John Frieda Frizz-Ease FINE Hair Serum

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/19/2015 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have fine straight hair, no curl or wave but have frizzy bits on the surface and flyaways. At first I was excited to see this for fine hair as most creams and serums are too heavy for my hair and look greasy, weigh it down, make my hair feel gross, or do nothing.
Once again this did nothing. Hair was still frizzy no matter how I used this or how much.
I gave it to my mom and the next time I saw her I noticed her hair looked very dry. I asked what she had been doing and she stated it has been that way since she started using this.

on 6/20/2006 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did de-frizz my highlighted hair, but it also left it limper and greasier than I was willing live with. Will pass it along to someone who's hair isn't as fine as mine...

on 3/15/2004 9:35:00 PM

Tried this on a whim in the store, I was a bit sceptical as I wasn't sure whether this "Lite" formula would work for my stubborn, frizzy hair. On using it however, it actually seems to work very well and does not have the oily residue after feel of the original and extra strength formulas. It seems to tame my fine frizzy hair while adding shine and smoothness. I AM LIKING THIS!!!!

on 3/12/2004 3:16:00 PM

No good for my fine, long, wavy hair. Left it lank and I still got frizz.
It might work better on thicker hair, but I don't think it would control the frizz, if you have that issue.
cheap though, if it works for you.

on 2/27/2004 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Greased up my hair and didn't allow it to straighten properly. This stinks! :(

on 12/20/2003 6:56:00 AM

I am in love with this product! I have hair that is almost to my shoulders, and it is razered so I can wear it flipped out.

When I want to do something different with my hair, I curl it under. Of course I have a million fly-aways, making my hair look frizzy, because my hair is razored. All I have to do is put just a little in my hair, and it smooths it all out. You can't even tell that my hair is razored. I cant believe how great it works!

on 11/26/2003 2:45:00 PM

HI! I LOOOVE This product~! I had just gotten my dark brown hair highlighted over the summer, and it turned into a huge frizz fest. MY BOYFRIEND suggested that I try to put something in my hair! (giggle) So I tried this, and it's amazing. I used to use the regular serum, and I am so glad that they came out with this one for fine hair, because that other stuff weighed my hair down so so much, while this fine hair serum is a MIRACLE. It makes my hair super smooth, and combined with Redken All Soft shamp/cond. it makes my hair look professionally done. Then I put a little JF dream cream in my hair, and voila, I'm ready to go. Seriously go out and get this stuff, it's awesome for fine hair. (side note: if you don't wash your hair everyday like me it does leave your hair a little greasy the next day, but that could be because of my conditioning regimen).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My hair is straight/wavy and medium-to-fine textured long hair. This product made my hair look good (fuller and very shiny) but left a coating that felt dry to the touch, kinda plasticy. Its probably all that silicone. I'd only use this for an occasion when I *need* to look perfect but not for every day.

on 3/3/2003 7:31:00 PM

It worked great for about a mouth but then my hair started to fall out! I've stopped using it for about 3 days my hair has since stopped falling out. I think it was the silicone,and my hair was already damanged.

on 2/19/2003 4:10:00 PM

I used to use the original Frizz Ease Hair Serum. I happened upon this while shopping for hair products this past Saturday.

This really does de-frizz and shine fine hair. I have yet to experience any weight or greasiness from this product. Because it is formulated for fine hair, you can use more without fear of weight or greasiness. In fact, the formula itself is thinner, and more fluid.

This is how I use it, I take about a dime size amount of this product and distribute throughout my hair, concentrating on the ends of my hair, and putting almost none near my scalp/on the top of my head. Then I distribute my regular styling products througout my hair. Next, I blow-dry my hair half-way, then I distribute another dime size dollop of this stuff. After fully drying, if I see some dry spots or frizziness, I go ahead and smooth a tiny bit in my hands and smooth over the areas that need attention.

Please note that I have wavy-curly fine hair-not much there hair. I manipulate my natural texture to acheive a more controlled, looser wave pattern, or straighten it with a slight flip at the ends.

Popular Hair Products