Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Aquaresistant Purple

on 4/19/2013 5:15:00 PM

I love this product! The color is fantastic and it stays on all day, never smuges. I get so many compliments on my lashes when I wear this! The only bad part is that it drys out so fast!!! I haven't had mine very long and I already need another one!

on 8/10/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I loved this mascara when I bought it. Often when you buy a colored mascara you can't see the color. Not with this one. The color is beautiful and very noticeable. I recieved alot of compliments with this mascara. It also made my tiny lashes look luxorious.
My only complaint is that your lashes get too hard when they dry and removing it with makeup remover causes lashes to fall out. As a BE junkie I am use to having soft lashes with their flawless definition mascara. However, I would still buy this mascara again, and I reccomend it to everyone.

on 12/2/2010 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I'm a sucker for purple everything!!! I love this mascara, sometimes I apply it to my lover lashes, and sometimes only to the tip of my lashes, over black mascara. I really like it, the color is beautiful. I would definetely buy it again!

on 6/3/2008 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!! I've been on a "coloured mascara binge" for the last couple of months (it's the summer in me!!!) and after purchasing Diorshow in Azure Blue, I desperately wanted 2 more colours: purple/violet and green. I have dark brown eyes and love how these three colours brighten up my eyes. Anyhow, I read the reviews here at MUA and decided to splurge for the YSL purple mascara. Let me tell you, it's an EXPENSIVE mascara, but so worth every penny. I recall from many years ago when I was using the black version that I loved the volumizing effect of this mascara, so that was never going to be an issue for me. If anything, the formula improved. I love to "pile it on", but as you know, most mascaras turn gunky and clumpy when you do that. Not YSL. Perfect consistency, product deposit on lashes, yet, not gunky and making almost forget about my eyelash comb, which is my HG product. Now onto the colour... I was really afraid that this would be too dark, to the point where you wouldn't be able to tell it was purple, but more greyish black. On the other hand, didn't want it to be too bright an tacky. And I have to tell you, YSL got it perfect, just erfect. I bought the regular version, although this comes in waterproof too (no difference in colour). The colour is just perfect, noticeable but not over the top purple, which, BTW, I think you can totally pull off during the day too. Indoors actually, unless under fluorescent light, this won't show up as purple. It's when you are outside or in the bright light where this just shows its perfect colour. I use this with NARS' Manon liner and just looks beautiful with brown eyes, brings them to life! Too bad they don't make the green version (regular green, not olive green) otherwise I'd be buying that as well. This way I had to buy Chanel's green, which I yet have try, but will report on it. BTW, I definitely prefer YSL's consistency to Diorshow, but Dior's blue mascara is just unmatchable when colour is in question.
UPDATE: I am SOOOOOO sad, but I had top return this mascara as I am allergic to it!!! Beware, if you have sensitivity to purple colours (quite common from what I understand) you won't bea able to wear this :-( What a shame, I loved this mascara... But, I leave 5 lippies as if I didn't have the allergy to purple products, I would wear this all the time!

on 10/24/2006 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Beautiful and sleek, little gold tube and a non-flaky formula make this worth while. The purple also seems to subtly brighten up my brown eyes without being too garish. I actually wore it to work without fear. It also doesn't clump which is a plus.

This is a great colour, I always get compliments when I wear this, but its hard to work with. I always have problems with mascara as my lashes are super long already but fine so alot are too heavy for them and make them clump together no matter what I do.

on 1/7/2006 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, contact lens wearers, beware: this stuff flakes. I always buy water resistant mascara for its durability, but this mascara is rough on the eyes - it does not wear well on me at all. The color is very pretty, but I was ready to scratch the stuff right off after having it on for three hours. I've tried using it sparingly, wearing it only as an accent on the lower lashes, just putting a bit on the tips of my lashes - nothing helps. Would definitely NOT waste my money on this product again.

on 5/1/2005 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What a treat to have a waterproof mascara in such a gorgeous color! :) I usually find that mascara ranges have all the lovely colors and textures - and then there's the waterproof one, in black or black/brown, disgusting smell, and not doing much for the lashes. Well, no more!! This makes the lashes cat-walk bushy, and with a discreet purple color which doesn't shriek 'PURPLE!! LOOK AT ME!', but lends interest to the look. And it makes my eyes pop! Just for fun I tried putting it on one eye & not the other, and wow! The 'nude' eye looked tiiiiiiny! I love this mascara - and after a couple of weeks it hasn't once run or smudged.

on 6/26/2004 2:26:00 PM

Definately worth it! I bought this in purple(4w) and black(1w) and I love the purple, it lengthens & thickens liike Diorshow but doesn't dry out as quickly. I too had people telling me I have beautiful green eyes (actually plain hazel) so I will be buying it again. Don't get scared when you see the color on the brush, it does not look that way on your lashes!

I really like this mascara. It's a dark, but noticable purple that's very flattering. It's very easy to apply and stays put all day. You need makeup remover to get it off, but isn't that always the way with waterproof mascaras? :-)

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products