April 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Skincare - Face - Pro Activ - 3-Step System

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by iceberry97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this sometime ago when I had kinda non-stoppable adult acne. It took about 3 months to clear it up, but this formula quite drying. The smell was okay, but for the refining mask, I can't really stand it. Probably the smell of the sulphur. But after few days I started get used to it. I stop using it when my skin in better control. But after sometime my skin getting worst and tried on this product but its not really helping anymore.

The main ingredient is benzoyl peroxide, which I can get easily and much much cheaper from the drugstore. I tried OXY 10, and yes, it cleared up my acne just like pro-active did.

No, I won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by deasiajohnathan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

It really depends on how extreme your acne is- mine was about, hum, medium, and I got Proactiv and it helped clear it up. But- I use the Refining Mask a lot more than the directions say, which helps clear up pimples. If your acne is more serious than, say, 8 pimples, go to your dermatologist and see how they can help. No over-the-counter acne medicine really clears up severe acne. http://antiskinproblems.com/truth-about-proactive-reviews/

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by AdrianBitch

If I could rate this product "Proactive" a zero, I would. I have a normal skin tone, used it for awhile then I started getting good results for the first couple days then my face became inflamed and burning, it was so painful, not worth its outrageous price for those type of results. I would not recommend this product to anyone! Its too harsh for many of us, knowing I had oily to normal skin, I cant imagine the pain and suffering someone with dry skin would have with this product, I warn you before you purchase this product . There Are much cheaper products with better results. The price may sound convincing but the actual product itself isn't. My face is burning like a mother f***** as im writing this..

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by CamillesNails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This whole system is crap, it works for a couple weeks then just starts screwing up my skin again, not worth the buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by BeautyGeniusJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DISAPPOINTED!!! I first purchased proactiv three months ago... I figured it would be the holy grail, and I would never break out again. It turns out I was wrong. My acne before wasn't that bad, I use to get the occasional small white heads on my forehead and rarely on my right cheek. But after a week from when I started proactive, I began to get white heads on and under my nose, above my eyebrows, both of my cheeks and a lot more on my forehead. And some of the acne went from white heads to papules (inflamed white heads). I got about three/four papules a week (my normal was one/two a month!), which left many scars on my face. I continued to use the product for about another two months, in hopes that it would work but nothing changed. I finally went back to my old skin care routine that cost way less then proactiv and worked!

BOTTOM LINE: I would not recommend this product, there are many better and cheaper options then proactiv.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I used this for about 7 years straight and it worked okay, nothing huge. At the time there was nothing else on the market that did what this did. Once I had my son my acne cleared up, no idea why lol. I stopped using this right before I was pregnant because I was concerned with the medication in it.

It would calm the acne down but it never got rid of it completely. It dried my skin out horribly and would create dry patches that were red and itchy. The lotion you use after cleaning burns and the toner burns. The only thing in this kit I ever liked was the cleanser.

Also be aware that the repairing lotion will bleach your clothes. I am dead serious. All my shirts at the time had turned white around the collar from it being on my neck and face rubbing. I wouldn't recommend this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by gonecoastal22

I have used Proactiv since I was 13/14 years old. I am now 26. I absolutely loved it. I got so many compliments and my skin was flawless.The last two years it just stopped working and caused major cystic acne. I stuck with it up until about three months ago. I switched to another product bc I just wanted an OTC product...and with in one week on the dot my skin broke out into a rash. ALL OVER MY FACE. There wasn't a clear area. It was itchy, dry, red, with some white heads. It was horrible. My face clearly did not want me to stop using proactiv. Since then I have been on an antibiotic. About three weeks ago I ordered the new Proactiv+ thinking it might be different. Almost immediately my skin broke out in cystic acne. I am truely disapointed that my beloved proactiv stopped working and I am now ugly and full of acne. I am currently still on an antibitoc for the next three months, switched to Yaz, and use AcneFree cleanser and Terminator spot treatment. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by TaipeiDoll

Too expensive and didn't work on my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by LeanneSelina96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Genuinely my skin isn't too bad. I suffer with a dry nose but oily forehead and chin. I usually get redness around my T-section. I get the occasional spot but because they are occasional i freak out when i do get them. I've been using the proactive 3 step system for just over a week and it's worked really well for me, I use it day and night! My spots have gone down, redness has reduced and my skin doesn't feel oily nor dry! My makeup applies better than it ever has before! So it's worked really well for me! I found it was better to apply day and night and not wear any makeup at all for a few days so it can have a proper affect! I also use the oil free moisturiser from proactive on top of the repairing treatment and that works for me too. Might be a bit pricey but I love how my skins looking and it's only been a week! :)