October 21, 2014 | 1354 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Korres - Vanilla Cinnamon Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend had introduced me to the Korres brand when we passed their Kings Road store in Chelsea. I was quite boggled by the range of fabulous looking products and was pleasantly surprised by their price point.

The Vanilla Cinnamon body lotion just smelt delicious and stood out from the other products, so I had to have it! I don't like sweet-smelling lotions as it makes me feel claggy. But this is a more edited version of the vanilla and cinnamon, and I don't smell like I've been drenched in egg nog afterwards.

To be fair, if it wasn't because of the scent, I don't think the lotion formula itself is particularly remarkable. The skin on my body tends to dry out quite easily, but this lotion doesn't prevent dry patches from appearing from long if I'm in cold weather. I've since used The Dove rebrand instead, which is better suited to my moisturising needs.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by britt96

I'm absolutely in love with this product! It smells exactly like traditional Greek rice pudding! This lotion is soft and easily absorbing and the scent stays on for hours. Quite a sufficient amount of product for the price paid.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that this has been discontinued, and if it's true, then I'm really sad about it! I found my bottle at Winners, and often that means that the product has been phased out. The scent is a very sensual gourmand! The texture is on the runny side, yet it's quite moisturizing; it's great for the summer and even autumn (plus the scent is fitting!).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by elena84ier

This is not representative of Korres products. For me it was a dissapointment. The smell was a bit chemical and did not stay on the skin. Not at all a moisturising body lotion. The pump clumps so easily because the product sets in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like the texture of korres body lotions. Because of the starch they leave a powdery finish that feels very clean - especially in summer. If you live in a humid tropic climate you are going to love ths. I should confess though that it is not very effective for the very dry parts of the body that need extended hydration (eg the heels). The smell is very lovely -woody cinnamon vanilla- and also very potent, but not cloying because it has a certain spiciness. I would not rebuy it in the near future because I want to try the new coconut body milk from korres, but i can picture my self missing it after a certain period of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by kellycolts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Vanilla Cinnamon Body Milk - Perfect fragrance for fall, spicy, warm, gourmand scent. Not a thick lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this lotion! While it's on the light side as far as its consistency goes, it moisturizes my really dry skin quite well and doesn't leave it with a sticky oily feeling like some richer creams can. I absolutely love the yummy warm scent of vanilla and cinnamon making it a perfect winter treat before going to bed after a shower.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not really in love with this scent, but it's nothing to complain about either. It's a refreshing take on the classic cinnamon, not too spicy, and yet has a fruity undertone almost. I don't know how to describe it other than a faint nutmeg. The lasting power is actually really good and leaves my skin very, very tingly! Not sure if that's good or bad, but it does have an effect nonetheless. The texture of the lotion is very watery, and it's very difficult to spread and rub it. This product doesn't soak into my skin well at all. The bottle is also not squeezable so that was a negative. It's ok, but I wouldn't spend money on this again because I'm not sure I'd want to smell or feel like cinnamon all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by sherrys87

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell of this lotion is so yummy-
I bought 3 different smells and body milk, and I love them all, but this is the best....
Does anyone carry these besides sephora????

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by danai

I have used this product on and off in the past, and I'll probably go back to it as soon as I'm through with the try-every-lotion-available phase that I'm going through right now.
Pros:
- It smells absolutely delicious; I have a thing for cinammon biscuits and it smells exactly like that. It actually makes me crave them desperately. (Although I have met people who hate the smell of cinammon or vanilla.) Probably best for fall/winter because the scent is on the warm side.
- It sinks in smoothly and immidiately - which, from my experience, not a lot of lotions do.
- It leaves behind a silky, "powdery" feeling just like the bottle indicates; it's pretty much the opposite of greasy.
- It moisturises pretty well, although my skin is not very dry, so I suppose if yours is, better go for some cream or butter instead.
- It is supposed to not contain any petroleum extracts; even though they don't really bother me, i guess it's nice to have a break from mineral oil once in a while.
Cons:
- The pump bottle just won't let you use up every drop of the product, which I find quite annoying. If I'm happy with the stuff, I'll want to use all of it before I'm out to buy it again.
- I understand that, depending on the country you buy this, it can get a little pricy; however where I live (Greece) it's not (about 9).
All in all this is one of the nicest lotions I've tried; and I have tried many. Would definitely recommend it.