August 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Cleansers - Murad - Clarifying Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Jessicamarie022

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of the reviews I had read. I'm an adult still suffering from acne and I've tried everything!!! It's frustrating, I had been hearing about Dr Murads products for a while now and wanted to give them a shot. I'm assuming I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide because I put it on my face (night time) and woke up with my skin red as a crab! It was swollen, bumpy and it itched a lot, it was horrible!! (Note: I tried it first on the side of my neck first to try it out) I returned it. I'm still in the search of something that will help my skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by nickitraylor

So I first bought a small version of this with the mattifier and the acne clearing solution (see other reviews, I love them too). I then bought the regular size of this so the little one could be in the shower. I am in my mid 40's with some minor, though annoying, acne. I figured it's about time I spent a little money on my skin instead of just the generic Walmart cleanser and neutrogena spot acne treatment.

I really love this cleanser. I use a neutrogena makeup remover wipe first to remove my makeup, then I wash with just a very small amount of this. It is great! Then at night I put on the clearing solution, and in the morning it's the clearing solution with the mattifier so I don't look greasy.

It has calmed down the couple of trouble spots I've had for awhile in just a few washes! I love how it makes my skin feel and look. It is definitely more expensive than generic walmart, LOL, but really I use not very much and I believe it will last a long time.Anyways, I'm worth a little bit of $ to look good!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had an allergic reaction to this product, too. :( Created tiny red bulls all over my skin that burned so bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 3 uses of this product, my skin reacted with hundreds of tiny bright red, itchy burning bumps. Which if wasn't bad enough, also caused a minor breakout. It took a week of Aloe Vera, Calamine and Eucerin applications for me to be able to look at myself in the mirror without make-up. I am so sure that this product was the cause, because it was the only new thing I had applied or even ingested! To prove that it was definitely this, I even did an allergy patch test on other products to make sure I hadn't become allergic to something I already use. It is my belief that my skin reacted to this cleanser because it's too harsh. I am never going anywhere near another Murad product ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

A pricey item with noticeable quick results. Simply impressed with this product by how quickly effective it was. Not only that, but they don't test on animals and don't include parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. I suffered a severe acne breakout after travelling this month (darn airport air) & nothing I was doing was calming it down, from origins charcoal mask to raw honey, nothing!! My sister finally got me into trying this product & I was skeptical because I've never actually heard of this. You only need a dime size amount, when you use it, it has an invigorating/cooling yet soothing feeling, (similar to Biore's acne scrub which did nothing for me btw). Yes, you can tell this product is very drying because it contains salicylic acid, so I suggest you only use this product if you have frequent breakouts or suffer severe acne. STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN OR A CLEAR COMPLEXION ALREADY. But my oily skin friends, this product is superb. I am not over exaggerating when I say the next morning my breakout decreased drastically. The redness was gone, the pain/irritation was gone & the swelling almost unnoticeable. I was simply impressed. The product claims to help stop future breakouts, usually I get small breakouts once a week, I've been using this a month and haven't suffered any major breakouts..just tiny blemishes that are no problem. If you plan to use this everyday like myself, I do suggest using a moisturizing face mask 1-2 times a week because this can be very drying. I strongly suggest a good moisturizer as well, I use pure organic avacado oil and thankfully I have not gained any dry patches from this cleanser. Also, seriously avoid getting this in your eye, not a good experience =\. Overall, a very effective acne cleanser for those with acne problem & oily skin. I would suggest it to people with problematic oily to combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by asenes

I really like this cleanser. I got it in a kit after I got a facial. At first I wasn't sure because my skin was breaking out a little bit more but after a few weeks my skin started clearing up. My skin now is clear with the occasional breakout mostly around that time of the month. I use it with my Clarisonic and love the tingling cooling sensation after. The only thing is this cleanser can be a bit drying so make sure to moisturize. I absolutely am addicted to Murad it's the only thing that has helped my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm so happy with this for my moderate breakouts. I wanted to incorporate something that would be constant fixture in my regimen, not just a spot treatment to zap something once it takes on a life of it's own. Some of the ingredients are known irritants, so I sampled the product for a week before purchasing. Some small breakouts even healed overnight. I contained my excitement, but the healing continued and spots are rare now.

1. This is not a makeup remover. I have a dedicated product for that. Sometimes I even use CeraVe Foaming Cleanser first.

2. It's not gentle on the eye area or lips. So it's not a stand alone cleanser.

3. For sensitive skin, I would use this only at night and find a very gentle (bland) cleanser for the morning. When my skin does show more inflammation than usual, I back off the cleanser for a few nights. I can't say it enough - it's good to have a gentle backup.

4. A small drop will create a full face lather - the beauty of gel cleansers. Considering the amount needed, the price for 6.75 oz is reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Nurica88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive struggled with adult acne when i turned 24. it was a really difficult time as i had never had any serious skin issues before.
i tried everything. i would try a different face cleanser every month, a lot of the times i would return something after a day because it would just make my face worse.

Murad is the only thing that got rid of my acne. it is gentle and effective. it doesnt have a strong smell either. it is not drying. it is just honesly the most perfect cleanser i have ever bought. i am on my 3rd or 4th bottle i think.

Also, a little goes a LONG way, so it last a few months and for $25/bottle that is really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by AmberSkyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have definitely struggled with late onset acne in my 20s. Sigh. Anyway, I have tried just about every cleanser out there, from the low end to the high end. This is my favorite. My skin started clearing up within the first two weeks of adding this to my skin care regimen. I'm on my 3rd bottle of this, and I don't think I'll be experimenting with any more cleansers for now. Despite what others have said, this DOES remove my face makeup (mineral foundation). I can see where maybe it wouldn't remove heavier foundation or eye makeup, but you shouldn't be using an acne cleanser to remove eye makeup anyway. This gives me a deep-clean feeling, without drying out my skin. I love it. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've bought this many times before, first trying out the sample that Sephora gave me. Let me say, this is hands down the best product I've used to control my extremely oily skin in the summer. It's great for oily skin, (one lippie off because it may be a little intense for winter skin) and it is so refreshing. I have not had any extreme breakouts once I switched to this a year ago from some generic Neutrogena face wash. Be careful not to get it in your eye, because it will hurt. For $26 dollars, its totally worth it. Lasts me for maybe half a year or so and I wash my face twice a day!