November 28, 2014 | 1086 users online

Cleansers - Murad - Clarifying Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have gone back to this product time and time again. My only qualm with it is really the packaging, I have to store it with the flat side up or it will leak out into my shower and the whole thing will be wasted. I've seen that a lot of people have had allergic reactions to this which I first made me hesitant to give it a try but I got a sample of it in a Murrad kit, and figured why not give it a try I am so glad that I did I have gone through probably six travel size bottles and Four big bottles over the last three years. If you use it with a Clarisonic you're going to have to use more product than if you just use your hands or if you have a Luna. During the summer I use it morning and night but during the winter it is to drying to use morning and night so I just use it at night when I know I'm going to use my heavier moisturizers after.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by 19360

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm not being dramatic when i say this product is the worst thing that has happened to me all year. i went into sephora looking for a good cleanser because my chin was giving me some mad trouble again, and what do you know a lady there recommends me murad and says it's the "best product around" and that "his whole line is awesome." so i think that sounds mighty swell and i decide to give 'er a go. it smelled really good, which was also nice.
after a few days i was super impressed with the results. i thought my skin was cleaner and i even managed to immediately get rid of a massive pimple on the bottom of my chin. so, i continued to use it. after a week, however, i had an intense allergic reaction to this stuff.
i have combination skin and it's pretty clear apart from my chin... and right now, as i sit here typing this, i am a hot mess. i have like a hundred little red bumps covering my skin. i don't even want to go out in public because make up can't fix this horror show.
my skin is ridiculously sensitive and i suppose i should have known this might be too harsh, but i was desperate. i will be returning it as soon as i can and sadly i will not be buying anything from murad ever again.
now that i'm reading reviews, i see that a lot of people had the same reaction - lots of tiny little bumps on their faces. mine weren't itchy or painful, luckily, but they look horrifying and they are also very dry and crusty (ew!)
so, i'll finish up and say this - if you have very sensitive skin you might want to be careful with this product and test it on a small patch of skin first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used this over 15 years ago w/ great success w/ acne. I recently tried using it again & it dried out my face SO bad. I had to return it after a week. I guess my skin has changed a lot since then. This does help w/ acne if you have a bad problem though.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by alicebestman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this product because I have acne-prone combination skin. Within the first two days of using it I had an allergic reaction worse than any acne I've ever dealt with - broke out in tiny red bumps all over my cheeks and forehead. Terrible. I'll never buy a product from this brand again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my "go-to" evening facial, neck, dec. cleanser for a few years. I apply less than a dime sized amount on a Buf-Puf and exfoliate once a day, at night.
The tube is large. I use about a tube a year. That's my price justification. My skin rinses very clean, afterward. I rarely use a toner. Face doesn't feel "stripped or dry". My skin is oily with occasional breakouts. All signs of oil, makeup and hours of the day are washed away. I may be tempted to try other cleansers but, always come back to this one. It's the only Murad product I use.
Clear, yellow tinged gel with no noticeable scent. A great prep. for evening skincare!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Jessicamarie022

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of the reviews I had read. I'm an adult still suffering from acne and I've tried everything!!! It's frustrating, I had been hearing about Dr Murads products for a while now and wanted to give them a shot. I'm assuming I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide because I put it on my face (night time) and woke up with my skin red as a crab! It was swollen, bumpy and it itched a lot, it was horrible!! (Note: I tried it first on the side of my neck first to try it out) I returned it. I'm still in the search of something that will help my skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by nickitraylor

So I first bought a small version of this with the mattifier and the acne clearing solution (see other reviews, I love them too). I then bought the regular size of this so the little one could be in the shower. I am in my mid 40's with some minor, though annoying, acne. I figured it's about time I spent a little money on my skin instead of just the generic Walmart cleanser and neutrogena spot acne treatment.

I really love this cleanser. I use a neutrogena makeup remover wipe first to remove my makeup, then I wash with just a very small amount of this. It is great! Then at night I put on the clearing solution, and in the morning it's the clearing solution with the mattifier so I don't look greasy.

It has calmed down the couple of trouble spots I've had for awhile in just a few washes! I love how it makes my skin feel and look. It is definitely more expensive than generic walmart, LOL, but really I use not very much and I believe it will last a long time.Anyways, I'm worth a little bit of $ to look good!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

I had an allergic reaction to this product, too. :( Created tiny red bulls all over my skin that burned so bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 3 uses of this product, my skin reacted with hundreds of tiny bright red, itchy burning bumps. Which if wasn't bad enough, also caused a minor breakout. It took a week of Aloe Vera, Calamine and Eucerin applications for me to be able to look at myself in the mirror without make-up. I am so sure that this product was the cause, because it was the only new thing I had applied or even ingested! To prove that it was definitely this, I even did an allergy patch test on other products to make sure I hadn't become allergic to something I already use. It is my belief that my skin reacted to this cleanser because it's too harsh. I am never going anywhere near another Murad product ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

A pricey item with noticeable quick results. Simply impressed with this product by how quickly effective it was. Not only that, but they don't test on animals and don't include parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. I suffered a severe acne breakout after travelling this month (darn airport air) & nothing I was doing was calming it down, from origins charcoal mask to raw honey, nothing!! My sister finally got me into trying this product & I was skeptical because I've never actually heard of this. You only need a dime size amount, when you use it, it has an invigorating/cooling yet soothing feeling, (similar to Biore's acne scrub which did nothing for me btw). Yes, you can tell this product is very drying because it contains salicylic acid, so I suggest you only use this product if you have frequent breakouts or suffer severe acne. STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN OR A CLEAR COMPLEXION ALREADY. But my oily skin friends, this product is superb. I am not over exaggerating when I say the next morning my breakout decreased drastically. The redness was gone, the pain/irritation was gone & the swelling almost unnoticeable. I was simply impressed. The product claims to help stop future breakouts, usually I get small breakouts once a week, I've been using this a month and haven't suffered any major breakouts..just tiny blemishes that are no problem. If you plan to use this everyday like myself, I do suggest using a moisturizing face mask 1-2 times a week because this can be very drying. I strongly suggest a good moisturizer as well, I use pure organic avacado oil and thankfully I have not gained any dry patches from this cleanser. Also, seriously avoid getting this in your eye, not a good experience =\. Overall, a very effective acne cleanser for those with acne problem & oily skin. I would suggest it to people with problematic oily to combination skin.

Update 9/7/14: This product STOPPED working for me. I am unimpressed because of the price & my cystic acne returned unfortunately. However for those of you desperate..I have found a new HOLY GRAIL Acne clearing line that worked wonders for me. It is the Alba Botanica AcneDote line and the products are only about 11$..I am happy to say I am sitting here with clear skin thanks to this line. Worked much faster and it has kept the results!