April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Dove Intense Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner 2 in 1

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the conditioner! Feels so nice and really does a lot for my curly hair! love love love! Dove is the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by roomie97

I really liked the way it smells even if it flies away in a few hours! haha :) this shampoo does a really great job cleaning out the dirt from my hair and i am overly pleased how it fixed my split end problems! after using this shampoo i realized that i didn't have much split ends anymore! totally in LURV with this shampoo and will be using them until they discontinue! (hope not)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This 2 in 1 is suitable only for those with specific needs -- namely, people with quite dry hair or those who wash their hair at least twice a day. The reason for this is because its shampooing ability is not that great and it leaves a coat of something on the hair to make it somewhat smooth. The reason why those who wash their hair at least twice a day may benefit from using this product is because when you wash hair a number of times in a single day, you rob quite a bit of moisture from the hair. This product is not strong enough to strip moisture from hair even if you wash your hair twice in a single day. So all in all, it's a product that oily type people should avoid.

I have used other 2 in 1's before and compared to those, Dove doesn't leave the hair feeling completely stripped of moisture and feeling lifeless. It's quite the opposite actually. It's just too weak to make your hair feeling like you've had a really good wash. I guess if you are so used to using shampoo and conditioner separately, then you would find yourself wondering if you really washed your hair at all. But, amazingly your hair does get washed and you won't feel itchiness because of oil left on the follicles of your hair. This product doesn't have the ability to detangle your hair but it doesn't make your hair clumpy either. The hair does feel somewhat smooth after drying with a hair dryer.

The only other drawback to this product would be the scent. It's so strong that you can smell it deep in your nostrils and in your mouth. It's just too strong that you find yourself becoming numb to any scent after a while, which is not a good thing.

The packaging isn't user friendly because the flip top is too bulky that it gets in the way of squeezing the product onto hand.

The product itself is like a white coloured cream that lathers into a mousse like consistency. It doesn't lather well like ordinary shampoos and you can immediately feel the "coating" on your hair which stays put even if you rinse out the product. I guess this "coating" is supposed to be the conditioner portion of the product.

355ml; got it on sale at $2.99 CDN plus taxes. I won't be purchasing this again since it doesn't fit my particular needs. I gave it 3 lippies because of its overall performance compared to other 2 in 1's that I've tried in the past (such as Pert).

**UPDATE** I am now discovering that using this product leaves me with quite a bad case of dandruff! I've never had that happen to me with any shampoo or 2 in 1 that I've used in the past. So I'm now changing this to 1 lippie (I wish I could give it zero lippie). The scent is still left in the hair but it's rather horrifying to find yourself with many flakes when you've only washed your hair the night before and all you did was sleep and wake up... then flakes!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sunkissdxsmile

OMG this was horrible. First of all, it smells very medicine-y and unpleasant. I would have forgone the smell if it worked any wonder on my hair which it didn't. Contrary to the claim of "intense moisture" my hair feels as though it has been stripped of moisture and it also made my hair wavy for some reason. I don't why this is so bad but it just is...I'm never using this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by amwong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually adore Dove just because it smells so CLEAN rather than those overly-artificial floral scents that other brands tend to go for and this product was no exception. But other than the lovely smell, there isn't really much to recommend here.

Firstly, maybe because it's a combo product so you need to massage it in more than you usually would if it was just a conditioner. So I ended up with sort of greasy roots/hair when I usually don't even with the heavy moisturizer conditioners. I guess you could avoid this by just usually it on the ends instead of touching your roots but then it defeats the purpose of it being a shampoo.

The bottle isn't particularly spectacular and the non-transparency is an issue cuz you have to shake it to make sure there isn't some product left at the bottom that you just can't see.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by mzxtine

I bought it because it was a 2 in 1 bottle to try.... but it was a bad choice. It made my smooth hair frizzy and untamed... I should just stick to Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky 2 in 1...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. Cleans well and leaves behind a nice lasting smell in my hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2007 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Lilacangel

Just bought my second bottle of this stuff! During the week when I'm short of time a two-in-one works best for me, and this is by far the best one I have tried. It smells yum and people have actually commented on my hair since I started using it. I have natural hair which is long and very fine, it often looks flat, but this product seems to make it look thicker too which is a plus!
Will keep my eyes out for the 'dandruff' effect thats been mentioned - not something I want! But for now I'm very happy with this and will continue buying it again until I am not!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by brooklyntbone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have classic Chinese hair: straight, strong, smooth. Scalp fairly normal, but sensitive. I went into a fancy $100/haircut salon and the very young shampoo girl, with her long, cool fingers that should have been playing the piano started dreamily pulling at my hair, saying, "Your hair is so wonderful, so thick and strong. What do you use in it?" I said, "Just a Dove 2-in-1." She cooed over and over, "Dove 2-in1, Dove 2-in-1," in total wonder as she kept going through my hair staring at it. I'd say she was impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2006 3:07:00 PM More reviews by shapat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nope, not for me at all. Wayyyy too heavy and waxy. It coated my hair and dulled it after a few uses. And I still needed an additional conditioner. Just like every other 2 in 1, disappointing. Mine found the trash after only a few uses. I wanted to like it, too, but I just wasn't feeling the love.