October 31, 2014 | 1591 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow - Fawn [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes to the question whether I would repurchase, but unfortunately I will not be able to, because this has been discontinued! 41 reviews, over 85% would buy this again, and yet this is gone from the line. I concur with other reviewers that this is one of my favorite eye shadows, color as well as formula are nothing short of perfect. Sad to see Bobbi Brown's Shimmerwashes being reduced to only a handful of shades. Shimmerwashes go on silky, in beautiful shades, the resulting finish is non frosty and they add a wonderful glow without accentuating fine lines. Hence they are the perfect choice for woman of any age. And Fawn was one of the best taupes I have ever seen. I am not aware of anything on the market that compares in both shade and finish. Very sad to see this one gone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by tanseyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the color and use it daily as a subtle accent to my mossy green eyes; it has been discontinued! Buy it up if you find it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fawn is in the taupe family. This has a mauveish undertone to it. Which I find enhances my blue eyes. That alone makes fawn a winner for me. Oh, very good quality here. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Heaven has given us 4 fabulous taupes: BB Fawn, Nars Ashes to Ashes, Chanel Taupe Grise and of course MAC Satin Taupe. But my lovlies there can only be one winner and it is Fawn. That ingenious balance of grey/brown/plum reaches perfection with Fawn. Slightly more brown where Satin Taupe is more grey, less plum to Nars Ashes to Ashes and lighter with a softer shimmer than Chanel Taupe Grise. I love them all but Fawn gets pulled out almost daily. I would bring Chanel Desert Rose duo in as a contestant but it is discontinued. Both Desert Rose (the taupe side) and Fawn project my mediumbluewithbarelyperceptablegreenundertones eyes like a 3D movie. Honestly I have to be careful when I wear it because in a business meeting the power of my eyes is distracting.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Normally I am faithful to MAC shadows only so this is my on BB one. But I have to say; it looks great with my green eyes. I like this shade a lot and it has good staying power. I like the brown/pink/purple combo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by MOxley78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bobbi Brown Fawn is my all time fave eye-shadow. I have green eyes & the purple undertones work really well with my eyes.
    I usually use a Mac paint as a base & add fawn to my lids & crease, bringing a little of my pink blush up into the crease as well.
    This has never failed me, it always looks fantastic & i can build this product to a really nice smokey eye.
    It lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by mcrouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite BB shadow. This color truly looks great with blue eyes. Every time I wear this I am always complimented on how blue my eyes look. I like the shimmer shadows because, for me, they are easier to blend then the matte shadows, but they don't have over the top shimmer which is important as I get older. My HG everyday shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by natashaogle

I use Fawn as my everyday eyeshadow. It has subtle shimmer but itís not too juvenile. (Iím 31 y.o)
    I agree with reviewer below who said that this is understated and sophisticated.
    Fawn is a beautiful taupe with a lovely texture that goes with everything and doesnít irritate my eyes. I use it as a lid wash with mahogany on the lash line and a coat of mascara. Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fawn is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "medium mauvish brown." At first I didn't see the mauve at all. It appeared to be a shimmery taupe to me. But I began examining it in sunlight, and, yes, it is what might be called "mauvish." This is a beautiful shade, very classy looking. It isn't too light or two dark and blends beautifully with many other shades. I am a collector of Bobbi's shadows, and this one ranks among my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I wasn't wowed by Fawn at first (I own more than a few taupe shadows), it's grown on me and is now one of my favorites. Bobbi Brown shadows are usually good quality and decently pigmented and this is no exception.

The color is a cool-toned taupe with slight (and I mean slight) purple undertones, as others have described. It really brings out the blue in my eyes (I'm NW20 for reference) and is neutral enough to go with a variety of colors. Sometimes I'll wear it on the lid with Bone as a highlighter, but my favorite way to wear it is in the crease with Golden Peach on the lid. It's understated and sophisticated but not invisible.

The quality is good too. I wear this over UDPP or TF Shadow Insurance and it lasts all day. What I really love about it is its blendability--when I first apply it, it can look harsh (I guess I have a habit of overapplying) but when I blend it, it looks soft and neutral.

Love this! It looks like another taupe, but it's worth having, especially for BB fans with blue eyes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No