October 25, 2014 | 1437 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Liquid Lip Smacker in Cotton Candy

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know how, nor do I remember buying any of these little Liquid Lip Smackers, but I have a ton of them EVERYWHERE! This one is my least favorite so naturally I tried to use this one up first. Almost out, but I don't think I can really do it, so I am either going to throw it away or give it to someone. Probably the latter. I am not a huge fan of cotton candy, actually. This is really actually made for younger people, which I am young and all, but not young enough to deserve this as lip gloss. I'm not really a kid or anything. I usually don't really prefer the lip glosses with the doe foot applicator. I like them and all and don't have anything against them, but they tend to not have a lot of product and not as easy to apply as a tube one, which is why I hunt for tube. This only has .09oz in it, which is so pathetic. What's even more pathetic is that it is probably around $3 in price (not quite 100% sure, but I know I am close) and is cheaply made. First of all, the average lip balm has .15oz of product. This is about half that. Not that much product. The smell is querky too. It almost smells like a sugary-musky-cotton candy scent. Not very bright and playful and preppy, in my opinion. Kind of a hint of chemicals in the smell, too. It's just so off. And too strong of a smell. And it's clear, which personally isn't my favorite just because I don't quite see the point in clear gloss. I mean, I do see the point, but I would much rather get something tinted, even a bit. All this adds is shine. And if you put it on over lip color, the lip color gets all over the applicator, staining it and making it look nasty every time you apply it after that. I hate the texture of it. It is kind of slick and wet-like, but it is also entirely way too thick. When you try rubbing your lips together it slides, but it feels like a thick layer of goo. The packaging is kind of cheap, and the top handle is opaque and you can see through it so you can see where the applicator is glued in and all. Ugh. I mean, this is great for little kids and all who want to wear makeup and lip gloss, but it doesn't quite cut it for people who are wearing real makeup. I guess I was able to use some of the product, which was why I didn't give it a complete flat-out one lipstick, but it does make your lips look glossy and nice. Just the experience isn't quite up to par. Just not my thing, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by cakexcuddles

This is one of my favorites since middle school. The packaging is fun while it's cheap. I like that they give you such a small amount because clear lipgloss starts looking dirty fast so it's nice to be able to change in a relatively short amount of time. Yes, this lipgloss is sticky. Not good for making out, but good for a normal day as long as it's not super windy. It tastes and smells really good. Since I love bonne bell products as a girl the product just makes me really happy and puts me in a good mood when I wear it. My boyfriend likes it and thinks it tastes like monster energy drinks for whatever reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this stuff when I was about 16. I thought it smelled pretty awesome, and from what I remember it really did smell pretty cotton candyish. I remember it tasting yummy too, much better than most lip glosses. This was the first lip gloss I actually repurchased and went through 2 full tubes of. Haven't used it in years, I sort of got away from the Lip Smackers brand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I don't really like this that much. Not only does it taste nasty, but it smells atrocious too. Toss!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by LadyLuck0406

My friend bought this lip gloss in vanilla and when I tasted it- I fell in love! On my next trip to Target I grabbed one in cotton candy and loved it as well! It's slim, sleek, cute, and it does it's job! It glosses your lips in clear, making them shiny and gorgeous! Sometimes it gets sticky on the outside- the handle, etc. Definitely would buy again.
(Later, I was in a fruity NYC gloss phase and after a few months I found my Lip Smackers- then it was really sticky and nasty!)
Don't let this throw you off- just be sure to use your gloss consistently, or if you don't, don't expect it to be in perfect condition when you come back to it!)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by giddymakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this the smell is great to me it has no taste its shiny but not too shiny

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by surfergirl_81

Ugh. This was a waste of money. It smells good, but it tastes awful. Currently going through a cotton candy kick, I thought I would try this gloss. Glad I didn't waste much money on it. It is goopy, but the taste is what really gets me. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by shalalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF! Cute, attractive and convenient packaging. Great smell, taste and high-end quality shine & conditions lips. What mare could you want?! Cotton Candy, Sugar Chrystals and Vanilla are my favorite!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ccricket

Smells almost identical to industrial toilet bowl cleaner. The taste is along the lines of burnt plastic. I'm glad it was only $2, because it went into the trash immediately.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2006 2:39:00 PM More reviews by strandzie

I bought this product last week at Target for under $3. I think it does smell like cotton candy for the most part. It IS synthetic so I'm not surprised it doesn't have an exact cotton candy smell. Duh! The only real complaint I have is that it numbs my lips. I'm not sure why that is. The gloss isn't too thick, but it does tend to be sticky feeling after awhile. It'd be nice if glosses kept the same wet/slippery feeling they have right when you put them on. Oh well! I said I'd purchase it again because I didn't think it was the worst thing ever and it WAS cheap so.... I'll put up with the weird numbing sensation, but I'll probably try a few other products first before repurchasing.