September 18, 2014 | 1896 users online

Masks - Elizabeth Arden - Clear the Way

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the BEST mask for my sensitive, yet acne prone dry skin. Actually this is more like a scrub than a mask, because it is scrubby and it does not dry to your skin like a mask.
I usually use this in the shower after washing my face with cleanser. I use quite a lot of it, spread it around and leave it for about five minutes. Then I carefully massage my face and wash the mask away.

Next day my skin is soft and usually most of the big comedos are gone. It also dries oridinary breakouts. I just love this and I could not live without this.

I like the light fragrance, the elegant tube and the formula. Everything is perfect, except that I have to buy it online since they dont sell it here where I live.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by zoolosophy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very good exfoliating product!!
It really does clean my face, didn't break me out.
Price great for the amount of product.vDefinitely will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by fluffybaconcat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this as liked other Elizabeth Arden products and wasn't disappointed. This product is not too harsh yet effective and particles are spherical which means it will not scratch/damage skin. GIves a light cooling sensation due to peppermint extract, salicylic acid takes care of break outs. Also mattifies without drying out and i've noticed it reduced the size of my enlarged pores. Definitely something to consider for 2in1 lovers as can be used in 2 ways. I use it as a mask when don't need to exfoliate but need something to absorb oil and as a scrub to make skin glow. Has an unusual scent but it's not a strong one. Happy overall, the packaging is a bit of a headache, don't like screwing the cap back on with my hands covered in scrub/mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by dowagerprincess17

I have acne prone oily skin . I do get acne but not the big cystic ones. I decided to try this cleansing mask because well, this was cheap and also personally i like EA brand. So I got this for 9.99$ and used this just as described. First time result- my pores have become squeaky clean, skin has become brighter BUT i have many invisble tiny bumps over my face (especially on my forehead). Second time- same results, the tiny invisible bumps have reduced in number. I have been using it for 2-3 weeks, and breakouts have significantly reduced. However, I still have tiny bumps. I think thats because I dont use a toner but you never know! For now, we share a love/hate relationship !!! Not gonna buy again, looking for cheaper and better alternative.

Update : Did not help my clogged pores however hard I tried. Switched to clay masks

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually bought this product for 8.99 marshalls. i'm no bargain hunter and my mom seems to think you can buy anything at discounts. Well, not my Burberry clothes, and certainly none of my purses are ever discounted. Well this is no Red Door Salon treatment but compared to masks i paid quadruple the price for, it works great. I have a case of acne and it actually helped relieve the redness and cleared up my skin. i think the key to using this product is to use a lot of it, and keep it on for ten minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Littlel07

I purchased this product on clearance at TJ Maxx - $4.99. This is the first ever Elizabeth Arden product I have ever purchased - even though it was on a whim - with the price, who could blame me.

Best product compared to my usual routine mask. I was alternating between the Queen Helene Mint Julip mask and the Booths Volanco Mud mask. This Elizabeth Arden mask has taken the top seat against both of them.

I only use this product once a week and leave it on for about 5-10 mins. I love that it first exfoliates the skin to help penetrate deep into the pores. As the mask dries, if hardens, but not too hard like other masks. Once I hop in the shower and wash it off, my face feels super soft and super clean. During the winter, my skin seems to take a turn for the worst with acne with all the dry skin.

With adding this mask to my routine, I noticed the frequency and redness of breakouts decrease with every use.

Now, I love reading other reviews to see what others are saying... many have said that this mask does not help clear their break out, but they have only used it for 1-2 weeks. with ANY product, to see maximum results you have to use the product continously for at least 4 weeks. Especially with acne prone skin.

Masks actually have two jobs...to help heal what is already present and what is residing under the skin. Many times, with masks,scrubs (you name it) they are penetrating deep down into the skin and pores leaving your skin to PURGE any impurities that is lying under the skin layer to the top (outside). unfortunetly, you are left with a purge breakout, but the product WAS working. all those pimple were hiding under your skin and would and could have errupted evenutally.

With most products once your skin finished it purge breakout, your skin should normalize to a better level of control.

Give it a go, just for a little longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

I have bought this a few times and I love it as an exfoliating scrub. It's great for oily skin, not sure how it is for acne- I can imagine the huge granules may well irritate sensitive skin and active spots. However, used on damp skin (as instructed) then vigorously massaged in and then left to sit for a few minutes before rinsing, this really does leave your skin glowing, smooth and very very clean.

This reminds me of Clinique's scrub but more intensive. I really think it's a great staple and good value too (*I didn't get a special price).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by MACismyLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a general mask that works well, I use it once a week or before a night out and it does make my face feel alot smoother and softer! However Im not too sure how it works on spots and you may need a special medicated treatment mask for blemishes as it didn't really do much when I had breakouts, that could just be me though! It has a nice exfoiliating feel and softening technique and I think that is the main reason on why you should use this mask :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by pruma

This is an amazing "mask"? ... The product feels like a scrub and the directions ask you to scrub as well .. and then, when you leave it on for a few minutes and wash it off ... the softest feeling skin ever.

It didn't dry me out and left me feeling smooth and soft. A definte repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by DallasChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mask is also used as an exfoliator - the only thing that I like about this mask so far. I've tried it for 2+ weeks, and I have broken out A LOT!! I don't think I'll be using this one anymore.