April 20, 2014 | 926 users online

Highlighters - Neutrogena - Sheer Shimmers

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by meaggallagher

I wish this color was more saturated. And I wish it was more shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. I mix just a tad with CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer & my face looks gorgeous. Very luminous. I also use it on my browbone. I have Spellbound which is a bronzy color. I paid about $8 & I know this tube will last forever. I like that it is oil free & when mixed with my TM, it doesn't make my face breakout. I would HIGHLY recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

The colors in of these are really nice, but they tend to be too shimmery on me. I have Mesmerized, and I am still trying to figure out how to make it work on my PPP skin. It looks so frosty on my lips, and really odd on my cheeks. But some of the other colors look nice. I would only really use this though on a day I felt lazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jenjuliet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Spellbound almost 3 years ago and I'm still nowhere near using it up. Don't use it on my lips at all but I do swipe it on my cheekbones or browbones quite often, as well as on my lids for a sheer, gently sparkling wash of creamy color. I keep it in my purse as a go-to highlighter when I need one for an unexpected occasion. Since I bought it so long ago I don't recall the price, probably around $8, but since it's lasted for so long it's definitely worth it. And once you get the tube three-quarters empty or so it's great fun to play with and smoosh back and forth when you're on a long boring phone call at work ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this in several colors but my favorite by far is spellbound. it's a very neutral beigey highlighter - good across the tops of your cheekbones, collarbones, browbone - all the spots that give your face a little definition. makes a nice neutral no makeup kind of eyeshadow, too. haven't tried this on lips. one of the best things i have found is to mix a dab of spellbound with liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer (like neutrogena healthy skin enhancer) in the palm of your hand, then apply to the face. it gives a luminous finish that doesn't look metallic or glittery. price wise a little goes a long way, and cvs has great sales on neutrogena stuff pretty regularly, so i feel like it's reasonable, esp. compared to benefit highbeam.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by bobaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Charmed. It's an cheaper alternative to Benefit's Highbeam. With that said, I use this product to highlight my browbone, the bridge of my nose and cheekbones. I have not used it on my lips, and have only used it on my eyelids once. (It gave a sheer wash of color). I love the tube packaging because it allows me to control the amount of color being used. Be careful not to use too much during the daytime. A friend of mine asked me if I had been sunburnt. However, the color looks luminous and radiating during the nightime.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Sarmouse

I love this sheer shimmers because they look great on both eyes and cheeks. (I don't like them on lips even though they say you can use them on lips). I usually put this on my eyes as a base to add shimmer to my shadows. I also use it on my cheeks as a highlighter to help enhance my blush. The formula is kinda thick at times and other times liquidy--maybe it is just mine but that is my only complaint. Other than that good product with lots of shimmer, but not a lot of color. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 11:25:00 PM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are not bad highlighters for the browbone and cheekbones. On my lids, however, it takes a ton of layering and then it creases about an hour later. Not great for the lips either, as it is too drying. Plus, I think the price is pricey for the product (about 8-9 bucks where I live). I think Wet n WIld's All over Shimmer does a better job highlighting and its only 2 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2005 10:56:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

Ugg...grease in a tube. Completely disappears on my skin, regardless of where I put it, leaving an oily mess behind. :P

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2004 8:44:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ40

I bought this in Charmed which is a light shimmery pink. It says it is for eyes, lips and cheeks and I had intended to use it on my cheeks. Even though I'm fair skinned it hardly shows up on me at all and basically just leaves some shimmer. It works ok as a light, neutral eye shadow hilighter. It did not meet my expectations though.