost, and while you're only supposed use it 1-2x a week and only use a quarter-size amount, the fact that you're supposed to shampoo twice means you'll be going through the tiny bottle faster than you think. Returning.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by giggitygoonotgone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute #1 HG hair product...and I don't have many HGs. First of all, this is a shampoo...I had literally NEVER found a shampoo that actually moisturizes my hair until I found Phytonectar. My hair is what I like to call "special needs hair" -- incredibly thick, wiry, frizzy, and wavy in a way that's more stuck-my-finger-in-an-electric-socket than VS-model wavy. In sum, it is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Very few products actually make a difference in how my hair looks, feels, and can be managed. Phytonectar actually adds moisture, shine, and manageability to my hair. Amazing! I shampoo once with it, rinse, then apply again. I let it sit for 15 minutes if I've got the time, and I'm left with soft, amazing hair! I do use conditioner and other styling products, but this shampoo makes the most difference in how my hair looks. It also smells fantastic...orange blossom, mmmmmm.

There are a few cons that don't deter me from repurchasing forever but are worth noting: first of all is the hefty price tag. I believe that a 6.7 oz bottle of this stuff costs close to $25. Ouch. I can find litre bottles on Amazon for cheaper, but it still comes out to be quite pricey. It also doesn't lather super well, so I had to get used to shampooing my hair twice. This means that not only is the shampoo super pricey, it also doesn't last as long as other shampoos. Lastly, the bottle is kind of a pain...screw top, which can lead to some sticky situations if you're trying to handle the bottle with soapy hands and the bottle's top is off...watch out so you don't lose product!

I honestly don't care about the cons here, though. This is worth its weight in gold in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by scarlettvalentine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic stuff. I got a sample bottle of this from my former employer and, on a whim, tossed it into my overnight bag in a packing frenzy. The first night out of town, I hop into the shower & unscrew the lid on the tiny glass vial, & this amazing orange-blossom sent fills the bathroom. I thought it couldn't get much better, then I actually used the stuff (after standing there smelling it for a good five minutes). Oh, heaven. My hair is incredibly dry & damaged due to former hair coloring adventures & daily brutal heat styling. It requires daily styling in order to look half-way decent, & I was accustomed to a daily all-over flatiron in the name of not scaring the neighbours. I stepped out of the shower, put a pea-sized blob of Phyto7 in my shoulder-blade-length hair, & blew it dry. My hair was SOFT, bouncy, shiny, and the only thing that required a flatiron were my bangs due to shoddy blow-drying technique. Later I spoke with the Phyto rep & she advised me that this shampoo works so well because it is intended as a once-per-week shampoo to restore protein to the hair. Using it too often will result in breakage & general hair unhappiness. Alternate it with your favourite shampoo for results. This is now a staple & has me sold on the entire Phyto line. After all, who knows beauty better than the French?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by ravenshimmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great shampoo! This really helped my bleached hair years ago. I used this shampoo in conjunction with phytokarite conditioner and the results were amazing. If anyone is wondering whether to go with phytocitrus or phytonectar, I have tried both and definitely prefer phytonectar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ippyevie

This is the best shampoo I've ever used. My hair is black Asian hair, quite thick. My hair is generally very strong but I permed my hair in the last four years and that was the start of the problem. I permed my hair once a year on average. Right after perming it, it dried out, brittled and was so frizzy, just unmanageable. I had to wait it out for a couple of months for it to restore its natural strength so that my perm looks nice.

Now, this year I permed it once. Then within four weeks I did a low-light, then perm it again after I felt that the perm didn't hold up as much. My hair literally was destroyed. It was at the worst form ever! I was so panicked. I was recommended Phyto. I used this one because I went to the shop and that's all they carried.

This made such such such a difference to my hair. I use the shampoo in conjunction with the mask. After three washes, I think my hair is in its top form ever! Everywhere I go, random strangers (mostly girls) keeps telling me that I have such a nice hair. Some even came and asked me whether they can touch it. And I've never in my life received so many compliments about my hair. I forever indebted to Phyto. My curls just came alive, soft and are no longer frizzy. I just can't believe that just a shampoo would make so much difference in such a short period of time!

I have to admit though that although the mask was good, it didn't, right away, gives a smooth texture like a normal conditioner would do. However, I do think that it heals the hair fundamentally, rather than giving it a quick fix like most conditioners do. And I think that's what set Phyto apart. I really feel that my hair condition is being restored gradually, each and every wash, back to how it was before I did this perm, color, perm madness.

The other thing I like about it is the absence of Parabens. I just can't stand Parabens because it just makes my hair greasy after one day. With other normal shampoo, I had to wash my hair at least four times a week because of the greasiness. And I think that's what partly destroyed my hair because washing hair often would just wipe out the natural oil of the hair. And that makes it frizzy and unmanageable. With Phyto, I only wash my hair twice a week and I'll be fine!

I am very amazed with the result and I recommended all of my friends to use it. I love this product and I vow to use it as long as it works miracle like this on my hair!