September 16, 2014 | 1213 users online

Skincare - Face - Pro Activ - 3-Step System

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kathyjongg

This product is the reason for my 10 years long battle with acne. If I can sue this company then I would. Since I stopped using this c*** and went organic my skin have improved dramatically .

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Nyarlathotep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I had terrible acne in seventh grade, and my mom was sick of hearing me complain about it, so she bought me some Pro Activ. Let me just say that it worked like a charm, but it is kind of harsh on my fair, sensitive skin. I've been using it for almost five years, and my skin has gotten so used to it that it doesn't work as well anymore. I have since moved on to Mario Badescu, and I'm liking it a lot better so far. Not as harsh, smells better (except for the drying mask... JESUS CHRIST THAT'S NASTY... But it works), and not as expensive. I would recommend MB over Pro Activ any day, but Pro Activ is an exceptional product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This set did nothing for me. It worked wonders for my little brother. My skin didn't like this. I have combo skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lynsaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't like this at all. Paid way to much for it and it did absolutely nothing for my skin. I used this for about a month or so and it didn't seem to help at all so I stopped then about two months after that I thought I would give it another try but after my third use of the system the toner burned my skin! I tried it again the next day and it still really burned, I don't have sensitive skin so I'm not sure why. Overall I'm really disappointed in how much this costed and how terribly it did.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ding6556

My skin was very very prone to acne, I must admit, 3 years ago when I had a big outburst, this worked, very well indeed, but I didnt need the full 3 step system, I only used the clenser and it went away. But now I am in my early 20s I tried this programme again and it did nothing, only aggrivated it. So it was a waste of money for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by lovelybri1218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember when i use to have proactiv. I was very desperate for it because my breakouts were very bad. I seen the ad on tv one day so I went online and purchased the item. When it got delivered, i was in a rush, opened it right away, read the directions and started using the product. At first the the product was working you could see it opening the pores and everything. All of a sudden the product doesn't want to work and get rid of the acne. It's like a one time thing. It gets rid of the acne a little, but then more pops up on your face whole your using the product. I do feel like it was a waist of money because i thought it helps fight the acne, but instead it fights the acne one time and stops! The price was to much and they kept charging the card. So would i recommend this......No!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Katgref

It is far overpriced!! I can not believe I paid for it 40.00! Well, I was pretty desperate. I did not have a severe acne but more of the moderate type which would break out around my mouth and cheeks (hormonal). When I started to use this product my skin god dramatically better! I though it was a miracle as it got rid off my stubborn acne (12 years of suffering) in one week.. After one week acne started coming back but I insisted of carrying on using the product. My acne came back much worse. I finished the product as I paid a lot of money, by that time my skin was really really bad. I would probably be better off with washing my face with gentle cleanser and regular moisturizer.
It might help others but was a big waste of money for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I don't have alot of pimples, I do get the occasional breakout, so I thought I'd try this. Definitely a huge mistake. Now in all fairness I do have dry skin as it is, but the advertising doesn't really mention anything about it only being for certain skin types, at least that's not the impression I got, & since it had a moisturizer I thought it would be OK. It wasn't. The moisturizer first of felt like it left a film on my face & didn't feel hydrating at all. I followed the directions, & right off the bat my skin felt uncomfortably tight. So I thought I'd get used to it, but as the days passed, my skin felt progressively tighter. I tried reducing it to once a day, but it still felt dry, & my skin was getting to the point where it was actually peeling & flaking, which I never had before. My skin was so dried out that it even LOOKED tight-my friends even noticed, & I even had lines on my face where I hadn't had any before. I used it for about maybe 5-6 days, so yeah, I wasn't able to keep it up for a longer period of time to say how it does for breakouts, but I just couldn't take it anymore, I was SO uncomfortable & my skin just was peely, irritated, & had lines on it where it didn't before. And then, even after discontinuing use it took a good week before my skin even started to feel & look normal again-it had dried it out so horribly that it wasn't even like stopping it & applying moisturizer brought it back to normal. No matter how much moisturizer (and this was regular moisturizer, after I stopped using any of the kit) I'd apply my skin STILL would feel dry for about a week-I remember at one point right after I'd stopped I had even resorted to putting pure Vaseline on my face because I couldn't take the dry feeling & was so uncomfortable that I didn't even care anymore (Vaseline doesn't really absorb into skin, but I didn't know that at the time & even if I had I was willing to try anything in my desperation!). Maybe if you have very oily skin this may work, but I think if you have drier to normal skin, it may dry you out too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by MollyTheMakeupArtist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, to start off, I have very severe acne. I'm not just saying that, my acne is clinically severe. This helped for about a week. It made my skin feel really smooth. It also dried it out, which I really liked because I have extremely oily skin. After that, my acne just got worse. In the long run, it completely ruined my skin. It's been about three years since I've stopped using this and I STILL feel the effects from it. My skin is so sensitive and my acne now completely different than what it was back then. It's very sensitive and my zits are bigger and I also get more cysts than I did.
I think one of the reasons people keep buying it is because it feels very harsh. People think that the harsher the treatment, the better the results. When really, this treatment will ruin your skin for many many years. Maybe even permanently. The effects of this treatment have not gone down over the years since I've stopped using it. I would never recommend this system to anyone.
That being said, I love the moisturizer. I wish I could buy it by itself because I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hr6aw

I can always count on Proactiv to clear a breakout of even the worse severity (50+ pimples at a time, though that only happened to me once) in less than four days. My skin works pretty well with BP. However, I can only use Proactiv for a few days at a time because my skin starts to get dry and extremely dull. For this reason, I mainly oil cleanse, which keeps me bright and glowing, and save Proactiv for the once a month or so I break out.