October 30, 2014 | 966 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - Ombre Plume in 826 Touch Of Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mayag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly, This shade of the Ombre Plume doesn't apply as smoothly and evenly as it's shade-sister, Green Mirage. Somehow, even after a lot of blending (brush/fingers/attached foam applicator) it accentuated the wrinkley and dry skin of my eyelids. I recommed using it as base with a synthetic brush and wash it over with a powder eyeshadow with a sable brush (like Chanel's Ombre Unique in Horizon*, which is practically the same shade). Still, the color is very beautiful and light reflecting: a light and slightly frosty cold-rose. Also, the shade looks on the skin exactly like in the tube.
My Tips for Evening Wear (29, Chanel's Voile Universel in Pastel*, brown eyes&hair): I grab some product directly from the applicator of the Ombre Plume with Chanel's #1 Eye Shadow Brush*, and blend it onto my upper lids. I start from the center of the lids and move sideways, staying within the creases contours. I then wash it over, and highlight my brow-bones, with Chanel's Ombre Unique in Horizon*, using Chanel's #2 Eyeshadow brush*. I define my creases with Lancome's Colour Focus in Golden Brown, usind Chanel's #12 Contour Shadow Brush. With the same shade I line the outer 2/3rds on my lower eyelids, using Chanel's #4 liner Brush*, starting from the outer corners. With the same brush, I line my upper lids with the black eyeshadow from Chanel's Eye Essencials*, and blend carefully. Using the wet eyeliner applicator from this palette, I re-line my upper lids thickly with the black cake-eyeliner. I apply Guerlain's Eye pencil in Givre Nacre #8* on my lower eye-rims, and finish with Lancome's Definicils Mascara in Black*. *=See my other reviews!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2003 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Finally cream shadows that arent so sheer you wonder what color it is. These cream shadows are very pigmented but can be worn very sheerly. Last almost all day without creasing! Touch of Rose is a very bright bubblegum pink. Looks great sheered out on the browbone but also nice for some pop on the lid! Very bright!

*update* After using more products i realize that this is just ok. It doesnt hold shadows as long as my UD Primer Potion and has slight creasing in comparison. Wont repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2003 6:28:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

Not one of my fave Ombre Plume shades, but would be great on cool-toned complexions. This is a very cool-toned pink, with a bluish opalescence. Pretty, but kind of bubblegum pink on my warm skin tone.