September 18, 2014 | 1361 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Veganese conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have coarse dry, black, slightly curly long hair that tends to be difficult to manage, don't have split ends but the ends can tangle up quite easily. I used to pick up very rich and moisturizing conditioners for permed and dyed hair, yes, they generally can do the job right, but dislike the very artificially smoothness and silkiness that left on my hair, my scalp felt suffocated, and my hair seemed to get dirty and greasy very quickly, that's something I'd hate to have during hot hot summer days.

Last month I walked by Lush and being attracted by the rich aroma, I decided to take a look. I asked for a light but moisturizing, the SA showed Veganese to me. I got a bottle of 500ml, together with a bottle of Cynthia, 500 ml.

I would call this a very hydrating conditioner, instead of "moisturing". This is light, lemony and subduedly herbal. I paired it up with my soapberry shampoo as well as Cynthia, both work out great. It seems to soften my hair quite a bit, gives it a natural shine and incredibly soft and smooth, not heavy or greasy. The scent is very uplifting, citrus might not be my favorite scent, but definitely makes me happy. I don't put it on my scalp, although you can apply on the scalp with this one. The only "complaint" is it's a slightly bit runny, but I won't call it a problem.

I presume 1 bottle of 500ml can last me 2 months with daily wash. It's on the expensive side, but when you do the math, doesn't seem too bad, considering I have very thick, long hair that's nearly reaching my waist, I probably consume it more than most people do.

Nearly half of a bottle is gone, I'm very happy with the quality, I will repurchase it again. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Veganese is a fairly standard, lightweight conditioner. It was pretty good on my pre-bleached hair but I now use a stronger conditioner (Lush American Cream) to deal with the damage to my hair.
It smells really nice and is vegan, if that's your thing. It's also expensive as all Lush products are, but lasts a while if you don't use it every day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by KaiteKins

Got a sample of this. It smells okay, kinds like vanilla and is kinda watery. works okay on my fine straight hair, but it is not a "heavy-duty" conditioner if that is what you're looking for. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by rope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love lush but their hair stuff is really hit and miss. I've got fussy curly fine and frizzy hair, I'm also having extra fun with it recently as I recently had a baby so my hormones are messing my already messed up hair up further. I love this conditioner. I am supposed to not love it since its for straight hair, but it does a far better job of detangling than other lush conditioners. The same is lovely. Unlike American cream it tames frizz and unlike retread it doesn't leave residue. Laavvvlllyyy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

I got this as a gift with one of the solid shampoo bars, the sales assistant recommended it to the person who gifted me with it and I'm liking it a lot. Before you look into getting this for yourself, my adivce is to evaluate your hair type because as they state on the product, this is for thick, straight (asian) type of hair, and it definitely is. My hair, although not asian, pretty much fits the picture, it's not exactly straight but its thick and dry at the end and this conditioner is perfect to get a healthy sheen without weighing it down. The consistency is very light but you don't have to use a lot to get the desired effect, unless you have really long hair of course. I'd recommend this if you're looking for a good cruelty-free conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by leprechauness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very thin, pale yellow conditioner with a strong lemon and lavender scent. Obviously this is a light conditioner, so if your hair is damaged or very dry, you probably won't find this enough. However, this definitely does give the hair some moisture, making it shiny, smooth, and less static. I don't quite find this softening enough for my dry ends, but for the healthier parts of my hair this performs fine. I think Veganese is a good choice regardless of hair type if your hair is in relatively good condition and if you want your hair to feel clean and have some natural volume. The only real problem for me is the scent, which is so incredibly strong that it sometimes irritates my nasal passages (I have the same issue with the I Love Juicy shampoo). I don't really like the scent, either, as I'm not a fan of lavender, but it's not terrible either. Still, I do like the scent in American Cream a million times better. I'm not sure if I would buy this again, but for now I'll say yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Ju1i9

I love this stuff so much :O At first I was worried because upon application it doesn't feel like conditioner usually does, slippery & leaving a coating on the hair. To me It feels like rubbing a lotion onto my hair & I can't feel it sitting on the hair while I let it soak in. However when I rinse my hair it feels so soft & slippery smooth. It smells like soft sweet lemons & my hair dries shiny & smooth & smelling gorgeous. It also makes my hair feel weightless & really swingable. Combined with the fact it's vegan & animal friendly means I couldn't love this product more! I'll be committing to the bigger bottle once my baby sized one run outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Cali22

I have really long, thin color treated wavy hair. I use many shampoos and conditioners but I like to use this one when I don't want my hair to be weighed down or when I notice frizz closer to the roots of my hair. This is the only conditioner I have ever used that I can put on the whole length of my hair (almost to the roots) without it being greasy after. It smoothes those little baby hairs and frizz at the top that don't usually get conditioned. I like to use it when I am going to scrunch my hair. It makes my hair feel very light and nice. I just repurchased the big bottle, I like it and have been reaching for it more often lately. Also enjoy the smell- lemony and also weirdly reminds me of cola for some reason... I do use it up quite fast though, as I use more of it each time than I would with other conditioners. It is not a deep conditioner but I notice more conditioning if I use a bit more than normal. Kind of expensive, but I usually buy higher end hair care so it doesn't make a difference to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jpe020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The lush lady at the store recommended this for my thick curly hair... WTF! I got home and read the package and it said it was for fine, straight hair. The complete opposite of mine. Those lush ladies are sometimes too quick to make a sell.

Oh well, lucky I just brought the travel size bottle.

This conditioner is definitely not a deep conditioner at all. It's VERY thin and light. HOWEVER, I have been using this conditioner in between washes (just massaging in my hair instead of shampoo) and it is really good for that purpose. As it is super light, it doesn't weight my hair down.

I will definitely buy this again as an in-between wash conditioner, and also if I feel my hair is getting a lot of product build-up (I usually use a deep condition treatment for conditioner each time) then I will use this veganese conditioner to give my hair a nice light feeling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I really loved this with I Love Juicy shampoo. The combo made my loads of thick, medium-coarse hair puff in volume while maintaining a sleek and smooth fall. My hair felt light and bouncy, but not miraculously wonderful. It didn't add enough moisture for my dry and brittle ends to plump up again, but not many products barring a deep conditioner can.

I would buy this again for summer hair. It smells lovely, the texture and slip are nice, and the results are very pretty. Recommended for vegans wanting bouncy hair! East to find vegan products are wonderful. I also recommend it for those that need a medium-moisture-giving conditioner that won't weight hair down more than it needs to. Lovely!