December 19, 2014 | 1234 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Repairwear Extra Help Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by chengkx

A powerhouse of a serum that contains potent antioxidants (in the form of several varieties of tea and plant extracts), water-binding agents and other skin-beneficial ingredients.

What would have been an otherwise stellar formulation is marred by the inclusion of alcohol as the fifth ingredient. Alcohol is of no extra help to skin but may cause dryness and irritation. A disappointing product in Clinique's otherwise excellent Repairwear line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The repairwear night cream did nothing for my skin. I never tried this with the cream since I returned the cream, but like someone else said I'm not sure I believe they work synergystically. My skin absolutely LOVES this serum, though.
If you have tried EL's serum in the brown bottle (I've never really noticed any effects from that), you will be surprised at how much nicer this goes on--silky, emollient, without greasiness, and the visible and immediate change in your skin. In the morning, your skin will be radiant, hydrated, smoother, and plumper. A definite winner from clinique.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2005 8:52:00 AM More reviews by cucas87

This broke me out very badly the first time I used it. I have tried it 3 times, for a few nights each time, just to be sure. I'm not sure what ingredient bothers my skin, but it doesn't work for me. That said, the texture is nice and it absorbs well. I'll be returning mine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 1:15:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have never experienced a "serum" that is so hydrating. It does have denatured alcohol close to the beginning of the (really long) ingredients list. You can sort of smell it. It doesn't seem to affect it though. It makes my skin feel good. I'm not sure I believe the claim that this "boosts" the effects of the night lotion or cream. Of course I am only 25, so I'm still not needing that much help with anti-aging. I'm more inclined to think it is another way for them to make you think you need to buy an extra product, which cosmetic companies love to do! On that note, I am not positive I will repurchase this. I may just use the Intensive Night Lotion by itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2004 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

I think there's some confusion below regarding the product being reviewed: Repairwear Extra Help Serum is *not* greasy or oily at all, and is a 'serum' (re: very thin gel-like skin treatment) not a cream.

I was using the Repairwear Intensive Night Cream when I received the Repairwear Extra Help Serum. I was happy with the glowing, fresh-looking skin that Repairwear Night Cream gives me, but I decided to try the serum after an SA told me it would 'speed up the results.' I was skeptical, but I'm skeptical no more! This lightweight, slighly slippery serum goes on smooth and has a cooling, tingly effect on my skin. I then apply the serum before I apply the cream. The results: Even skin tone (so I no longer have to wear foundation anymore), radiant, and smooth skin! Definitely worth 5 lippies! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2003 9:32:00 PM More reviews by wilbil9090

This was the answer I was looking for. Night creams can be a nightmare to shop for. Cosmetic counters promise this and that. Television commercials make people wonder-thus making us the consumer to pay for various products. From Origins to Nivea, I've tried them all. WOW! After a month using REPAIRWEAR NIGHTCREAM I decided to buy the serum to use with the cream. Best decision EVER! Since your skin starts to get used to the cream, the serum helped boost the effects and results. Two months using the products, I have seen results that make me happy I am pampering my skin. EVERYONE should try this!!! Go to the cosmetic counter and ask for a sample! You will be rewarded!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2003 10:55:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

PRICE: US$45.00

This makes my skin look glowing and hydrated like the Intensive Night Cream does, but it's a bit on the greasy side - surprisingly because you'd expect the serum to be totally not greasy and the night cream to be! But anyway, I let the serum take 5 mins to absorb before putting on the Night Cream and I wake up with really alive looking skin. A big thumbs up for Clinique's Repairwear range - I never liked any of their skincare and am impressed they came out with these gems!

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2003 9:35:00 PM More reviews by awhyte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying samples of the serum and creme, I bought both. These products brought immediate results! My skin looks brighter, refreshed, and firm in the morning. I'm sold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2003 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I am usually not a big Clinique user, but I just had to try this new serum. Comes in a 1 ounce size, it is a silky clear serum. I like to use it at night with the Repairwear Cream. Skin looks and feels silky smooth in the morning. Great product.