July 30, 2014 | 2098 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Veganese conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Veganese is a fairly standard, lightweight conditioner. It was pretty good on my pre-bleached hair but I now use a stronger conditioner (Lush American Cream) to deal with the damage to my hair.
It smells really nice and is vegan, if that's your thing. It's also expensive as all Lush products are, but lasts a while if you don't use it every day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by KaiteKins

Got a sample of this. It smells okay, kinds like vanilla and is kinda watery. works okay on my fine straight hair, but it is not a "heavy-duty" conditioner if that is what you're looking for. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by rope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love lush but their hair stuff is really hit and miss. I've got fussy curly fine and frizzy hair, I'm also having extra fun with it recently as I recently had a baby so my hormones are messing my already messed up hair up further. I love this conditioner. I am supposed to not love it since its for straight hair, but it does a far better job of detangling than other lush conditioners. The same is lovely. Unlike American cream it tames frizz and unlike retread it doesn't leave residue. Laavvvlllyyy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

I got this as a gift with one of the solid shampoo bars, the sales assistant recommended it to the person who gifted me with it and I'm liking it a lot. Before you look into getting this for yourself, my adivce is to evaluate your hair type because as they state on the product, this is for thick, straight (asian) type of hair, and it definitely is. My hair, although not asian, pretty much fits the picture, it's not exactly straight but its thick and dry at the end and this conditioner is perfect to get a healthy sheen without weighing it down. The consistency is very light but you don't have to use a lot to get the desired effect, unless you have really long hair of course. I'd recommend this if you're looking for a good cruelty-free conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by leprechauness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very thin, pale yellow conditioner with a strong lemon and lavender scent. Obviously this is a light conditioner, so if your hair is damaged or very dry, you probably won't find this enough. However, this definitely does give the hair some moisture, making it shiny, smooth, and less static. I don't quite find this softening enough for my dry ends, but for the healthier parts of my hair this performs fine. I think Veganese is a good choice regardless of hair type if your hair is in relatively good condition and if you want your hair to feel clean and have some natural volume. The only real problem for me is the scent, which is so incredibly strong that it sometimes irritates my nasal passages (I have the same issue with the I Love Juicy shampoo). I don't really like the scent, either, as I'm not a fan of lavender, but it's not terrible either. Still, I do like the scent in American Cream a million times better. I'm not sure if I would buy this again, but for now I'll say yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Ju1i9

I love this stuff so much :O At first I was worried because upon application it doesn't feel like conditioner usually does, slippery & leaving a coating on the hair. To me It feels like rubbing a lotion onto my hair & I can't feel it sitting on the hair while I let it soak in. However when I rinse my hair it feels so soft & slippery smooth. It smells like soft sweet lemons & my hair dries shiny & smooth & smelling gorgeous. It also makes my hair feel weightless & really swingable. Combined with the fact it's vegan & animal friendly means I couldn't love this product more! I'll be committing to the bigger bottle once my baby sized one run outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Cali22

I have really long, thin color treated wavy hair. I use many shampoos and conditioners but I like to use this one when I don't want my hair to be weighed down or when I notice frizz closer to the roots of my hair. This is the only conditioner I have ever used that I can put on the whole length of my hair (almost to the roots) without it being greasy after. It smoothes those little baby hairs and frizz at the top that don't usually get conditioned. I like to use it when I am going to scrunch my hair. It makes my hair feel very light and nice. I just repurchased the big bottle, I like it and have been reaching for it more often lately. Also enjoy the smell- lemony and also weirdly reminds me of cola for some reason... I do use it up quite fast though, as I use more of it each time than I would with other conditioners. It is not a deep conditioner but I notice more conditioning if I use a bit more than normal. Kind of expensive, but I usually buy higher end hair care so it doesn't make a difference to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jpe020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The lush lady at the store recommended this for my thick curly hair... WTF! I got home and read the package and it said it was for fine, straight hair. The complete opposite of mine. Those lush ladies are sometimes too quick to make a sell.

Oh well, lucky I just brought the travel size bottle.

This conditioner is definitely not a deep conditioner at all. It's VERY thin and light. HOWEVER, I have been using this conditioner in between washes (just massaging in my hair instead of shampoo) and it is really good for that purpose. As it is super light, it doesn't weight my hair down.

I will definitely buy this again as an in-between wash conditioner, and also if I feel my hair is getting a lot of product build-up (I usually use a deep condition treatment for conditioner each time) then I will use this veganese conditioner to give my hair a nice light feeling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I really loved this with I Love Juicy shampoo. The combo made my loads of thick, medium-coarse hair puff in volume while maintaining a sleek and smooth fall. My hair felt light and bouncy, but not miraculously wonderful. It didn't add enough moisture for my dry and brittle ends to plump up again, but not many products barring a deep conditioner can.

I would buy this again for summer hair. It smells lovely, the texture and slip are nice, and the results are very pretty. Recommended for vegans wanting bouncy hair! East to find vegan products are wonderful. I also recommend it for those that need a medium-moisture-giving conditioner that won't weight hair down more than it needs to. Lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought Veganese after a great SA suggested it to me. I love the smell of it and I love how it stays in my hair lightly for the rest of the day.
After using this I think I've gotten to realize that all the LUSH conditioners are very light and require a lot of product. I have the medium sized bottle of Veganese and I have began to switch it up with the American Cream which seems to be working well. I will also use my other products on days when I don't have anything to do and don't care what my hair might look like.

The Veganese conditions well enough on my ends if I use a wide comb in the shower to try and make sure I spread it through. I like how it washes out clean - that's the idea of the LUSH products - so that they don't leave buildup and it has been the only thing that has helped keep my hair from getting oily within 4-5 hours every day!

I will purchase this conditioner again, because it does work better than anything else for my oily hair and scalp.