August 21, 2014 | 1549 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Styler Dryer 1875

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by ShandaLast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blow-dryer is AMAZING. I have very poofy-frizzy-wannabe curly-but can't seem to form curls-so it just poofs up everywhere-type hair. I used to have to blow dry my hair using my fingers as a comb which took about 20 minutes, and then straighten the entire thing which would take another 20 minutes. This is entirely to long to spend on your hair. I like to run for 30 mins before work, but it's kind of insane to spend longer making my hair presentable than spend actually getting a workout. This blow dryer has cut my hair styling time in half, if not more. From completely sopping wet to dry it took about 15 minutes (my hair is very thick). I could never figure out how to blow-dry my hair with a round brush. It always ended up getting tangled and turning in to a hot mess, but this thing does it all for you in one easy step. I prefer the attachment with 2 rows of combs, i feel it does thew best at straightening.

I have never ever in my life gotten results so straight and manageable in such a short amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by defenestrator

I love this product so much, that I have been actually walking around talking about my new found love.

ME:
I am a lazy girl, when it comes to appearance. I want to look appropriate but apart from that...meh. I am willing to put maybe 5 minutes into my hair, total, so the fact that it takes 10-15 minutes to dry my hair means that it is only down for "special occasions". I have hair that goes midway down my back. It is straight-ish with just enough of a natural wave to look messy but not wavy when it air dries. Sigh. Way to be a proper stereotype, Asian hair -_-

THE DRYER:
2 minutes. It tries my hair in literally 2 minutes. My hair is dry, straight, and shiny. Initially, it's a little...not exactly frizzy or poofy, but it looks a little too excited to have been dried...but then calms down and turns into a much sleeker, hair-commercial-worthy head of hair. It's impressive. And more importantly...it takes 2 minutes. 2 minutes!!!

The only way this product could be improved is if it dried hair instantaneously. Like a hair-drying laser gun. Until that happens, I will stick with this.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this from looking at the reviews. And I have to say they are mostly accurate. The dryer is pretty fast with drying my hair. The attachment is sturdy.

However, I don't think it makes hair straight. I already have straight hair, so maybe that is why I'm not seeing a difference. But I thought it would make my hair straight enough that I don't need a hair straightener. It doesn't. So I still need my Chi. But I'm happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by cavvie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great styling tool that saves time and money and gives superb results. My hair is short, about 1 1/2" below my chin. This dryer makes it nice and straight but doesn't sap the volume. It's easy to clean the dryer and attachments. The price is right. I will be buying more when the time comes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by FLUFFHEAD981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So great, so cheap. I bought this product on a whim, I was so sick of the time it took to straighten my super long hair that I got it chopped into a bob. After the haircut, I found that my straightener made my hair almost too straight, so I went to Target and purchased the Conair Styler/Dryer. I am so glad I did, this product saves me a ton of time in the morning, of which I have precious little.
I can dry and style my hair in under 15 minutes now and only need a little of Bb's Straight to combat the frizz. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I just recieved this styler/dryer as a gift for Christmas, and it turned out to be one of the best presents ever! Not only does this dryer straighten and smooth my hair extremely well, it does so very quicky. I'd be willing to say using this has cut my drying time in half! There is definitely a lot less frizz going on than with most dryers as well. Another great feature is that this really increases volume if you run it through your roots in an upward motion.
I use the straightening comb most of the time, which takes a little practice but yields great results. At first my hair was blowing all over the place but I figured out the best way to hold and move with the dryer, and for the most part you really only need one hand. My arm doesnt get worn out from having a heavy dryer in one hand and a round brush in the other the way it used to! I really dont need a flat iron after use unless I'm wanting to be as pin straight as possible. I also like the rounded brush attachment for smoothing my waves and curling the ends under. I've yet to use the detangling attachment, because I use a leave-in and comb beforehand. So far I havent had any trouble with the attachments falling off, but will update if I do. I'm so loving this!

There may be a small amount of confusion with the product being reviewed, as there are several with very similar names. This review is for the one in the picture, the Infiniti by Conair Tourmaline Ionic Styler Dryer. It retails for around 35.00 at WalMart. It seems that there are several different almost identical versions of this available, just wanted to clarify.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglam76

This is awesome. I have had a zillion of these, and they usually die after just a few months because of the way that the air blows into the hair. I bought a replacement (Vidal) that overheated the first time I used it. This one has been with me for a few years. Its losing power now, but its by far the longest I have been able to keep one of these things. BTW they are getting harder to find arent they? Used to get at Target, Walgreens, anywhere, now I cant find anywhere!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

This is my HG hair dryer! In fact, it is my HG beauty product in general. I have very thick, very wavy hair and this dryer does a phenomenal job of straightening and drying my hair in a minimal amount of time. I have been using it for years and years and wouldn't give it up for anything. I literally could not live without this product. The key feature of this product is the brush attachment. It allows you to dry your hair with a hand free. I would never ever use a traditional dryer. My mom and sister also swear by this dryer and they have "regular" hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 8:28:00 AM More reviews by pinup_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For as long as I can remember I've had the hardest time getting my pouffy, frizzy, curly hair to look smooth, straight and sleek. I've tried different flat irons, dryers, serums and everything under the sun all with little success. That is, until I discovered Conair's Ion 1875 Styler Dryer. It's basically a hairdryer with various brush/comb attachments so you have more control over style when drying your hair. Instead of a fluffy mess, my hair is smooth, sleek and shiny. I barely even need to use my flat iron anymore because the amount of control this styler gives me allows me to straighten my hair while drying. I don't really believe the Ion hype, but I do know this is a great option for curly, frizzy girls like myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2005 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Fox1star

I only have used mine twice so far.. the first time it was a little awkward, the 2nd time it was easier.. dried my wavy frizzy hair faster than my $100 Elkem hair dryer! Was so much easier than trying to hold a brush and dryer at the same time! Well worth the $19.99!