January 31, 2015 | 2091 users online

Skincare - Face - Pro Activ - 3-Step System

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2015 8:00:00 PM More reviews by EleanorJ1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used it for a month, nothing happened to my acne, didn't get worse but also didn't get better. My skin became extremely dry. It was annoying to apply, you end up having to wait for ever for it to dry (the little white tube) and I don't have enough time in the morning to sit for 10 minutes and wait for some white goop to dry on my face

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2015 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Photoflymommy3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Proactive permanently ruined my skin. Before proactive, I gave mild/moderate acne. I had my pimples in my forehead and nose but they were tiny, but several. People were very annoying and would constantly give me "tips" on how to help my acne (which wasn't even bad). I was 18 and annoyed with people comments and decided to try Proactive after watching their false advertising in their commercials. My after face ended up looking like the before pictures in that commercial. I broke out with cystic acne for the first time within a week of using it. I had to get Retin-A and antibiotics prescribed to help my skin get better. I was almost about to go on accurate, but I got scared. Today I don't use any acne products and my skin is back to Being mild/moderate but with scarring left from the cystic acne that proactive caused. I wish there were a way to sue such a horrible company!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2015 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Carefreeme

I have seen al the commercials and thought this would work great to get rid of the acne on my skin. Pro Activ is the worst face wash ever! After using it on my face for two weeks my skin was super dry and flakey. All my pimples were gone, but my skin looked and felt disgusting. Then after is stopped using it my acne became worse! I wouldn't recommend this product to my worst enemy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 7:29:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It worked for a few months when I was in middleschool. It butchered my skin for a year afterwards because my skin had gotten dependant on it. My breakouts afterwards were bigger and more painful.
I'm just using the birthcontrol pill to help with my acne now and my skin has never looked better!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After seeing all those commercials I finally caved in and bought these. I regret it. The entire system is super drying. The wash and toner dried my skin out to the point where it was flaking and sore. And the "moisturizer" didn't hydrate my skin at all. All the products smell really chemical-y. It's just too harsh for my skin, I do not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by RoseMckinley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using the dollar general version of proactiv and it actually works really well for me! I have only had a pimple here a pimple there for the last two months. I mean, it's not a cure all (as nothing is) but I'd rather have infrequent pimples than pimples every day of my life. ACNEFREE works good too. I can't really judge whether or not PROACTIV works but I will say this.........go get the generic version for 7 bucks at Dollar General.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ponyskin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm always trying to find things to help my acne which I've struggled with for years. Despite being quite pricey, I decided to go ahead and try proactive, and I was so disappointed. I used it every day, the toner ran out really quickly, and as the bottles got towards then end the product was really hard to get out. As far as helping my skin goes; it did nothing. It made no difference to my skin at all, a total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by adorkablewun

The battle with acne has been on-going. When I first started using ProActiv, it worked really well at first. But after awhile, I continued to break out even more, and I cannot be 100% sure it was due to the 3-step system, but my skin also developed greater sensitivity. I had red spots all over my cheeks. I was very careful to not be in the sun all day and used adequate amount of sunscreen. Would not purchase again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will hate this stuff forever.

A few years ago, I had mild/moderate acne (nothing too terrible) and decided to give ProActiv a go since it seemed to be working for my sister. I used it for about a month without any positive effects (rather it made my skin red and irritated) and so I gave it up--big mistake!

My skin became so much worse after I stopped using it--apparently ProActiv is designed to make your skin dependent on it. My sister had the same negative effects after she stopped using it and I've heard of several others who have had the same problem. What a truly terrible product.

It took nearly TWO YEARS to get my skin back to how it was before I tried this system. Fortunately, I have found a much more gentle routine that works better (and is much cheaper!). ProActiv is far too harsh a system for your skin and I would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by mrsbrazik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would never repurchase this. It is way too harsh for your skin, my skin got worse instead of better. It gave me chemical burns and my skin isn't even sensitive! Don't waste your money or hurt your precious skin...try Peter Thomas Roth or Murad's acne skin care lines.