October 25, 2014 | 945 users online

Skincare - Face - Pro Activ - 3-Step System

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Hannaroberts

I warn you not to try this! I had mild acne, was fed up and just wanted clear skin! I followed all the steps. Firstly, step one- cleanser- absolutely stunk! Had a very strong peroxide or cleaning product smell. Using the brush that came with the kit, with the cleanser felt satisfying like I was really cleaning my skin, but I think it actually over cleansed it. All oil was completely stripped from my skin, the feeling was what you'd expect after a skin peel. Step two, the toner, oh the toner... Burnt badly! My skin went bright red and was so painful- I thought maybe this was just part of the routine. Finally the third step repairing lotion, somewhat soothed my burning face but my face still felt very raw. I went on using this for a week before I just had to stop, my acne was not clearing at all and my skin was extremely dry. The best part of the proactiv deal is that there is a money back guarantee. Wish I had never put those chemicals on my skin. A week or so after I stopped using proactiv my skin flared up, which I blame the proactiv but am not entirely sure. I still have slight acne that comes and goes but I have opted to use jojoba oil as my night moisturiser with aloe vera gel and natural zinc sunblock as my day moisturiser. And every other day or so I put lemon juice on my acne for 20 minutes and that seems to be working great. Also, the Enkido Hydrate Infusion works amazing at smoothing those stubborn deep acne bumps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is what I used after having my son to clear up my skin. Unlike a lot of women with pregnancy glow. I had pregnancy zits. I had to wait until baby was born to use due to the benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid components. I used the entire kit x 1 month, and cleared my skin. I then went back to me normal products as this set is a tad drying.

The cleanser, very standard cleanser with benzoyl peroxide. It's a little drying. I do still use this in the shower for my back to help keep it clear

I love love love the toner. It has just enough glycolic acid and astringent qualities. I use this toner during the summer months. I can justify the price. I've tried other glycolic toners, and they are way too drying compared to Proactiv

The repair lotion is just okay in my book. I need higher level BP then what is in this lotion. Applies smoothly, not gritty.

All in all this is a set I use once in awhile to help with a serious breakout. I think with chronic use it is too drying. Also skin will become "resistent" to BP and it may not be as effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ProActiv is extremely overrated. Yes, it gave me clear skin... at first. I had great results for a month and was so excited about this product. However, as time went on my acne kept returning. My skin looked great but I kept getting tiny little whiteheads. The point of acne medicine is preventing new acne from returning. This crap also dried out my skin a ton. It's not worth it. I do like the repair lotion by itself but as a set, this stuff is not the price tag and is not good for your skin. I've tried to return to ProActiv several times but always get the same results.

The commercials are very convincing but I had yet to find a single person who gets those same results. I would not recommend this to anyone. There's better products out there that'll give you much better results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I think this is so overrated.
I did not have any good results for my blemishes. It dried the surface of my skin (which most benzoyl peroxide products will do) but I had an oil slick on top of that. Weird combination but that is what happened. My skin never improved even when I finished up the bottle I saw no improvement. Some dry wrinkles under my eyes, redness and irriation around my blemishes probably caused by the dryness and that is about it.
I still broke out and my skin looked worse when I was done with this.

There are plenty of benzoyl peroxide products on the markey it is a very effective ingredient once your skin gets used to it. It can be drying but it also gives a gentle peeling effect which can also help with marks left after the acne has cleared.
As for this it was probably one of the worst ones I have used.
I have had better results at the drugstore.

I know it works for some people so maybe my skin was allergic to something???

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this on & off for about 10 years and it works wonders! I have oily skin with occasional adult acne and when I break out, I use the cleanser and lotion and they eradicate my break outs completely. Wow. I don't use it all the time or I become immune to the benefits (I've tried).
When I live in an ultra-humid climate, I use the cleanser daily and it keeps my oiliness at bay. When I live in a dry, super cold climate it can be a little irritating to my skin if used twice daily. Cleanser has exfoliant in it. I can take or leave the toner. Be careful, as cleanser and lotion have benzoyl peroxide and will bleach towels, wash cloths, and pillow cases. They don't seem to have any added fragrance. I use the original system and have bought it about 10 times. Pro-Activ has been great when I've wanted to cancel my subscription. This is the only product guaranteed to stop my break outs! And I've tried many! I normally don't respond well to benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid makes me break out, so Pro Activ has been a life saver for me! I wish they'd made it when I was a teenager!!! Thank you Pro Activ!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by itiselizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

This wasn't horrible, but it didn't really do much either. My face has been covered in a ton of pimples, cystic acne, and scars. This basically just dried my active zits out and the rest of my face. I was expecting more results though.... like it should actually CLEAR my acne, but it didn't. I didn't like how the moisturizer was in a pot. Even though it comes with a spatula, I still worried about bacteria getting into the pot someway. It's also incredibly overpriced for what it does. It just wasn't a winner for me. I will be returning this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by taral001

Unfortunately, my experience with pro activ is similar to many of the other reviewers. This system is way over priced. The cleanser does not remove makeup, oil or impurities, I seriously don't know what it does besides irritate your skin with it's exfoliants. The toner, is fine, but nothing special. The clearing lotion is really drying, and made my skin red, although I do think it helped shorten my breakouts. The other things that are super annoying about pro activ is that they ship you product with hardly any shelf life left on it before it expires. I was only about 1/8 through the product when it expired. It also ruins everything it touches, so if you're going to use this be warned, it will ruin all of your towels!

oh yeah, and canceling is a huge pain, you have to talk to someone who tries to convince you to change your mind for 15 minutes.

Overall, I would say do not buy this. I much prefer the Body Shop Tea Tree line, it works much better, is more natural and less than half the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kathyjongg

This product is the reason for my 10 years long battle with acne. If I can sue this company then I would. Since I stopped using this c*** and went organic my skin have improved dramatically .

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Nyarlathotep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I had terrible acne in seventh grade, and my mom was sick of hearing me complain about it, so she bought me some Pro Activ. Let me just say that it worked like a charm, but it is kind of harsh on my fair, sensitive skin. I've been using it for almost five years, and my skin has gotten so used to it that it doesn't work as well anymore. I have since moved on to Mario Badescu, and I'm liking it a lot better so far. Not as harsh, smells better (except for the drying mask... JESUS CHRIST THAT'S NASTY... But it works), and not as expensive. I would recommend MB over Pro Activ any day, but Pro Activ is an exceptional product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This set did nothing for me. It worked wonders for my little brother. My skin didn't like this. I have combo skin.