April 19, 2014 | 1775 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Colour in Sherazade

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have only got into eyeshadows in the last few months having only worn matte pale eyeshadow on my lids. After getting my eyes done at laura mercier and buying a few liz Earle shadows I am now getting up fifteen minutes earlier in the morn just to prime my lids and apply two if not three colours to my lids. I adore the laura mercier shadows. They are easy to port as single shadows, true to colour and great longevity. The colours are just lovely. Sherazade is a beautiful olive golden green which works well with fresco, cafe au lait and cognac. Sherazade is my attempt to step out of the brown comfort zone and add some more colour to my eyes. I love it, it looks great as a crease colour or as a gentle wash over the lid. I applied it half five this morn and it is still wearing well after a frantic day at work and journey home. It also is gorgeous under the eye as a softer alternative to eyeliner. Just a beautiful shade and even flattering with my blue-grey eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by ceen

An unusual, soft, golden-green. Extremely finely milled, so much so in fact that mine has fragmented over time and is now in pieces in the pan. So no points for packaging, then. Still, no denying it's a beautiful colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Sherazade is a light olive shimmer. I love the texture and the way it
looks on my hazel eyes. An old fave in my collections. I don't wear
it that often, but it's really a gem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I wanted this eyeshadow for a long time, it's such a gorgeus gold/khaki green but I was afraid it wouldn't work on my fair/cool skin, I thought it would give me like a bruised/dirty look but I was wrong.
Sherazade is a stunning color that applies like butter, blends well and looks really pretty. I have light green/slightly blue eyes (no gold or brown in them) and Sherazade makes them pop. This eyeshadow most likely will work on all skin tones, especially on warm/golden complexions. My friend who wears this eyeshadow on a daily basis pairs it with Mac's Amber Lights, she wears Amber Lights on the brow bone and it looks stunning on her golden warm complexion.
For me Amber Lights is too coppery and warm so I pair Sherazade with Lancome's Up Till Dawn eyeshadow, which is a beautiful pale/creamy/slightly green/gold color, and as with all good things unfortunately it's discontinued. Sherazade is a beautiful unique green, with an amazing formula that does not crease or fade, after 10hrs my eyes looked as if I just did them. I can see Sherazade work well with Mac's Shroom,Vanilla and a few others, for those with warmer complexions a pale gold will look beautiful. Sherazade is a color that will be a staple in my eyeshadow collection and can be used all year round, applied with a light hand it makes a lovely daytime eyeshadow yet it can be worn at night if paired with a proper darker color for a dramatic night time sultry look. For reference Im not a fan of LM product's and this is my second eyeshadow and the quality of her eyeshadows I must say is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by pussycat74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A beautiful olive-gold. I use either as a wash using a ponytail brush, or as an eyeliner over LM Black Gold pencil. Also looks good with black or brown pencil on the inner rim. There are lots of ways to wear this, it's a surprisingly versatile colour, certainly, I think, for anyone with warm skin tone and brown or hazel eyes. Great staying power when used with LM eye base, put both on this morning and at 6pm it's as good as when first applied - and I have very oily eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As with so many other Laura Mercier eye shadows I only use this as an eye liner simply because colors look so dull and brown/grey when on the skin. I only use this wet. The color is not like that on the skin. It is not the nice goldish green rather dull brown. I have used better eye shadows from Cover Girl and Clinique. I can not really recommend this. I would not believe why to pay the price for this crap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This is the prettiest, olive-green/khaki-gold eyeshadow I have ever used! I love this e/s because it makes a great crease and liner color, and it blends well with most pastel and neutral shadows. For a quick eye-look, I used LM's Creme Eye Colour to Go in SHELL all over the lids and up to the brows. I then used my MAC 224 and dusted some SHERAZADE in the crease and outer third of the lids. Followed this with my MAC 266 to line under the eyes w/ SHERAZADE. (Tightlined upper lids with MAC Blacktrack Fluidline.) Applied generous dose of Clinique Lash Doubling mascara (after curling lashes, of course) and this was good to go. Quick, pretty, daytime eye! Looks great with hazel-green & brown eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by verybridgetjones

This is my Holy Grail green eyeshadow! It's an absolutely stunning golden olive shade. The texture is smooth and it is a dream to work with. I have hazel eyes and this really makes the green in my eyes pop! I get tons of compliments when I wear this on my lids with MAC Shroom to highlight, and then I tightline with LM's Black Ebony Cake liner. It's a beautiful look, a beautiful green shadow that I'll actually USE, a bit pricey but I would absolutely repurchase this. And I actually kind of like LM's packaging, it's a petty shimmery brown compact with a mirror, a good amount of product, only a little inconvenient because all her packaging looks the same so I have to search around to find what I'm looking for. Still, 5 full lippies from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2005 1:32:00 PM More reviews by greek1

This is a dark olive green with gold shimmer. It has become one of my favorite shadows. I love how it looks with my almost black eyes, even for a daytime look. But my favorite is to use it for smokey eye paired with LM Black Smoke eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Koni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've rediscovered this color in my stash! It's neutral green to wear everyday as it goes on sheerly. I'd forgotten how long the LM shadows last and what a nice texture they have. The only drawback is the brown packaging, not my favorite. I have greenish hazel eyes and this makes them look greener.