August 1, 2014 | 1882 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Minted Eye Kohl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like to use it in my water line smudged it with a white/bronzy eyeshadow look. It is a nice pop of color to rock during summertime. Mac eye khol are my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by TaraAliceBuckT

Such a beautiful blue-toned green color. Love using this on my lower lash line with neutral looks. It gives it a little something extra. This isn't the creamiest pencil but it's definitely not the driest I've ever used. I don't have to tug at my eyes, I just have to run it over the lash line a few times to get the pencil to warm up and spread. I'm not a huge fan of the true pencil liners, I prefer the twist up versions, but this is such a beautiful color that I'll continue to purchase it and sharpen it down

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by aspasia1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful crisp green color, very good color payoff, very soft and silky application. My eyes are light brown and I am sure that, no matter how good it looks on them, its going to be even better for dark brown eyes. For me its a nice change from the usual, more "neutral" colors.
Will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by ms_devine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have repurchased this one 3 times. Makes my dark brown eyes pop and is the most amazing green. I don't find that its hard to apply or you have to tug at your eyes, goes on fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing color, horrible texture. This liner, like all MAC liners i've tried, is really dry and hard. it tugs and scratches at my skin when i use it, even when i try to "warm it up" on the back of my hand. After multiple attempts at using MAC liners i'll only now use UD 24/7 liners as they're waaaaay smoother, silkier and more pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Ultra vivd, this venonmous green begs to be noticed. It blends well and is unlike any green liner I have ever worn before and worn alone over UD's Sin, Virgin, or MAC's Rice Paper or Vex, Minted makes my blue/gray eys pop. I top it off with Too Face's Starry Eyed teal glitter eye liner in Drunk Dial and it looks simply amazing! While I prefer UD's 24/7 eye liners over MAC because they are more creamy and full proof, this color is to die for and it has long staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to wear a MAC Eye Crayon, that they discontinued. This is the color of the Eye Crayon. (I still have one of the eye crayons in mint.) It goes perfectly with Juxt, another staple color I have.

It doesn't transfer to my slightly droopy lid, it stays put. It is bright green, but doesn't look alienish. It highlights my brown eyes, and I absolutely love it. It wears well on the inside of my lower lid, and my upper lid. The color goes with anything I wear that is green toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by paulamarie

Lovely color, and stays on well. Previous to owning this, I'd used L'Oreal Wear Infinité Long Lasting Powder Eyeliner in "Emerald," which was a very similar shade, but it didn't last as well, and it was so soft that it was impossible to sharpen without breakage. MAC Minted is soft enough to apply easily, but solid enough to be able to sharpen it to a nice point. It's a little more of a bluish-green than the L'Oreal. Here's how I like to wear it: MAC Tempting shadow on my eyelid, upper lashline lined in Bobbi Brown "Chocolate Shimmer" gel eyeliner, and line just the lower lashline with Minted. Really brings out my blue eyes! Since I prefer a slightly greener shade, I also use a stiff angled eyeliner brush to go over the lower lashline in MAC "Humid" shadow. It helps to set it in as well as make it slightly greener. It's a dramatic eye look but not OTT.
So glad I just found this under my bed! It had been missing for a few weeks. I don't use this shade as often as "Teddy," a bronze MAC eyeliner, but I will likely repurchase once I've used this one up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by DarkDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing color. It's a blue-green, emerald-metallic.
It doesn't smudge when applied, but goes on easily.
When I wear this eyeliner, I get a lot of compliments.
It's a vivid color with great pigmentation.
It's looks nice alone, but paired with other shadows, it gives your look that extra little 'oomph', a little extra touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner. This and Mac forever green are my daily favorites. When I first got Minted, I thought it was too much color- too vivid for my taste. But once it's blended, it's just right. It also layers well with other Mac eyeliners. Combined with forever green makes a more vivid green-blue hue but more subtle than minted by itself. Putting it over Mac tealo liner makes a great dramatic evening look because you get the color depth of tealo but the added brightness and shimmer from minted.

For a daytime look, I wear minted blended over Mac rubenesque paint pot on my lids (sometimes I put Mac All that Glitters on my lids over rubenesque) and add a touch of Amber Lights in the outer crease and outer V.

My only concern is that it doesn't seem very popular. The sales staff is always surprised when I ask for it at the Mac counter and they rarely have much in stock. But based on these reviews, it sounds like there are similar colors out there if it's ever discontinued.