October 21, 2014 | 1612 users online

Eyeliner - Palladio - Liquid Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat426

This is beyond my favorite eyeliner I've bought in awhile. I've used this for almost two years now, and really it takes the cake for me. I have to admit I'm a little biased, as I can't stand eyeliner that isn't liquid, but I can't see anyone hating this product. It's perfectly opaque, but honestly this can be a bad thing, considering you have to cover EVERY centimeter of your upper waterline or it'll look funky. It's pretty simple to apply, however it takes awhile to manipulate the felt tip to how you want it. I have two of these both in black, but I use my first brush as the newer brush is way too stiff to contour my eyeliner wings like I want too. By far this product is best used for Winged or Cat-eye eyeliner styles, and I wouldn't recommend using it for a basic waterline application as the liquid seeps into the eye and that can be quite horrendous. This product will last you all day and it's relatively easy to take off as opposed to other brands I've tried. This would be Five out of Five for me if it only didn't leak into eyes so easily, otherwise it's a must-have for those who love dramatic eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this eyeliner. I wanted a new liquid for personal use and I initially heard good things about this so I was excited to try.

After using this product on/off for a month or two now, my verdict is in. I hate it.

The pigmentation is average, the stay power is alright.... but my god, there is something in this product that causes my eyelids to burn like hell. At first I thought I needed to adjust to a new eyeliner, unti lI saw reviews that other people experienced the same thing. I kept using it to see if my adverse reaction would fade, but just today, I'm having this same issue! I don't understand what is in this product and it scares me off from using a lot of liquid eyeliners because I don't know what exactly it is in this product that causes such a harsh burn/sting.

Until Palladio decides to reformulate, this one purchase has completely turned me away from ever purchasing from this company. Just awful. I can't even imagine using on a client.

If you are looking for a cheap eyeliner that doesn't burn, try L'Oreal, I'm going back to it after this mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by loveshocked

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gone through my share of liquid eyeliners, but this is one of my favorites. It never smudges, draws on very precisely and the color is always very dark and pigmented just the way I like it. I wish the brush was a little thicker, and I run through them a little quickly, but otherwise, it's the perfect liquid eyeliner for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by drewalexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

allthough it was a bit expensive , the product worked really well. i dont know if its just me but after i applied it it kind of ...burned? like a burning sensation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

definitely one of my favorite liquid liners. so intensely pigmented, does not fade off during the day or smear or run. got this at ulta and it was inexpensive. i use it for my winged liner almost every day and ive had it for well over a year and it still has the same consistency it had when i first purchased it. you need this!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by venom1334

After years of using this product I've noticed that it's consistency is a lot more watery than before. As a result I find myself re-applying more often. Not only that but it smudges. I constantly have to clean up the bottom of my eye and even my eyelids because of how badly it smudges now.

I'm really disappointed. Not sure if they've changed their formula over the years but before it was a great product, very good with waterproofing, and lasted me all day with a jet black wing! Now, I have to check the mirror every hour in case I have lots of smudges under my eye.

Not sure what happened but it's time to find a new eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Palladio's eyeliner really lives up to its hype! I've heard lots of great reviews and recommendations on these liquid eyeliners, and I was quite impressed with their performance.
I have the classic black liquid liner, and I use this every day, religiously. I found the applicator very nice; the tip is much shorter than other liquid liners, and also much harder. Actually, I thought that this tip was much easier to get used to, and gave me greater control over my looks than the flimsier brush tips. Also, the wand is has a really long "handle", so it let me get a much better grip on it. Palladio's eyeliner gave me great control over the whole look, and was extremely easy to manipulate.
The color isn't perfect; the black is black, yes, but it is a more grey-black than pure black. However, once it's on your eyes, you really can't tell the difference. The liner's pigmentation is really good; however, I found that, if you have cream eyeshadow on, you need to let it fully dry before you put on the eyeliner. It doesn't really like to cooperate with wet cream shadows. I think it's a very versatile eyeliner, which can create lots of wearable looks; more on the thicker, dramatic side, but it's possible to get a thin line as well. Sometimes, you may need to draw the eyeliner on one more time after you put it on, because I've noticed that it sometimes tends to leave a small area of uneven liner, if you're doing a wing.
The staying power of the eyeliner wasn't all that amazing. My eyes water a lot, thanks to year-round allergies, and the eyeliner gets practically disintegrated by watery eyes, even with a solid layer of primer. I usually wear it when my eyes aren't too watery, or, what I like to do even more is to line the inner and outer corners of my eye with waterproof liquid liner to help boost its staying power. That way, it stays practically perfect on most days! If you're looking for something with amazing staying power, this is not the product.
The price of the eyeliner was really great; I got it for $6 at Sally Beauty Supply. Also, it lasts a while; I've been using it every single day since July, and it doesn't even seem like it's close to being used up! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love these eyeliners! Years ago I purchased Black Shimmer having never heard of the brand before, and I ended up loving it. It was my first liquid eyeliner, and admittedly, the only one I've used because I love it so much. I recently went out to repurchase some again since I just ran out of my last one, and came back with it in Black, Charcoal Blue, and Lavender. Black is.. well, black, and a very dark one at that, Charcoal Blue is a tiny bit lighter, and looks like a very dark grey with a touch of blue, and Lavender is a very pretty medium purple. Of all of the colors mentioned, Black is the only one that seems to have no shimmer, as seen in the swatches I uploaded. They stay put with a primer underneath every time, don't fade, and are gorgeous! I have no difficulty in application, but again, these are the only liquid liners I have used.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Fireball

I'm surprised at the high number of high reviews. The application process was fine, I thought the tip was a bit hard and the initial swipe of color is rather sheer. However, it is nicely buildable, so after I was finished doing a winged eyeliner look, I was quite happy.

My happiness level faded quickly when I looked at my eyes about halfway through my work day, and was mortified by what I saw. The eyeliner had smudged so much, it actually looked like was wearing eye shadow! It covered my entire eyelid.

I'm honestly terrified to use it again because of how it may smudge. I may try it under eye shadow in the future, but I'm a bit nervous.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dharsea

I love this eyeliner. I first bought it four years ago and have used it ever since. It stays in place and is easy to wipe off if you make a mistake. It only burned my eyes the first time I used it, and it wasn't even that bad at all. Some of the liner had gotten in my eye. If I had to choose between the applicator and my eyeliner brush, I'd go with the brush because it is easier to get finer lines than with the felt tip. To make the liner last longer on your face and help keep it from travelling, use a primer and powder before applying. I just use my foundation with some powder on my eyelid and that works just as well. I definitely will be buying this again in the future.