January 29, 2015 | 1947 users online

Cleansers - Murad - Clarifying Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2015 5:11:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a full size of this from ULTA as a free gift, otherwise I probably wouldn't have spent the $26 to try it. I have to say, I'm loving it! I have oily, dehydrated, acne-prone skin and lots of ingredients break me out. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and so far it's helped keep my skin clear and shrink pimples without overdrying. Most "clarifying" cleansers leave my skin parched, especially in the winter, but the essential oils in this one don't dry me out or break me out.

I don't use it to remove my makeup (I use Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover for that) but I use it after I take off my makeup and I feel that it gets any remaining makeup residue off my skin and thoroughly cleans.

I'll continue to use this until I finish it and I'll probably repurchase. If I decide it's HG, I'll raise my rating to 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2015 1:24:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff! Recently, I have been having terrible hormonal/stress breakouts on my forehead and, cheeks and chin area. I never had this bad of a breakout, few here and there but nothing major. I tried pretty much everything from Proactive (which Iíve tried years ago and worked), other skincare lines which contains either benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid(which also have worked) and even my faithful prescription epiduo. However nothing was working. I have not tried any of the Murad skincare so I said why not. This has changed my life! Now my bumps all over my face are under control and it really helps from future breakouts. Not sure why other products w/salicylic acid didnít work but this has been working for me so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2015 2:31:00 AM More reviews by flyingwind66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this with the Ole Henrickson Truth vit C moisturizer and eye creme and the Murad Blackhead and Pore cleaning duo.

Did this get rid of my acne? No
Did this make me break out? No

I used this product for months because I have been so caught up in holiday stuff... seeing that this is supposed to be for acne and that is why I bought this product in the first place and my acne did not go away... yeah, not repurchasing. I will be out to search for a new cleanser and relegating this to "body wash" once I find a suitable replacement

At least the price did not break the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by missyb4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product and have been using it for years. People regularly stop me to compliment my skin and ask me what I use on my face. I end up with a nice clean healthy glow. Wonderfully manages my oily skin. I make sure i never run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by kiki56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had a feeling this cleanser would do absolutely nothing for me, since I have used salicylic acid in the past and it has not done anything for me. Like another reviewer, I was recommended this by a Sephoras employee, who said this was one of the best selling products in the store.
I bought the "Murad Acne Starter Kit" for $30. This includes the clarifying cleanser, acne clearing solution, oil-control mattifier SPF 15, and a zinc (I think) mask (I cant seem to find it online any more, so I'm not sure if they removed it from their line).
In all honesty, I used the mask only twice, and the oil control mattifier only once. The mask didnt really seem to be doing anything for me so I just used my other products. The mattifier made my skin shiny and a bit dry.
My acne didn't improve, but it didn't get worse either. Would not recommend it, but you can always try it and return it before 30 days, at Sephoras.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This does nothing whatsoever

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by BeccaJaneWojo

I really like this product . I bought this for my back cause I have pretty bad back acne, and Sephora was out of acne body wash. I tried it and I really love it! Some say to just use it for your face, but it works well anywhere else. It costed $18 at Sephora which is a little pricey for me, but I'd definitely get it again :))

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have gone back to this product time and time again. My only qualm with it is really the packaging, I have to store it with the flat side up or it will leak out into my shower and the whole thing will be wasted. I've seen that a lot of people have had allergic reactions to this which I first made me hesitant to give it a try but I got a sample of it in a Murrad kit, and figured why not give it a try I am so glad that I did I have gone through probably six travel size bottles and Four big bottles over the last three years. If you use it with a Clarisonic you're going to have to use more product than if you just use your hands or if you have a Luna. During the summer I use it morning and night but during the winter it is to drying to use morning and night so I just use it at night when I know I'm going to use my heavier moisturizers after.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by 19360

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm not being dramatic when i say this product is the worst thing that has happened to me all year. i went into sephora looking for a good cleanser because my chin was giving me some mad trouble again, and what do you know a lady there recommends me murad and says it's the "best product around" and that "his whole line is awesome." so i think that sounds mighty swell and i decide to give 'er a go. it smelled really good, which was also nice.
after a few days i was super impressed with the results. i thought my skin was cleaner and i even managed to immediately get rid of a massive pimple on the bottom of my chin. so, i continued to use it. after a week, however, i had an intense allergic reaction to this stuff.
i have combination skin and it's pretty clear apart from my chin... and right now, as i sit here typing this, i am a hot mess. i have like a hundred little red bumps covering my skin. i don't even want to go out in public.
my skin is ridiculously sensitive and i suppose i should have known this might be too harsh, but i was desperate. i will be returning it as soon as i can and sadly i will not be buying anything from murad ever again.
now that i'm reading reviews, i see that a lot of people had the same reaction - lots of tiny little bumps on their faces. mine weren't itchy or painful, luckily, but they look horrifying and they are also very dry and crusty (ew!)
so, i'll finish up and say this - if you have very sensitive skin you might want to be careful with this product and test it on a small patch of skin first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used this over 15 years ago w/ great success w/ acne. I recently tried using it again & it dried out my face SO bad. I had to return it after a week. I guess my skin has changed a lot since then. This does help w/ acne if you have a bad problem though.