December 22, 2014 | 1743 users online

Skincare - Face - Pro Activ - 3-Step System

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After seeing all those commercials I finally caved in and bought these. I regret it. The entire system is super drying. The wash and toner dried my skin out to the point where it was flaking and sore. And the "moisturizer" didn't hydrate my skin at all. All the products smell really chemical-y. It's just too harsh for my skin, I do not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by RoseMckinley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using the dollar general version of proactiv and it actually works really well for me! I have only had a pimple here a pimple there for the last two months. I mean, it's not a cure all (as nothing is) but I'd rather have infrequent pimples than pimples every day of my life. ACNEFREE works good too. I can't really judge whether or not PROACTIV works but I will say this.........go get the generic version for 7 bucks at Dollar General.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ponyskin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm always trying to find things to help my acne which I've struggled with for years. Despite being quite pricey, I decided to go ahead and try proactive, and I was so disappointed. I used it every day, the toner ran out really quickly, and as the bottles got towards then end the product was really hard to get out. As far as helping my skin goes; it did nothing. It made no difference to my skin at all, a total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by adorkablewun

The battle with acne has been on-going. When I first started using ProActiv, it worked really well at first. But after awhile, I continued to break out even more, and I cannot be 100% sure it was due to the 3-step system, but my skin also developed greater sensitivity. I had red spots all over my cheeks. I was very careful to not be in the sun all day and used adequate amount of sunscreen. Would not purchase again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will hate this stuff forever.

A few years ago, I had mild/moderate acne (nothing too terrible) and decided to give ProActiv a go since it seemed to be working for my sister. I used it for about a month without any positive effects (rather it made my skin red and irritated) and so I gave it up--big mistake!

My skin became so much worse after I stopped using it--apparently ProActiv is designed to make your skin dependent on it. My sister had the same negative effects after she stopped using it and I've heard of several others who have had the same problem. What a truly terrible product.

It took nearly TWO YEARS to get my skin back to how it was before I tried this system. Fortunately, I have found a much more gentle routine that works better (and is much cheaper!). ProActiv is far too harsh a system for your skin and I would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by mrsbrazik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would never repurchase this. It is way too harsh for your skin, my skin got worse instead of better. It gave me chemical burns and my skin isn't even sensitive! Don't waste your money or hurt your precious skin...try Peter Thomas Roth or Murad's acne skin care lines.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Hannaroberts

I warn you not to try this! I had mild acne, was fed up and just wanted clear skin! I followed all the steps. Firstly, step one- cleanser- absolutely stunk! Had a very strong peroxide or cleaning product smell. Using the brush that came with the kit, with the cleanser felt satisfying like I was really cleaning my skin, but I think it actually over cleansed it. All oil was completely stripped from my skin, the feeling was what you'd expect after a skin peel. Step two, the toner, oh the toner... Burnt badly! My skin went bright red and was so painful- I thought maybe this was just part of the routine. Finally the third step repairing lotion, somewhat soothed my burning face but my face still felt very raw. I went on using this for a week before I just had to stop, my acne was not clearing at all and my skin was extremely dry. The best part of the proactiv deal is that there is a money back guarantee. Wish I had never put those chemicals on my skin. A week or so after I stopped using proactiv my skin flared up, which I blame the proactiv but am not entirely sure. I still have slight acne that comes and goes but I have opted to use jojoba oil as my night moisturiser with aloe vera gel and natural zinc sunblock as my day moisturiser. And every other day or so I put lemon juice on my acne for 20 minutes and that seems to be working great. Also, the Enkido Hydrate Infusion works amazing at smoothing those stubborn deep acne bumps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is what I used after having my son to clear up my skin. Unlike a lot of women with pregnancy glow. I had pregnancy zits. I had to wait until baby was born to use due to the benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid components. I used the entire kit x 1 month, and cleared my skin. I then went back to me normal products as this set is a tad drying.

The cleanser, very standard cleanser with benzoyl peroxide. It's a little drying. I do still use this in the shower for my back to help keep it clear

I love love love the toner. It has just enough glycolic acid and astringent qualities. I use this toner during the summer months. I can justify the price. I've tried other glycolic toners, and they are way too drying compared to Proactiv

The repair lotion is just okay in my book. I need higher level BP then what is in this lotion. Applies smoothly, not gritty.

All in all this is a set I use once in awhile to help with a serious breakout. I think with chronic use it is too drying. Also skin will become "resistent" to BP and it may not be as effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ProActiv is extremely overrated. Yes, it gave me clear skin... at first. I had great results for a month and was so excited about this product. However, as time went on my acne kept returning. My skin looked great but I kept getting tiny little whiteheads. The point of acne medicine is preventing new acne from returning. This crap also dried out my skin a ton. It's not worth it. I do like the repair lotion by itself but as a set, this stuff is not the price tag and is not good for your skin. I've tried to return to ProActiv several times but always get the same results.

The commercials are very convincing but I had yet to find a single person who gets those same results. I would not recommend this to anyone. There's better products out there that'll give you much better results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I think this is so overrated.
I did not have any good results for my blemishes. It dried the surface of my skin (which most benzoyl peroxide products will do) but I had an oil slick on top of that. Weird combination but that is what happened. My skin never improved even when I finished up the bottle I saw no improvement. Some dry wrinkles under my eyes, redness and irriation around my blemishes probably caused by the dryness and that is about it.
I still broke out and my skin looked worse when I was done with this.

There are plenty of benzoyl peroxide products on the markey it is a very effective ingredient once your skin gets used to it. It can be drying but it also gives a gentle peeling effect which can also help with marks left after the acne has cleared.
As for this it was probably one of the worst ones I have used.
I have had better results at the drugstore.

I know it works for some people so maybe my skin was allergic to something???