October 30, 2014 | 1392 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Powder Palette Multi-Colored Highlighter

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was not all that thrilled with this powder I kind of bought it on a whim because they were having 40% off all Physicians Formula powders at my neighborhood Rite Aid so I figured why not? I'm really not sure about this product as a highlighter because it doesn't really do anything to actually illuminate the skin or brighten it.....or at least not in a good way.....I don't know I guess it does sort of highlight but in a way that washes me out and doesn't do anything for me so for that reason I don't really like it. The texture is pretty nice it doesn't feel cakey or chalky and it sort of camouflages the redness in my skin I guess? I don't know I just feel like this product doesn't really do much for me, it doesn't perform as a highlighter the way I prefer a highlight to perform and as an all over face powder it doesn't work at all for me and completely washes me out so I'm just going to stick with my Coty Airspun powder. maybe for someone else it would work but for me it was a dud.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by CultureCreature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my all-time favorite finishing powder, hands down. I don't wear foundation on a day-to-day basis; I use a tinted moisturizer, conceal, and finalize the process with this powder. Although other products come and go, this strange-at-first glance compact has been with me from the dawn of my makeup use.

If you go for the not-wearing-makeup look, I highly suggest this.

On days when I plan on lazing out, I still fluff some on; it tones down the red and smooths everything out in a subtle - but noticeable - way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

First off, this has a very nice air-brushed finish: very natural, non-cakey, light silky finish with hardly any dryness. So smooth in fact, that it does a horrible job at keeping it set beyond an hour. I found that I became oily very, very quickly...in about 45 mins in normal weather. I was powdering and powdering and whacking my puff onto my skin like mad! NO oil control whatsoever! BAD!! Carrying this around with me becomes pointless if I have to whip it out every hour or less. Poor quality product, tedious and time consuming.

IN terms of the multi-coloring, I have no problems. It did not create a chalky white appearance on my face & my yellow undertones worked fine with it despite the powder's lilac hue. In fact, I quite liked the colouring...I found that it neutralised the discoloured areas around my face ever so subtly & nicely. I just wouldn't buy again because it has horrible staying power (and the case broke off very easily...)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Tinistini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product creates a nice, even, healthy glow. I have significantly pale skin with yellowish undertones, and this palette adds just the right amount of color while still looking incredibly natural. All of the colors blend extremely well, providing a soft, balanced touch of color. UnfortunatelyI have oily skin, so the product doesn't last as long as I'd like, however I still love it and anyone who is blessed to not have such oily skin would probably love it even more than I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by kabu984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm rating this product based on what I use it for - to set concealer under my eyes. It lasts a long time and the mirror under the product is nice but the clear plastic cover has broken off every time. Basically it's a nice, basic, finely milled color corrector- type powder for my pale sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by batqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had noticed this product several times at my local store, due to its pretty, cheery colors, and the patchwork-y look of the powder, but I never bought it, as it's a bit on the expensive side for my budget. When I got my holiday bonus this year, I figured, "What the heck?", and decided to give it a try.

The packaging is, so-so. It's a bit bulky, and, as many reviewers have noted, the brush that comes with it is a little iffy. The tiny, fan brush didn't apply the powder evenly at all, so I ended up applying it with my own powder brush.

I played with the powder a bit; trying all the colors swirled together, and then using a tiny brush to apply specific colors to various areas of my face to see if I could tone down redness, etc.

To be honest, this powder didn't really make my skin appear any brighter or glowier or even-toned, as I'd hoped (I've since learned that I may need to try their Mineral Facebrightener for this), but it did leave my skin matte--for a few hours--and didn't make my skin look yellow-y, as many pressed powders, even in the pale shades I need, do, so I decided that it was good enough to keep using.

Flash forward to today, the first real-world test run of this product. I applied it this morning, over my concealer, and thought I looked pretty good.

Unfortunately, as soon as I got home and checked my reflection, I was horrified to see how dark and red my skin looked. At first, I thought I was having an allergic reaction, but then I realized that the makeup had oxidized and turned several shades too dark for me. I grabbed a cotton square and swiped most of it off, and the color on the cotton square was a deep rose. Nowhere near the pale pinky tan that the powder is when it's going on.

Needless to say, there's no way I'm going to be using this product again. Which is a shame, considering what I paid for it. Maybe I'll give it to my younger sister, who has a slightly tanner, ruddier complexion than me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If this product wasn't pkg'd in a sealed cardboard box, I would return it for a $14 refund!

I barely wear makeup anymore so I thought it would be nice to try a brightening powder to give my daily face a bit of a glow. I could see there's no shimmer particles in the compact, but I thought at least the multi colors would offer highlighting & neutralizing effects.

Well all it does is mattify my skin (that's pretty good, but unexpected for a brightener) and make my skin look pasty & sullen... that's BAD! The opposite of brightening.

What's more, although the colors are made for Light to Fair complexions, this blend deepens my medium summer-fading complexion into a sallow, muddy look. I was hoping to neutralize any residual ruddiness in my skin (which I've always had), not to emphasize it! The more you put on, the more it looks like you're wearing some sort of mask, so more is definitely not the way to go.
So I'll keep this to use LIGHTLY once in a while as a mattifyer maybe in the dead of pale winter. What a loss of $14. Really not what I wanted or hoped for in a highlighting product. Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by risingstarVI

Bought this expecting way more out of it. It definitely does not highlight my face or give me an ethereal glow, but works alright as a setting powder. The brush is unnecessary as nobody ever uses that type of brush (wide and flat) for powder applications so the extra compartment underneath is just a waste of plastic and makes the whole compact more bulky and heavy than it needs to be.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is good if you are on a budget and want to try out the multi-colored thing. This looked too chalky on me and did not do anything a regular skin colored powder wouldn't do. I suggest splurging for the Guerlain Meteorites. It's much better quality and gives your skin an ethereal glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin with pink undertones, and this product gives my face a nice healthy glow. I use this in place of pressed powder. It really evens out my skin tone, and makes my face look like pretty, luminous porcelain. This is a bit more expensive than other drugstore powders, but I really like the way it looks on me, so I will continue to buy it.