November 23, 2014 | 1958 users online

Primer/ Corrector - La Prairie - Rose Illusion - Line Filler/Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

This smells a bit like turkish delight. It goes on smoothly and you only need a tiny blob to cover whole face so the jar should last quite a long time. It feels a bit greasy at first but does make foundation glide on . I use it with Christain Dior´s bb cream and then lightly dust with La prairie loose powder. Don´t know if it helps keep my makeup intact but I think it has a positive effect on the overall look of my skin. I was fortunate to get this at 50% discount otherwise I don´t think I would fork out for the original price . I think I prefer the velvety sensation of Clarins primer in the Little red pot and it´s a lot cheaper although it doesn´t last as long.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To much silicones in it, doesn't accomplish what it promises, just leaves an oily like feeling on the skin and the foundation doesn't even apply properly on top of it. it's literally a waste of money. Just haven't gathered the courage to put it in the trash because of how expensive it was!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually quite like this primer. I cant really comment on how effective it fills lines since I dont have any yet but this really smooths over pores and make my foundation stay all day. My face usually gets very oily by noon and this product actually really controlled that and made my face matte all day without needing to blot or apply powder. This product has really made life easier for me.

Another great thing about this product is that it seriously makes concealer and foundation glide on. It also makes them blend really nicely onto my skin.

Overall a great primer for face definitely worth trying but I dont think I will repurchase after I run out (which wont be for another year or two) since it is quite expensive. I'll keep a lookout for cheaper alternatives!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by jljames4

Well to be quite honest I feel like I've been ripped off. In Robin McGraw's new book she talks about this product as though it were a MIRACLE in a bottle. For me it isn't any better than other brands that I have tried. I was able to get a jar at half the price and hope the hype was true. Unfortunately it is not. Don't get me wrong, it is a good product that "fills in" (to an extent) the various lines/wrinkles so that makeup doesn't settle into them when applied. I can't say that it is a MIRACLE though. MK's Line/Wrinkle reducer is as good as the LaPrairie and so is Perricone's, UD's, EL's......get my drift? If I had paid 100.00 for it I would be beside myself. Since I got it at half the price I guess I will just have to use what remains and remind myself that there is no Magic, Miracle cream that will totally eliminate lines/wrinkles........yet?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by manuelasaporitti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It makes my skin look more beautiful and youthful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never used primer in my life ----- everyone always told me how much easier my makeup would go on, but I just never liked primer ---- last year my sister gave me a bit of her MAC primer and I hated it and swore never again. I have a few light colored discolorations on the underneath of my chin and this is the only spot on my face where I need a bit of foundation to make look more natural to the rest of my skin tone, but foundations look a bit dry so I decided to splurge and get primer. I like the Rose Illusion filler - it is very thick but it works well with my foundation ---- however since I purchased this I noted that it still seems "dry" on my chin, although better looking than without primer and so I purchased Perfekt Primer from Sephora which is cheaper but works better. For those concerned with fine lines, I did try some of the Rose Illusion primer on my forehead where I have this forhead line, and it did a great job at covering it up ------ this is an average product as a primer, as I find that it could be better, but excellent as a fine line filler.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by miranets

During my period of obsessively lusting after primers of all sorts, this was probably the most expensive I have tried. Is a scent really necessary other than to fill in the marketing hype? This is a clear product, unlike Clarins Smooth Touch which is milky white. But like all silicone primers the finish is transparent. I find that the texture of this stuff lends it self to be easily over applied, as one dab in the pot brings up way more product than necessary to use. I have combo skin, with oily t-zone. This product has mediocre oil control properties, and does not have any power to help makeup adhere to the skin. There is some sort of pleasure and contentment associated with buying a luxury brand primer, but the same effects can be achieved with something like Pure Luxe Line Eraser, Monistat, or even OC 8.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by princessglamour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff!! I use the tiniest bit, just around the eyes & makes the skin around my eyes look & feel amazing.. Worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 8:06:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rose Illusion is a pure silicone crap. So what is all the hype? I wouldn't use it, I hate those kind of things.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by makawao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is magic!! I love how it instantly is absorbed by the skin.I follow it with the skin caviar foundation,Im not joking when I say that the combo of these products make you look perfect,Like you have been photoshopped!!